C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

KW Variant 2 install complete

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KW Variant 2 install complete

I love these things but they are making me crazy at the same time. The H&R coilovers had very minimal travel, and even though it wasn't the greatest handling configuration, it was predictable and consistant.

The KWs have a LOT more suspension travel. The adjustability is great though. 1.5 turns open for a very smooth highway ride, close them to .5 or .25 turns open and you have a extremely responsive ride.

I am very pleased. I think I am going to look into stiffer spring rates however. For coupe owners with the H&R coilovers, the KWs also have almost .25" more clearance between the strut and the tire. I am a full .5" lower front and rear and nearly perfectly balanced.

I cannot wait to track with these bad boys

The bad news. I have new concerns about the camber/caster plates we were planning to build. I will go into further detail after I've discussed it further with Jeff.

As usual, pics to follow.
Tom
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVE
Originally Posted by nukblazi
I love these things but they are making me crazy at the same time. The H&R coilovers had very minimal travel, and even though it wasn't the greatest handling configuration, it was predictable and consistant.

The KWs have a LOT more suspension travel. The adjustability is great though. 1.5 turns open for a very smooth highway ride, close them to .5 or .25 turns open and you have a extremely responsive ride.

I am very pleased. I think I am going to look into stiffer spring rates however. For coupe owners with the H&R coilovers, the KWs also have almost .25" more clearance between the strut and the tire. I am a full .5" lower front and rear and nearly perfectly balanced.

I cannot wait to track with these bad boys

The bad news. I have new concerns about the camber/caster plates we were planning to build. I will go into further detail after I've discussed it further with Jeff.

As usual, pics to follow.
Tom
Well there you go Tom! . Pictures are expected of course . Eager to see how they do on the track.

flip
Old 04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mig888
Well there you go Tom! . Pictures are expected of course . Eager to see how they do on the track.

flip
I've got the pics but I am being lazy... I don't feel like resizing them. I need to build a website, and I need to carry up my SSRs to put on tomorrow. I am going to miss my black wheels. I am thinking about getting the ssr center's powder coated black. SSR's and Jeff's sway endlinks go on tomorrow.

I've been driving around and now that I know there is no noise from the CO install, and everything is torqued right, I can do the endlink install and get a alignment. Good times, more money... The e30 is ready to get started now too... coupe's going to see a lot of track duty, but likely no more mods less mbphreak's CF hood, powerchip, and camber plates if doable.

Tom
Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Guest0001

Nice! Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yes, you should get the centers powdercoated! If you need someone, the guy in NJ who did my stuff is great.

Their website says that they may need spacers - I'm still on C7s with 20mm spacers in the rear - any reason to think that they may have clearance issues? My guess would be no.

Damn, get those pics up, would ya?

May have to get them myself, from a certain member on another site...

Speaking of that other site, get it running already, would ya?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Black C230K
Congards man!