C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Smoke coming from my dashboard-suggestion please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 coupe
Smoke coming from my dashboard-suggestion please?

Hi!

I have a 2014 C250 and haven’t had any real issues with the car. Yesterday, I was on my way home and smelled something burning (my ac was on). It was a small faint smell but strong. I turned the ac off and let down the windows as I continued to drive. I then saw light smoke coming from the dashboard ( there’s little ventilation holes where the dash meets the windshield where the parktronic indicator sits) I pulled over to pop the hood. There was no smell coming from there and it was clean. No lights were on inside the car or illuminated on the dash. The radio was on so I turned it off as I heard little popping sounds as if the speaker was going out( the speaker has sounded like that for some time now and it has static in one in the back rear area). I googled to see if anyone has experienced something similar and the person who did realized it was a stereo issue caused by a blown fuse. I’ve been calling the local dealership this morning and am unable to get through. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? The car rides perfectly fine, it’s service is up to date, no lights on the dash are lit. I turned the radio off for now but wanted to ask if this could be something as simple as a fuse. (which is likely as about 2 weeks ago, the driver seat wouldn’t slide back nor the headrest readjust. I left it as is and the next day, it worked as if nothing had happened. It sounds like it could be a short or fuses blown/blowing) If anyone could share advice, I’d really appreciate it. I won’t drive it until I can get some kind of feedback although it seems to be a simple fix or at least I hope so. Thanks ! (I’m adding a picture to show where the smoke was coming from, it’s by #5)

the smoke was coming from the vents near number 5