C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

new owner, 2 questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 c230 kompressor
new owner, 2 questions

Just got a '99 c230k and i hate the tape player. Looking forward to swap it. How do I go on about it? any special tools needed to take out the radio?
And also, my mirror adjust button is like stuck si I cant adjust the right mirror, i think its because theres alot of debris there and needs some cleaning. How do I remove that wood trim around the shift knob to see whats goin on with the button? Thank you and looking forward to enjoy the ride
Old 05-09-2012, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 SLK 300
I bought some super cheap radio removal tool off ebay. They work great. Thin pieces of metal, with the right design slip into the horizontal slots on the radio. Comes right out.
To remove the wood trim, I simply lift on the wood near the change holder at the front of the panel. You could remove the plastic trim surrounding the shifter as it may make it easier. I do not need to, for me, they all come off at the same time. Just snapped in place, and pulling evenly with both hands lifts the wood right off.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w202 1996 c220
Originally Posted by DaNiEl-07-
Just got a '99 c230k and i hate the tape player. Looking forward to swap it. How do I go on about it? any special tools needed to take out the radio?
And also, my mirror adjust button is like stuck si I cant adjust the right mirror, i think its because theres alot of debris there and needs some cleaning. How do I remove that wood trim around the shift knob to see whats goin on with the button? Thank you and looking forward to enjoy the ride
The Best route to go is With a Plug And Play Blaupunkt Radio/CD/USB/MP3/WMA Radio.
this way you dont have to mess around with the speakers etc.
The One i bought was the Blaupunkt Madrid 210 radio.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E350, Sold 1998 C230
All you need are the two little removal tools that can be had from amazon for about 5 bucks for the pair. They slide in the slots in the front of the radio and then the radio will slide right out. Pull out the connectors and it's in your lap. The tools also work on the heating and AC control unit.

Any single din radio will fit right in. They supply and outer sleeve that slides in first and locks in by itself. Then the radio will slide in that sleeve. They usually supply two small tools to let you slide the radio in and out. And if you get a new radio, dont forget the antenna adapter that lets you use the Mercedes antenna connector on the new radio.

Removal tools:

Antenna adapter: