C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

1998 C230 immobilizer DAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 04:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C320 wagon, 2000 E320 4matic wagon
1998 C230 immobilizer DAS

Ok so I sold my 1998 E320 and bought a 1998 C230. This car is in immaculate condition for its age. Stunning.
Well the problem is it wants to fire up but doesn’t stay on but for 1 second and that’s not every time. Most of the time it cranks and cranks. Scanned the car and code p1570 is the only one that won’t clear. I checked all the fuses and relays as well as cleaned up any gunk on the harnesses. All good. I also bought a new battery because last night someone stole the battery out the trunk right in front of my house. I’ve tried to clear the code but it keeps coming back. I had a guy come out to make a new key ($450) but when he disconnected the ignition and opened it up he noticed that someone drilled a hole into the ignition. I’m guessing the previous owner read something on google and tried it. I’m leaning towards replacing the immobilizer But now thinking I need a new ignition switch. Also the drivers door doesn’t open with one pull. It’s like it gets stuck and you have to pull again. Could this be part of the security failure making the car think someone is trying to steal it?

I’ve looked under the passenger foot well as well as behind the instrument cluster for the black immobilizer box. This leads me to believe that it’s in the ECU itself.

ive read about all these people who have bypassed it and their cars start and I’ve tried all of them but nothing works or they are just lying to us about their car working. It’s unbelieveable that nothing nothing nothing works to start the car. Have you ever felt like shooting the car and then yourself? That’s what I’m feeling like. I don’t want to sell the car for $100 to the junk yard but at the same time spending $1000 at the dealership is the most stupidest thing anyone would ever do.

Yall I seriously need some help to get this car going. I am at my wits end and am completely tapped for money with it. If you’ve ever felt desperation you know what I’m feeling. So please can someone help me to figure out what’s going on.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,039 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Well Biff you are correct you gota cream puff. I hope someone steals the car and you can claim a loss
Old 11-29-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Plutoe
Well Biff you are correct you gota cream puff. I hope someone steals the car and you can claim a loss
thats all you got? No actual help? Hope someone steals it? How could they if they can’t even drive it?

cmon I know you got more than just that. I see everyone as multiple responses except mine. Did I do something to make no one want to respond or are y’all just jerks like that? This is absolutely ridiculous how no one here is smart enough to help with this car. Not a single person. Wow.

thanks a lot MBWORLD.org. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:20 PM

Well I fixed it

Well I thought I’d post my conclusions here since I never see anyone else doing so and I hate to read every post to find out the problem isn’t solved or is solved and the OP never reposts back.

so here goes,
the way I solved it was replacing the key, ECU AND ignition from a donor car. Fired right up and hasn’t quit since.
The following users liked this post:
HARE70 (10-25-2022)