C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

BRAKE REPLACEMENT TIME

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C280
Exclamation BRAKE REPLACEMENT TIME

So the time has come, where I need to order my new set of front rotors and brake pads. I have it figured out for the pads, that they will be OEM Mercedes since I don't care about the dust much, and really enjoy the quietness when braking. I tend to use my brakes a lot, so they get hot and with the OEM pads I never had a problem of not stopping or hearing squealing noises. However I'm very confused on what to do with the rotors. Since they're the front rotors, they do most of the work for stopping the car, so i need something durable. I really like the look of cross-drilled, however I've been told that if they're drilled instead of casted, most likely they'll crack. I'm looking for the best Aftermarket Brake Rotor. I've been comparing in many forums and read a lot of reviews. If you have had good experience with a certain brand rotor, just post it's name. If you had bad experience with a certain brand rotor also write about it. I almost ordered Stoptech, however read somewhere that Zimmermann is better. Then BMW forums say Zimmermann is one of the worst. I'm really confused on what to order, and I'd hate to put OEM Rotors again, so please help me make a choice. Pretty much i'm looking for something that will not rust, will not crack, and will not deform when heated. Please Help
Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C280
Also another question I have is, I found in the junkyard a 1995 E420. The brake calipers on it look great meaning they're 4 pistons, however they're flipped compared to our w202. Would they still fit and function correctly if they're changed, where the right one will go on my left side and the left one will go on my right side?