C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Inherited '99 C280 W202 how to care for it...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C280
Inherited '99 C280 W202 how to care for it...

Experts – Newbie here to this site...

I’ve inherited a 1999 C280 with really low miles – under 30,000 in mileage.

I’m just wondering what I should consider to ensure the proper care of this car? Today she’s undergoing a dealer inspection which will give me a report about the car.

I’m assuming all fluids should be flushed and changed? Given it was grandma’s car left out in the Florida sun…seems it baked quite allot…dried out

Is there a better way or supplier’s to do the following:

• Instead of cleaning the carpets I thought I’d just replace them? Spendy?
  • Headliner – it’s really faded or at least it's not the same color as the carpet so is that easily replaceable? And I’m talking about the space also right behind the rear passenger seats – that is all snow white from sun fading
  • Bose speaker covers – rear passenger area by rear window are dried and literally crumble when you touch them – ideas where to get replacements?
  • Steering Wheel – my preference is to replace this with the same color leather – but I want the leather and wood steering wheel – where can I get that?
  • The drivers seat does not go up or down – granted the seat part tilts but if the switch is working now for the tilt does that mean the motor portion is not? How best to solve?
  • There is a plastic part around each window – it butts up against the door seal – and it’s faded and blotchy – how do I fix that?

Relatively speaking these are all minor fixes I think given the age and low mileage – the engine is smooth as butter and actually very clean inside low brand new. So I’m trying to save some money yet get the interior to be as new as possible without going too crazy with any dealer prices. Thanks