C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

99 c230 axle help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230k
99 c230 axle help!!

Hello!

I am in desperate need of guidance finding axles for my 99 c230. I am new to the forum and pretty new to Mercedes in general. I have searched high and low and have found very little info. I apologize in advance if I missed something or if the answer is simple, which i hope it is.

I bought this MB with a blown rear. I have a new rear but need to also replace the axles. My car has traction control. I cannot find new traction control axles anywhere. Only used on ebay (or very expensive from MB), which i do not want. The non-traction control axles are readily available. And the only noticeable difference between them that I noticed was the reluctor ring. So I got the clever idea to go to autozone, get the new axles, then go to MB and get new reluctor rings and simply put the rings on the axle and then have the correct axles.

well, no, that didn't work. the axles i received have about a 1-2mm smaller hub and the ring just fell on as apposed to being pressed on. Im not sure if maybe autozone just made the hubs smaller to cut down on cost and because it wasn't designed to accommodate a reluctor ring, or if they will all be like this.

bottom line...i need new axles that accommodate traction control for me car. please help!!! thanks!