C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

My back light (in interior) flashes weirdly now.. help ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My back light (in interior) flashes weirdly now.. help ?

Hey guys.

Note that right now I have that thing on where when you open the door the lights go on for a few seconds, then turn off.

So I was parked, car off.

I opened the hood and looked around, turned the car on, closed the hood. Revved till 3-4k RPM (in park). Then I went about my driving (reversed out, put in drive, drove). And this whole time the back light is going crazy (it started when I was reversing out. It seemed like it would turn off if I stopped but then it went crazy again?). It doesn't just flash, it like stays off for a few seconds, then goes on a flickers, flashes, just random stuff. So I turn the back light on and off (while driving) and it just stays off. So I was like WTF but I thought it passed. THen my passenger gets out, and it does it's crazy **** again. And it's still doing it now. I can turn it off and everything, but when I turn it on, or when I open the doors and it turns on, it gets really weird like that.

Any ideas ? I'm very confused.

TIA

Last edited by BlitzSix; 11-21-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
I'd start by checking all door contact switches (be sure they're seated) and
then move to the light to see it there's a bad or contact that's not tight.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy ****, this is realy ****ed up now. I went to my car today, unlocked it, didn't see any strange flickering, soi t hoguth it was fixed. I didn't pay attention to see if it's on or off. Then I went to eat and came home, and then I was like locking the car, and it wasn't flashing, so I was like WTF. Then I realized that the 2 back doors were locked, and the front ones were unlocked. I tried to turn on back light, but it won't come on now. And I can't lock the car . I locked everything manually except the drivers door. I can't lock that manually. So I'm ****ed. (Note that the remote still works as the car flashes when I press unlock). Any ideas ?