C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rear shelf speaker?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
EKY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Acura RL - Aspec rims/spoiler, JDM grille
Rear shelf speaker?

After my car recieved the firmware upgrade, my sound system seems very weak compared to before. I checked all the speakers and couldn't feel anything coming out of the rear shelf speaker (right side/pass side). I took it back to have a few things done in addition the speaker problem... here is what they said...

"C/S right rear speaker inop, no sound. Check and found all speakers working ok. Right rear speaker is on R/R door and is working fine. Rear hatshelf only has one speaker on the left side which is a bass sub speaker, no speaker on right side in hatshelf. No faults found"

My service advisor even told me on the phone that there is no speaker under there. Is this true?

Also to add, they found a leak at the transmission electrical connector and had to replace a few things and fill up my fluid. They also replaced a glove box light module. Prior to this, my headlamp was replaced because it was flickering, and my light switch replaced because it didn't light up. Also my trunk release button was replaced along with the firmware upgrade to the stereo. I love my car to death, but my friends are calling it a piece of crap after only 9 months. I wish the quality was better on this car. But don't get me wrong.. I still love the car.