C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Help..plase give input (long story)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Need Help..plase give input (long story)

I need your helps here. I have been a member for this forum for almost 2 years and I feel I got a lot of info here. I know this is about ML but I post here cos there are more traffic here. Now, this is the case:

I have a 2002 ML320 that I bought on Aug 2002. It has 15xxxmiles on the clock. So far it had only 1 service A which was done in May 2004. Here is the bad part, a couple months after service A was done, I noticed on the battery area become rusty. I am sure that it was caused by the battery fluid was overfilled (that is also the reason I read on the job reports when it was brought to fix on Aug 2004). At that time (Aug 2004) the car was brought in to fix the rusty by my brother cos I was out of country. When the car was picked up my bro didnt check the car cos he's not into car like me.

Then a couple months ago ( March 05) I opened the hood just to clean the engine part, I noticed that the rust become worse. I brought the car for the second time ( April 05) to the dealer and complained about it. Until today the car is still in the shop cos last week when they said the car is ready, it turned out that they ddnt really do a good job. I still can see the mess that was from painting job and some rusty. So I left the car there again.

My problems are:
1. I think beside they fix the rusty part, the dealer need to compensate me with something. The reason is because they did a careless mistake and it should be fixed a year ago and they didnt fixed and now it becomes worse. I am sure if I wanted to sell the car one day and the buyer see the record of the car, the buyer will be not confident to buy or it will effect my price. What do you guys think?
2. If I can get compensate, where or to who should I start? On the very last complain( when I wanted to pick up the car last week), I talked with the manager already but seems like the manager didnt care much. He just want to fix it and not even want to discuss with me. I dont know why he did this to me.
3. If there is any other idea, could you please tell me what should I do?

I know my post is long but I really need your help guys. Thanks a lot for your help in advance. I probably will pick up the car on Wed (tomorrow) or Thurs.

Regards,

KZ
Old 05-03-2005, 10:49 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Call 1 800 mercedes and place a formal complaint about the dealer and tell them your story. the problem is what do you want to get compensated for. DId they charge you extra for fixing it or you are just talking about the inconvenience they put you through? Unless the damage is really bad by the battery fluid and you are worried about the resale value of the vehicle when you sell it, then that is a different story. I understand your concern if there is clear damage due to rus, but all they will do is tell you that they are going to fix it. The problem is how do you fix rust---- paint it. how do you put a monetary value on the rust area--- I'm not sure, but your best bet would be to contact 1 800 mercedes and place a formal complaint about the sloppy job they did.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Well regardless of what happens, when you get the car back and see it is fixed, get a battery mat. It will soak up the leaking acid and keep it from corroding the battery tray again/more.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Thanks for the reply guys. I just got the car back today and it seems like everything is fiexd( finally). It took about 1 month to get every problem solved. I hope I can enjoy the car now and none of problem will exist. As of now I will not do anything since the dealer's people start to show a good attitude to me...

Thanks again