C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

the attention you get with your C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C230
the attention you get with your C

anyone have any stories about the attention you get with your car? if any at all?

i'll start:

one time while i was at a parking lot at the mall. i picked a spot that was away from a bunch of other cars and when i came back like 3 other mercedes were parked next to me (an e class, slk, and clk lol). one of the guys that parked next to me left a note on my car saying 'nice ride!'

Last edited by Rincewind; 07-09-2003 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
if i drive in ghetto area people start..if i drive i my area no1 cares...
Old 07-09-2003, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1968 cadillac coupe deville calais hardtop
yeah same here TP

but...

most of the people in my area, as wealthy as they wanna act still dig the car, these lil chumps didn't have cars like this when they were our age. they were milking old beat up stangs and pontiacs. yeah, the new school though, the rich new school, don't really care, and if they do, they don't show it. daddy bought em a G class, C class what?

i love my car though and a truly nice looking C class or 3 series bimmer in my opinion can still turn heads anywhere and everywhere.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:32 PM

87 190E 2.6/1995 M3
get lots of attention.....mostly the finger and honks from the people I blow past every day on my way to work...... don't think that's the kind of attention that Rincewind is talking about though....:p

seriously, though I live in a wealthy are of Long Island, NY....my 8 year old c-class kinda gets lost among all those damn richkids driving daddy's m3, c32 amg etc or mommy's M class, X5's etc....plus I'm not really into the image statement but more into the driving aspect of owning a high powered german car.

on the plus side I often get compliments from people at work...
Old 07-09-2003, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi S4
being 17 driving a mercedes to school everyday, you tend to get stares.

i went to one of my girlfriend's house and her sister and her guy friends were about to leave and i pulled up and they did nothing but stare at me while i waited for them to pull out of the driveway in their car. as they passed by they gave me a thumbs up and said "you have a really nice car!"

over at school as you pass by a large crowd you get a lot of head turns

but the thing that pisses me off, even if im going 35 on a side street or just sticking on first and the engine is revving high, people tell me to slow down.

around here every other car is practically a mercedes or bmw now so it doesnt stand out as much as a ferrari modena, but if im the spectator from the side of the road, i usually spot out the amg's or the m's, not so much the others anymore. i love the new e though...
Old 07-09-2003, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
the new E is awesome, but im a lil uneasy about the rear tail lights. they remind me of a camry.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
i get chix when i am in skoo.. when we have gorup meetings..there liek whoa u drive a benz?? damn nice car!!! and make medrive them around ..etc
Old 07-09-2003, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
haha me too
Old 07-09-2003, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Yea, whenever I get asked what I drive and I answer back, "I drive a benz", they all give me a look and whoa, u drive a benz???
Old 07-09-2003, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
There's a lot of rich people where I live, but not many of them spend it on their kids in a way you'd expect (like a Benz or Bimmer). Most of the richest kids drive Z28's, SS's, GT's, Cobra's, and expensive *** trucks. I roll around in a 95 C and I get stares all the time. Every time I pull up somwhere, there's always someone staring at me. Girly's like it too!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Audi S4
yup a lot of girls around here ask me to drive them around and excite them with the speed haha. yeah i feel like a snob sometimes when im talking about cars with my friends or whoever and they ask or see what i drive and call me on that
Old 07-10-2003, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by DMXtremeZ
...yeah i feel like a snob sometimes when im talking about cars with my friends or whoever and they ask or see what i drive and call me on that
i know EXACTLY what youre talking about!!! i hate it when i tell other kids that i drive a benz and they look at me like some spoiled *** brat. then i tell them i paid for it myself in cash after selling my last car, and they dont believe me at all.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in the Frozen North, a Mercedes is a pretty rare bird. With a C-Class (reasonably equipped) banging on $50K and hitting into the $60K's, these are not cheap cars.

One day at a big mall I parked in a spot marked "Reserved for Parents with Children." Well, I had my daughter with me, and was in a hurry, so I swooped in and took the spot. I whipped out the stroller, loaded the munchkin in, and headed in to shop.

A few minutes later, we're done and headed for the car. There is two soccer-mom types in front of me, both with their own children. They are complaining that "someone with a Mercedes" parked in the Parents with Children parking space. Quite loudly. I, being right behind them, intervened, and pondered aloud that we should check in the Mercedes and see if it has a car seat.

The two Moms instantly agreed, and we closed in on my car. Just as we got close, I popped the trunk wide open and began loading in my shopping. The two soccer-moms looked at me, looked at my daughter and sheepishly headed for their mini-vans.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:12 AM
Almost a Member!

i never get looks in my car, b/c its so boring.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:18 AM

I drive what I drive
my system gets the attention of everyone
Old 07-10-2003, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey

Originally posted by 714guy
i never get looks in my car, b/c its so boring.
yo what part of oc u from 714?
Old 07-10-2003, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Audi S4
i know EXACTLY what youre talking about!!! i hate it when i tell other kids that i drive a benz and they look at me like some spoiled *** brat. then i tell them i paid for it myself in cash after selling my last car, and they dont believe me at all.
see, i didn't pay for it... lol
Old 07-10-2003, 10:09 AM

87 190E 2.6/1995 M3
see, i didn't pay for it... lol
me neither....graduation gift from daddy (plus my bimmer got run over by a semi)
Old 07-10-2003, 10:45 AM

My car somehow gets a lot of attention, sometimes strange attention. One minor occasion was that I was parked at the tire section of Sam's Club, and went in for shopping. When I came out, a couple of guys were standing next to my car, staring inside. When I got to my car, they got startled and told me I have a beautiful car. Then, I always get compliments from my neighbors whenever I go cruising.

Whenever I take my car to firestone or any other body shop, the guys there go crazy over it, and stand and look inside of, and drive it around the lot. Whenever I go to school in the Benz, I got several compliments from my friends. Once my teacher began talking to me about the benz. But, overall, I get a lot of great attention.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking damnnnnn....

Originally posted by pks485
My car somehow gets a lot of attention, sometimes strange attention. One minor occasion was that I was parked at the tire section of Sam's Club, and went in for shopping. When I came out, a couple of guys were standing next to my car, staring inside. When I got to my car, they got startled and told me I have a beautiful car. Then, I always get compliments from my neighbors whenever I go cruising.

Whenever I take my car to firestone or any other body shop, the guys there go crazy over it, and stand and look inside of, and drive it around the lot. Whenever I go to school in the Benz, I got several compliments from my friends. Once my teacher began talking to me about the benz. But, overall, I get a lot of great attention.
if i lived where u lived i would pimp all the young girls to death...
Old 07-10-2003, 12:56 PM

Re: damnnnnn....

Originally posted by 2~s0L~t
if i lived where u lived i would pimp all the young girls to death...

LOL!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:35 PM

Mercedes-Benz C240 and Corvette C5 convertible
Attention of a Benz.

Wherever I go, I get stares at red lights, parking lots, and even on expressways. Sometimes I get unwanted attention and it becomes bothersome at times. But remember this, is it you or the car that gets more attention? If it's the car, don't be jealous!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: hey

Originally posted by 2~s0L~t
yo what part of oc u from 714?
i be in orange.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:33 PM

Around here Benz are a dime a dozen. Here teenagers drive Range Rovers to school. Most of the comments I get come from coworkers wanting to know how much I make. I always tell them "probably more than you if you have to ask".

The best though...I left my job last year because they kept promising a big *** rase and never delivered. So, here I am at the pump and the old boss pulls up to the pump next to me. He ask "how can you afford that Mercedes?" my reply "it's amazing what can happen when people respect and value a person, so, how is the civic treating you, you know that respect thing; besides I obviously maker more money that you at this point.” He is so stupid he doesn’t realize, and never will, that I paid less than he did for his civic.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

now then....

Originally posted by BenzMan1
Around here Benz are a dime a dozen. Here teenagers drive Range Rovers to school. Most of the comments I get come from coworkers wanting to know how much I make. I always tell them "probably more than you if you have to ask".

The best though...I left my job last year because they kept promising a big *** rase and never delivered. So, here I am at the pump and the old boss pulls up to the pump next to me. He ask "how can you afford that Mercedes?" my reply "it's amazing what can happen when people respect and value a person, so, how is the civic treating you, you know that respect thing; besides I obviously maker more money that you at this point.” He is so stupid he doesn’t realize, and never will, that I paid less than he did for his civic.
NOW THAT'S SOME A DAT PIMP TALK BOOOOOY!

BOO YAH!
Attached Thumbnails the attention you get with your C-pimp.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the attention you get with your C