C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Brake Rubbing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Brake Rubbing?

Hey all,
Sometimes when I'm going slow, say puttering up to a red light, and I begin to slow down, I hear this rubbing sound from the right front tire when braking. It only happens once in a while...anyone know what this is or could be? Thanks.

-G-
Old 12-01-2003, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
I think i figured something out...someone gimme an opinion?

The front tires are low...down to about 22 PSI, so I filled them to about 30-32 PSI and the rubbing noise went away.

This morning on my way to school, it was rubbing again from the front right...when I got to the parking garage, I took a look and it looks like my tires are low again (I think due to cold then warm then cold again weather)...I'm gonna try and fill up this afternoon with air then see if it does it again.

Think there is any correlation between the air pressure and the rubbing noise? I looked at the brakes and rims...nothing seems to be contacting between the two, so I don't think the brake caliper is rubbing against the rim...

-G-
Old 11-05-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by GDawgC220
I think i figured something out...someone gimme an opinion?

The front tires are low...down to about 22 PSI, so I filled them to about 30-32 PSI and the rubbing noise went away.

This morning on my way to school, it was rubbing again from the front right...when I got to the parking garage, I took a look and it looks like my tires are low again (I think due to cold then warm then cold again weather)...I'm gonna try and fill up this afternoon with air then see if it does it again.

Think there is any correlation between the air pressure and the rubbing noise? I looked at the brakes and rims...nothing seems to be contacting between the two, so I don't think the brake caliper is rubbing against the rim...

-G-
Hi, I am having same problem. I did not try adding air into my tires yet, but I will sure do when I get out from work. I know that the pressure in my tires is a little low (25-27 PSI) and should be increased up to proper measurements. Did the rubbing noise go away?