C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

99 C230 Kompressor Auto to Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 c230 kompressor
99 C230 Kompressor Auto to Manual

Ive got a 99 c230 kompressor with a MC rebuilt motor, and a seemily healthy supercharger. Body is a 7/10, interior is a easy 9./10. All electric motors function properly. The automatic that sits in the car, is factory and pretty wrecked after just 100k miles.

This car has a special value to me, and I’m NOT looking for your opinion if I’m wasting my time. I have a shop, with a lift and almost any other tool I will need, (besides strictly Mercedes tools) and I have 2 daily drivers not including this car.
Ive looked through previous threads and all I’ve found is opinions that “you’re wasting your time” or very big assumptions of what needs to be done without ever being sure.

I am wondering if anybody ACTUALLY knows what is required to allow of the computers to function and allow the car to start.

If i swap everything over, is it possible to get a MCT to flash the car, or do I need to pull a ECM (ecu) out of a manual example and swap all of those over as well?

We’ve done swaps on American and JDM stuff, but for lack of better judgement, now I’m taking on this merc.
And the only daunting part of this for me is getting the ignition functioning and anything else tied to the automatic.

Thanks so much, and all I ask if for useful information without too many opinions. I’m getting this done regardless.
As of right now I’m hoping to get the car on the road by August 2019. Hopefully not too ambitious.