C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Removing dash trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 07:45 PM
QC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe
Removing dash trim

Can someone tell me how to remove the dash trim around the HU?? I want to check something around the HU I got installed a couple days ago, theres a lot of static & engine noise comming out of my Mp3 player going into the Rear Aux Input of the HU.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's instructions abound on the forum so search for more detail. I'll give you the overall process.

Open your ashtray half way and you can see 2 spring clips hinged on the underside of the panel. Use a thin screwdriver and snap those down that will release the bottom half. The top is a little trickier. Use the thin screwdriver to press on the upper small tab on the left side of each airvent to allow them to rotate all the way up and this creates a 1/2" gap on the bottom. Then using a Torx #20 screwdriver remove the screw inside the vent. Keep the vent closed to prevent losing the screws. Then press on the down tab to lower the vents beyond their limits to expose a 1/2" gap on top. Stick the thin screwdriver in slots in the top of the vent and pry down while tugging on the airvent. The airvent should wiggle out and the panel will be free. I have pictures on my Audio 10 Update post and I won't post them again so search!