C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Heat Damage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heat Damage?

its been getting pretty hot in NJ recently, with temps well above 80 degrees for the past couple weeks. most of the time, im forced to leave all of the windows on my w202 closed because theres always a chance of rain. so, i was wondering, should i worry about damaging anything in the car because its getting so hot in there? if so, whats worse... water getting in the car or the possible damage caused by the heat?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Re: Heat Damage?

Originally posted by ricerokets4life
its been getting pretty hot in NJ recently, with temps well above 80 degrees for the past couple weeks. most of the time, im forced to leave all of the windows on my w202 closed because theres always a chance of rain. so, i was wondering, should i worry about damaging anything in the car because its getting so hot in there? if so, whats worse... water getting in the car or the possible damage caused by the heat?
no question about it, water is definitely worse. sun...use a sunshade, and keep the leather and dash well conditioned.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mercedes shop that we bought my wife's C280 from leaves the sunroofs pop'd up all of the time. I asked about rain and he said that unless they were expecting a *heavy* wind storm, no water would enter. Our car was entrusted to him for a year while the previous owner was overseas, all the while with the sunroof pop'd open in the heat. The car had obviously never been wet inside.

We still leave the roof pop'd up in the heat.

For my Trooper, where the moonroof doesn't pop up, I picked up a cheap solar powered window fan. It doesn't let any water in, but I have to park with the driver's side facing the sun. It still vents without direct sunlight, but it does a much better job when it is running.

Like this:
http://www.gadgetuniverse.com/cgi-bi...747&PID=613288

-Tad
Old 05-25-2004, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
MA has seen some hot days around here and I've had to leave it in direct sunlight when at work. Sometimes I would pop up the sunroof, but damn immature people throw **** in the car if you do leave it up, so I have to leave it down.

I clean and condition my leather once a month and everything has been fine inside, leather is still nice and soft, No cracks/rips/tears or fading from sun. Same goes for the dash.

If your really worried, I'd look into a sunshade for your windshield, park somewhere shady if possible or tint the windows
Old 05-25-2004, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
word, i want to tint my windows but in NJ, if you wanted to tint your windows and still keep your dignity, you'd have to do it ILLEGALLY!!!!