C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

slk/sl pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
slk/sl pedals

So i ordered them and pciked them up today, and the E break goes on easy enough, the brake is a ***** to get on and still work on that, but my question is for the gas, its a slip on but you can't slip it on because the gas break has something connecting to it which won't let you slide something over it, is there a way to remove it or how is this done, and is there an easy to to put on the break pedal cover, its just to damn hard to do any ideas, and I got clk door pins when i was there, I kind of expected more with them, oh well, i'm not gonna pay 80 bucks for some alu ones at formymercedes
Old 08-03-2004, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
so like unscrew the buttom of the pedal for the gas. like in the back 2 black plastic nuts. ok good go do it now
Old 08-04-2004, 03:20 AM

c43
what about the break, its hard to put in, and not to sound like a baby or anything it seriously starts to hurt my fingers when i try to open and pull them to fit over, its hard to get a firm grip on anything and I am not able to since it is way at the bottom and I have be down there, all in all it sucks and if there is an easy way to do this let me know please, and the screw on the back connecting it to the object behind or the ones at the bottom of the pedal that connects it to the base?
Old 08-04-2004, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yea. the 2 black nuts. it should be 13 or 10mm.

use flat head for ur brake pedal
Old 08-04-2004, 04:09 AM

c43
i was getting pissed about removing the other one because it didn't want to come out so i just cut it off, oh well they look like **** anyway
Old 08-04-2004, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ur nto suppose to cut anything off. wat if the gas pedal fall off when ur driving?????????
Old 08-04-2004, 04:46 AM

c43
sorry let me be more clear, i cut the rubber cover for my gas pedal off, i didn't not mess with the actual pedal itself
Old 08-04-2004, 12:40 PM

oh man...seriously, it's much easier to remove two plastic nuts on the gas pedal and replace the whole assembly, than it is to cut off the rubber and try to slip on the new rubber...

Never cut if it can be avoided. Not for EL doorsills, and certainly not for pedals.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:29 PM

c43
Yeah i'll remember that, i'm not really sure what i was thinking or if I even was atm, but imma try and unscrew them when i try again, maybe in a few hours, its *** hot right now, stupid so cal and its 100+ weather.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:35 PM

c43
well the break pedal is making progress, using a screw driver doesn't work, at least not for my, i used the smallest flat i had, ut i couldn't move the plastic over without removing the screw driver and once its gone it folds back in, but at the cost of my left index finger, i have secured all the sides except the upper right side where the rubber part juts out, it seems the area where the pedal is suppose to slip under is right below the pedal not and the above part is under it, if you were looking at the rubber cover this would make perfect sense so sorry is this sounds convoluted. I am having a bit of trouble in removing the two bottom screws, but there is also the program on the upper back screw, i'm not sure if its a screw at all, but if i could get that one off it would be much easier than the two metals one at the bottom, either way if i remove the two connecting the pedal to the bottom of the car i still need to remove the upper latch or whatever it is, I'm not sure if that one can be removed because it doesn't seem to be a screw, there is one part that can spin on its own. hopefully if i get the break pedal on within the next half hour i should be good, and its still damn hot here, *sigh* it nevre gets cool

* on a side note I had opted not to have round dots for the e break, I had a chance to look at both of them and i think he oval shaped is better suited for e break, than rounded dots, thats just what i suggest, I could very well have poor taste, i'll get pics up soon of how they look if i ever get them on, or if anyone wants to see, thanks for the help guys
Old 08-04-2004, 08:00 PM

c43
ok break is on and i got the screw on the gas on the left off, the other however won't give me clearance from something to remove it, and on the latch above, i felt around more, and i think its one of those doo dads where you have to put to parts together then slide out, if this is wrong let me know, i'll be trying to find a small clmap soon to fit that in and remove that, overall things are looking up, well except for my left index finger which really really hurt

* updated both bottom screws are off yet i still can't get the top latch or whatever it is off

** updated I gave up trying to take that latch out and I was able to just slide the cover in with the pedal stil hooked on, over nice job, looks sporty, and I'm happy. Good idea for those who thought of changing them, kudos to you

Last edited by Ashkan's C43; 08-04-2004 at 09:10 PM.