C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

You have got to be kidding me...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
There should be no such thing as "good will" warranty repairs. MB's used to be cars that drove for decades without major repairs. If it breaks and you didn't abuse the car, they should be paying for anything thats a serious repair even after the warranty is up.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
taylor192

$300 hook up fee? My dealer charges a $25 fee for changing/investigating any computer codes.

I'd suggest not changing cars/brands, change service managers. My service manager is awesome. Things have been fixed past the warranty period, everything is usually explained to my satisfaction, and even computer printouts given when I request them.

I actually bought from the dealership accross town cause the nearby dealership was a PITA to deal with. Lesson learned.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Coupe
[QUOTE=JDM]
Originally Posted by HumblePie
My car isn't even 45 days out of warranty (with 4k since last A service) and guess what...
away...

..Dealership service managers have the ability to make repairs under "goodwill" warranty claims. He makes the decision based on service history, whether or not you bought the car from that dealer, if you have come in regularly, and if he wants to be a nice guy. he holds the key. 45 days out is very reasonable to be considered for "goodwill". Heck, even GM managers can goodwill up to 5yrs, 50k without calling a rep. Chrysler on the other hand has been notorius for customer brutality (I am a service advisor), and now that mercedes is in bed with them, I'm seeing some concerning signs....mercedes tech doesnt, or cannot assist, just like chrysler.hmmm, same call center? phone scripts? like talking to visa?..
Chrysler good-willed rotor replacements on my TC with 16K miles. Remember, these wear items are only covered for 12K miles. Chrysler also authorized warranty repair services at a local Mitsubishi dealer if needed (none was needed) and sent me the service manuals for my Plymouth while I was overseas. They good-willed service on my Plymouth I returned from an overseas assignment. I will continue to buy Dialmer-Chrysler products.

Last edited by TNblkc230wz; 04-05-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
[QUOTE=TNblkc230wz]
Originally Posted by JDM

Chrysler good-willed rotor replacements on my TC with 16K miles. Remember, these wear items are only covered for 12K miles. Chrysler also authorized warranty repair services at a local Mitsubishi dealer if needed (none was needed) and sent me the service manuals for my Plymouth while I was overseas. They good-willed service on my Plymouth I returned from an overseas assignment. I will continue to buy Dialmer-Chrysler products.
I am not sure if you are refering to chrysler corporate, or to your service manager. The manager would be my guess, and it sounds like he has taken extremely good care of you. That's what I mean when I say the manager typically makes the difference. However, my experience has consisted of fighting to get items covered, that should be covered, and having to deal with very unhappy people. I am aware of wear items, but the jeep g. cherokee, for instance, had a horrible problem with rotors warping every 5-10k. Not because of improper use, but because of faulty parts. They came up with various fixes, and to their credit, they tried. But nothing worked, and chrysler gave up, and took the stance that if the repairs had been made, that was it. Alot of these were 38K $ 10-20k mile vehicles that had been in 5 times, and still had warped rotors. We were told that if we continued to fix them, we'd have to pay for it, or the customer. And consider the transmission saga. Many people loose transmissions repeatedly in the minivans, this has been happening for years. Instead of a service at 60K, its replacement for perhaps the second time. No goodwill there. they do, however, make some very cool machines, and things could very well be different from zone to zone, rep to rep.