C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

died and now no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e30 m3(storage) , '94 cobra(vette killer),w202 c280 (daily)
died and now no start

whats up guys - the last problem i had with the car was fixed via this forum hoping to go 2 for 2.

about a week ago after warming up the car i take off and drive about 2 miles i turn at the light and go to give it gas the car is dead - i quickly crank it , it starts takes off up a slight hill and dies again so i turn into a lot with a decent hill and coast up it . i turn off the key turn it back on when it goes to start i rev rev rev to the limit and the car starts running fine .

up until today- just out and about around town when this guy cuts in front of me hard !!so i jam on the breakes to the point the tires squeal like a pig . i accelerate past the dbag and turn at a light onto a flat road, when i go to give it gas its dead. i try to restart while coasting in neutral into bank parking lot where car finally decides its not goin to turn over - i sit there for 2 hours because as a US soldier i have nothing better to do while in the USA.
either way i try it - and nothing. let it sit 10 minutes- nothing . let it sit half hour - nothing , hour , all the way till now- it was towed to my home where it sits in the street - cranking but not starting.

i was thinking its 1 of the fallowing - feul pump , and or , pump relay.
or the crank sensor - but most of the time when it cools down it will re- fire on a bad crank sensor correct ?? or the ovp relay - i popped it out scuffed up the terminals with some 2000 grit and popped it back in . no codes show up on my scanner - its obd I and II AND digital so im assuming it would of picked up somthing .

thinking about taking it to a great shop in the morning to have it fully diagnosed if i cant figure it out on my own - where do i get those relays or how do i test them ? please help me solve this issue... thank you in advance.