C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beverly Hills = Benz Heaven

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by SteveAustin
Come on, this the most plastic place in the world, of course LA is teaming with MBs.

Check out the June 2005 edition of Motor Trend, page 44...."How can so many Angelenos afford to drive such amazing cars and eat."
I think it goes beyond MB's when it comes to LA. It's cars in general. I'm not sure of too many places in the United States where you could drive around L.A. and see as many "different" types of vehicles on the road. It's also the same reason that MANY of the "performance tuning" shops are based in L.A. (as well as Cali in general) area.

In fact, MB's don't claim as much "status" when it comes to L.A. anymore. If you've got a Rolls, or Ferrari or Bentley, at that point, the "status" or "plastic" as you call it, becomes more prominent.

I was born and raised here and although I have to admit that there are MANY people in this city that are "plastic", there are also MANY others that are not. Besides, if people choose to have a nice car over a nice place or good food, what does it matter what other people think? That's their choice and nobody can really hate them for doing that. If people do, what reason do they really have to get mad? Jealousy? Envy? Stereotyping?

There are a lot of other things that contribute to L.A.'s reputation just as much as the cars. You can extend that to restaurants, clubs, bars...in other words, the "in places". Those things are just as responsible.

Another thing to consider is that L.A. is HUGE (area-wise) and if you don't have a car in L.A., it's like not having public transportation in New York. It would just make life in L.A. more difficult...so for the people that have the money to buy expensive a$$ vehicles because they hold some sort of "status" in society or have a "need" to want status in society...so be it. No need to hate on L.A. in general.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by drexappeal
I think it goes beyond MB's when it comes to LA. It's cars in general. I'm not sure of too many places in the United States where you could drive around L.A. and see as many "different" types of vehicles on the road. It's also the same reason that MANY of the "performance tuning" shops are based in L.A. (as well as Cali in general) area.
NYC, FFLD county Connecticut, Jersey. Boston. Philly but not as much.
In fact, MB's don't claim as much "status" when it comes to L.A. anymore. If you've got a Rolls, or Ferrari or Bentley, at that point, the "status" or "plastic" as you call it, becomes more prominent.

I was born and raised here and although I have to admit that there are MANY people in this city that are "plastic", there are also MANY others that are not. Besides, if people choose to have a nice car over a nice place or good food, what does it matter what other people think? That's their choice and nobody can really hate them for doing that. If people do, what reason do they really have to get mad? Jealousy? Envy? Stereotyping?

There are a lot of other things that contribute to L.A.'s reputation just as much as the cars. You can extend that to restaurants, clubs, bars...in other words, the "in places". Those things are just as responsible.

Another thing to consider is that L.A. is HUGE (area-wise) and if you don't have a car in L.A., it's like not having public transportation in New York. It would just make life in L.A. more difficult...so for the people that have the money to buy expensive a$$ vehicles because they hold some sort of "status" in society or have a "need" to want status in society...so be it. No need to hate on L.A. in general.
Jealousy of other people's success
Old 04-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by ctC230K
Jealousy of other people's success
I guess so, huh?...Are there a lot of haters back east, ct230K?

ct, just to switch it a lil' bit, I gotta give props to you for considering the mods that you are on a lease (evosport pulley, specifically)! That's freakin' awesome. I'm wayy too lazy to switch stuff back and forth when it comes to performance mods (w/ exception to suspension and lights)...LOL.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
.......... Come on, this the most plastic place in the world, of course LA is teaming with MBs.......
I see you like SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS.....you tree hugger.

I work at a large movie studio. Let's just say that there is more than one Mclaren on the lot....and they are not there as "props".

Old 04-30-2005, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
Benzes are everywhere in SoCal period!! not just in Beverly Hills.
exactly

go to Asian populated areas, we love S, E, C, and ML.
not just MBs. you see all kind of luxuary cars everywhere in Asian population here. why? a main reason I would say is because to us Asians cars in the U.S. is so damn cheap!

For example, a c240 in Taiwan is listed at 2.41 million Taiwanese Dollar, which is $77000 USD. (a E55 AMG is listed at $192,000 USD) So what do you do when you see something that's 50% off?

You buy it immediatly.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:51 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
i think in reality there is just alot of money out there to be made. i know lots of people who make in a month more than what most people make in a year, and then some. it's crazy but you gotta give them props. especially the business i'm in where my clients usually reveal their annual income or show income statements. life is what you make it. i think i do pretty well for my age, but being surrounded by family, clients and co-workers w/ such high wealth helps motivate me to hopefully one day be at that level
Old 04-30-2005, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Cool

Road & Track Magazine calls Mercedes Benz cars "Newport Beach Fords." Gawd, I love my Ford!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
I thought Beverly Hills was Rolls Royce heaven. Maybe things have changed
Old 05-02-2005, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
I guess so, huh?...Are there a lot of haters back east, ct230K?
Generally in CT the haters are in lower income areas but I try to avoid those places. You have half of them admiring the car and the other half trying to key it because they are jealous.
ct, just to switch it a lil' bit, I gotta give props to you for considering the mods that you are on a lease (evosport pulley, specifically)! That's freakin' awesome. I'm wayy too lazy to switch stuff back and forth when it comes to performance mods (w/ exception to suspension and lights)...LOL.
Thanks man, i have news for everyone. Over the last two weeks I drove the hell out of this car, 800 miles in two weeks. I have decided that when the lease is up I will NOT give them the car back, it's THAT good. I think this car is perfect in every aspect. And when you take it to NYC it gets respect and turns heads. Everyone loves it but most importantly me. Stock the car's performance is amazing, it blows everything out of the water without spending 50k. After I am done doing all the mods I plan (pulley, air filter, intake, exhaust, exhaust manifold) it will be hopefully in the 220HP range and be able to do 0-60 in 6 seconds flat.
Another reason I will not be able to give it back when the lease is up is the miles i'm putting on it. I drove the car 300 miles YESTERDAY, about 12 hours of driving according to the MFD.
In the narrow streets of the city with tall buildings on each side this car sounds like a V12 exotic at 5500 RPM, stock. Wait till i upgrade it. :v
Man did I tear up the streets of Manhattan last night till 3am. I even parked the benz next to a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale track car. AMAZING CAR. Also hung out with a SLK55 and Jag XJR Supercharged and saw a Black Maybach in front of Trump Tower. What a fun night. This car pwns.

Last edited by ctC230K; 05-02-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM

Sounds awesome! Any pics of YOUR car?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
I work at a large movie studio. Let's just say that there is more than one Mclaren on the lot....and they are not there as "props".
I work in the entertainment industry also and there are so many $$$ cars on the lot that it makes me wanna work harder to get what they've got!...LOL...well, at least I still have my w203.

Did I mention how much I love this car?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by dchou
Sounds awesome! Any pics of YOUR car?
who, me?? yeah, in the city, hell yeah hold on a sec i'l upload them

pics are here
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&goto=lastpost

Last edited by ctC230K; 05-03-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
So I went to the Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land today, so many Mercedes'! Everywhere you looked, Mercedes. And a few P-Cars too. Wicked nice..
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM

It's all about leasing an image...follow these fools that drive their SL500s and you'll see them pulll up to the neighborhood McDonald's. If you can't afford to buy the car, then you shouldn't even be driving it. Come on, this the most plastic place in the world, of course LA is teaming with MBs.

Check out the June 2005 edition of Motor Trend, page 44...."How can so many Angelenos afford to drive such amazing cars and eat."
Steve Austin - we have the 6 million dollar man on this forum.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:35 AM

None
Originally Posted by dchou
I visited Beverly Hills over the past weekend. WOW! Benzes everywhere I look. There was always at least one in sight where ever I went. Not just C classes but CLKs, SLs, SLKs, Es, and Ss. What an awesome sight cause where I live, the frequency of a benz is much less.
very true....
Old 10-20-2007, 02:17 AM

Is @ Home
So if I drive to Beverly Hills in a Civic I would get noticed?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 AM

2008 Dodge Charger R/T

Very well put. As a southern California native, I know exactly what you mean.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:39 AM

None
Originally Posted by Tangerine
So if I drive to Beverly Hills in a Civic I would get noticed?
lol.. a lot of people drive civics in Beverly Hills!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:52 AM

Dad - CL550, Me C350, Sista B8 A4
Originally Posted by farbod

well one thing is they are driving THROUGH beverly hills...
all the cars you mentioned I can easily find on my street. We have 2 CL 550's bunch of S550's and S500's one C class on my street few E's etc etc its pretty crazy. I feel like the bimmers are not as common anymore actually. And I had the only audi on the block
Old 10-20-2007, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
I see too much nice cars, specially at work, cause all those VPs drive nice cars, see bentley almost everyday.

maybe i'll take my camera next time, and take pics of one of the vp's car, he dirves different car almost everyday of the week
Old 10-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

very true....
This was an interesting bump of an old thread, but hey, if the search brought up a thread topic that was similar to what you were looking for...I applaud you.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Rallye SLR and Maybachs all the time
Old 10-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Almost a Member!

'07 c230
there really are a ton of MBs here.
Yesterday alone i saw 3 sl55s, a cls55, a g55, and a clk 63.
welcome to la haha.
once saw 2 slrs within 15 seconds of eachother on sunset. on parked the other driving. nuts.
might as well share this too.
took this at a garage under a cpk bout a block away from where i live.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by aceer4u
there really are a ton of MBs here.
Yesterday alone i saw 3 sl55s, a cls55, a g55, and a clk 63.
welcome to la haha.
once saw 2 slrs within 15 seconds of eachother on sunset. on parked the other driving. nuts.
might as well share this too.
took this at a garage under a cpk bout a block away from where i live.
Is that how ya'll park out there? Good god....
Old 10-20-2007, 05:23 PM

Is @ Home
How about a Geo Metro, I don't think anyone seems to have those. Its settled. Road trip to Cali in a Geo Metro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills = Benz Heaven