C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

? about ipod in my c class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
? about ipod in my c class

i wantred to know if anyone is using an ipod in there c class (c class' without command)? I wanted to use my ipod in my car, i was thinking about using an fm transmitter but i read on another thread that there pretty sucky. Does anyone have any suggestions for my non-command 2001 c class

Bennie
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i use iTrip at the moment... signal is sometimes good and sometimes bad...
u can get ice.link to use iPod... (costs over 400)
or wait for iCruze 4ever...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW e92 335i
use the monster icarplay.. they just came out with the updated version where you can use any radio station
Old 05-06-2005, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
Also, you can use Transpod FM modulator. Comes with a variey of setups, that's what I'm using right now. It's like $100 from Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:27 AM

c240
hey ggong5150, do you get any static or interference with the transpond FM, howz the sound quality? ANd Phattbam, how does the monster icarplay sound, howz the sound quality, and is there any static or interference?

Bennie
Old 05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW e92 335i
Originally Posted by elchinocache
Phattbam, how does the monster icarplay sound, howz the sound quality, and is there any static or interference?

Bennie
The Monster Icarplay that I have/use is the original version.. it's limited to only 8 preset radio stations. I've used it on long trips from NorCal -> SoCal and on the roads where there's just low end frequency stations it sometimes has interference but for the most part in the city areas I get great sound quality... However I did get a line-in/line-out cable from a fellow member (thanks Blake P) and that's what I use in my car now...I would highly recommend buying the Monster Icarplay 2nd version from a place that would allow you to return it just in case..
Old 05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by phattbam
use the monster icarplay.. they just came out with the updated version where you can use any radio station
i had the new version, but returned it before the due date. yes, it's true that you can use any radio station and the set it to be the same on the monster icarplay. however, it really depends where you travel. i got frustrated when static occured or it would switch for a few seconds to the radio station and then back to the ipod music. i found myself occasionally changing to my other presets. i might try to install the aux cable like others members on here. i just have to have the guts to pull the side door sills, a-pillars etc.
there's also the claimed MB ipod integration kit, but don't know how much that's going to cost for the dealer to install.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW e92 335i
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
i had the new version, but returned it before the due date. yes, it's true that you can use any radio station and the set it to be the same on the monster icarplay. however, it really depends where you travel. i got frustrated when static occured or it would switch for a few seconds to the radio station and then back to the ipod music. i found myself occasionally changing to my other presets. i might try to install the aux cable like others members on here. i just have to have the guts to pull the side door sills, a-pillars etc.
there's also the claimed MB ipod integration kit, but don't know how much that's going to cost for the dealer to install.
do the integration. I'd love to see it on an actual car.. you're in the bay area as well.. have you seen the post on the bay area gtg??

check under events..
Old 05-06-2005, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by phattbam
do the integration. I'd love to see it on an actual car.. you're in the bay area as well.. have you seen the post on the bay area gtg??

check under events..
Regarding the integration, I'll wait until others install it. Since it's a new product, I want to see if there will be any glitches. i heard that you'll be able to see the name of the song on the dash display. not sure if this integration is going to be a simple plug and play for the dealers. i asked my dealership during my 1K diognostics and 3 sales advisors didn't know anything about it. one guy pulled the itrip out of his desk and said, "oh you mean this one!"

Thanks for the heads up on the bay area gtg. i actually have something going on that day. I'll reply on the post.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:00 PM

Why not wait till MB releases the Ipod hardware? You can control your ipod with your steering wheel?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I've tried the iRock, iTrip, iCarPlay (original) and TranspodFM. The Transpod is by far the best of these. The signal is stronger, bass is full and FM noise low. Another great feature is that I can move it to any of my cars without modifying anything.
I was going to go for the iceLink, but that's a little cost prohibitive, and I don't want to lose the CD changer for it's convenience. I got in touch with Monster as soon as they announced the iCruze, but they still (to date) don't have a D2B or MOST interface for their iCruze.
(anyone wanna buy a slightly used iRock, iTrip or iCarPlay for gen4 iPod?)
Old 05-06-2005, 10:35 PM

c240
i have a 2001 cclass i dont think that the integration will work on my car, i think the integration is only for the 2005+
Old 05-17-2005, 04:32 AM

c320 (w203)
have any one tried the podfreq ? Comparing it with transpod, which one will you choose ? By the way, am i able to use fm transmitter in other countries ?

Charles
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM

c240
i bought the ipod airplay from extreme mac and its does its job but there is a little static and noise at times. The funny thing is that it works perfect on my home steroe but sounds a bit distorted in my car. On a meter from 1-10, 10 being the highest, i give the airplay a 7
Old 05-17-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C350 Coupe
ipod and 2004 and older c class

you need the integration system by denson called icelink. I've been thinking about it for some time now. it will allow you to control the ipod with the steering wheel controls.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
why not just buy the aux cable? FM transmitters are HORRIBLE, always get lots of static and bad quality music. I don't think they are going to release the MB iPod kit for the 2001 C-Class...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ctC230K
why not just buy the aux cable? FM transmitters are HORRIBLE, always get lots of static and bad quality music. I don't think they are going to release the MB iPod kit for the 2001 C-Class...
Can't just get an aux cable but you can make one of you own for free (or near free). Go to the How To section of my website and look for "adding AUX to cassette radio".
Old 05-17-2005, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
oh well if you have a cassette player you can just get the adapter for that, it's not the best but atleast the sound is decent.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:18 PM

c240
the problem with the cassete adapter is that i have to have the face plate of my stereo open and if i have the face plate open for a certain period of time i get loud beeps that go away only after closing the face plate
Old 05-17-2005, 06:22 PM

c240
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Can't just get an aux cable but you can make one of you own for free (or near free). Go to the How To section of my website and look for "adding AUX to cassette radio".
I tried a couple of times to get to your website but it says page cannot be found. Is it down for maintenece or something?
Old 05-18-2005, 12:00 AM

I tried a couple of times to get to your website but it says page cannot be found. Is it down for maintenece or something?
http://www.buellwinkle.com/
Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 PM

2002 c230 kompressor coupe
transpod placement

"Another great feature is that I can move it to any of my cars without modifying anything" from Rick - i dunno how to quote so i copied&pasted.

hey rick, i just got the dlo transpod too. i decided not to use the extension part, cuz sometimes on curves, my passenger door stereo functioned improperly (im assuming its cuz of lose lighter connection to the transpod). anyways, where did u place your transpod? did u mount it by the dash? pics would help. FYI i drive a 2002 c230k coupe. thanks

btw, for all who are interested in purchasing a fm transmitter - dlo transpods are awesome in sound quality. i have tried monster but it sucked (too much fm noise)
also, get the newer version (this is the one that stores are selling now but on ebay or something they may sell the old one) cuz of various reasons. check out here for more info http://ipodlounge.com/index.php/revi...or-ipods-ipod/

sean

Last edited by benz_ahoy!; 06-24-2005 at 11:08 PM. Reason: quote didnt show up
Old 06-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C350 Coupe
the cassette adapter

A while back I thought about the icelink, but decided not to get it. It just costs too much.

I've been using a cassette adapter since last summer and have had no problems. Yes, you can close the cassette door with the wire. It's a tight fit but there is enough room around the door. if you treat the door gingerly you'll be fine.

the only problems with this setup is that you have to stop driving, or wait till a red light to change songs via the menu as you have to look completely away from the road. I find though that I can jump next and previous without trouble. Also, there is no way to charge the battery while driving. That means that every so often I have to take the iPod out of my car to charge it.

I hope this helps. I've been a satisfied ipod integrated user since February. Before that I used a pertable cd player.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 AM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
the problem with the cassete adapter is that i have to have the face plate of my stereo open and if i have the face plate open for a certain period of time i get loud beeps that go away only after closing the face plate
With care you can close the face plate provided the cable is not too thick. I used to do this with my sat radio and my 2001 sports coupe all the time.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:51 PM

04 C230K-ss
Well I had the iTrip..A WASTE OF $40+...but thanks anyways for my brother for getting me that. I recently got the cassette player for my '04 and oh man it sounds perfect. There is a cord, but just pop the ipod in the cup holder and your set. Sure no way to do hands free with the command but it sounds perfect and only cost $23 out the door. And I still get to keep my stock HU so my steering wheel buttons still function. Thats honestly what I recommend the most out of all the wireless crap my friends and myself have tried in the past. Get the tape player unit!

Last edited by TheBossman; 06-28-2005 at 04:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ? about ipod in my c class