C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pics of my HU install. As promised.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005 | 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Pics of my HU install. As promised.

Well here are the pics of my install. THanks to everyone for the help, and thanks especially to johncl who was patient enough to work through it with me.
THe top Din contains a Premier deh-p960mp. Underneath it is a DEQ-7600.
I still have a 6 disc changer and auxillary input to install. Gonna see if I can install the aux input in place of one of the dead buttons on dash. But all that's for another day .
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my HU install. As promised.-deh1.jpg   Pics of my HU install. As promised.-deh2.jpg   Pics of my HU install. As promised.-deh3.jpg   Pics of my HU install. As promised.-deh4.jpg   Pics of my HU install. As promised.-deh5.jpg  

Old 06-12-2005 | 01:25 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
looks good...
did u get amp and speakers as well?
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:36 AM

2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
Looks nice
I love Premier
Old 06-12-2005 | 05:44 AM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
How about some daytime shots, please?
Old 06-12-2005 | 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
It was a tough decision. I was originally going to get the eclipse cd8455 ... 8volt outputs. But I would have had to have them install it..... because last time i got an Eclipse, the HU was crap and they had to replace it, so no way i was going without a warranty. So I started looking around and saw this had 6.5volt PO's and figured that's good enough for me, especially since the tacky OEL screen was hidden. Sorry guys.... I am not "pimp" enough to care about having tv's in my car. SQ is more important rather than the bling to me.

Yes I bought an amp for the speakers but haven't decided on splits yet. I want to put in 6.5 splits in front. and 5.25 splits in rear doors.
I am going to try to do it over Thanksgiving because that's only time I will have more than 1 day off. I had to do this install @ nights with an LED flashlight..... what a PITA that was. My garage is full so it wasn't a piece of cake like when I added my subs.

Daytime shots? ok.....I thought the one without flash was good enough.... but sure. I will try to take some day shots tommorow afternoon.
Old 06-12-2005 | 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200K (w204)
Forget about the rear speaker if u want SQ setup, concentrate on front speaker. What amp have u bought?? The new alpine SPX splits ain't bad at all, it already incorporated ring radiator for their tweeter. Nice HU, btw, much cleaner compare to the expose OLED one hehehe.
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

looks good man
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
my cell mute package came... but i doubt I will be able to to install it. Barely any room left. Curious... the vent on top of dash under window..... isn't that where they put a speaker in bose package? Wondering if I can utilize that space to fit the rest of the stuff.
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Looks great man, nice job. The AUX jack in one of the dead buttons would be awesome. I actually thought of the same thing for a remote sensor eye for a DVD remote. Again, nice work.
Old 06-13-2005 | 11:59 AM

2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Electromethod, I have the same pioneer deq-7600. I have had it for about 6-7 years and during that time I have had it installed in a few cars. Needless to say, during that time I have lost the installation instructions and have been thinking about installing it in my c class. I have a couple of questions for you: doesn't that unit need a small amp and how hard was it to install? I have a 2001 with the factory 6 disc cd changer with tape deck, and the voice command option, will these be affected by the installation of the DEQ-7600?
Old 06-13-2005 | 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
C240-Merc: I don't see how it would be useful to install one on your stock setup. The DEQ has an RCA input and 3 RCA outputs..... no direct output for speakers. If you wanted to use a line converter and get input from that, then power all speakers via amps I guess it could be done. Not really worth it IMHO. Better off changing HU as well.
I only have my subs controlled by the DEQ right now. Next step for me is to replace the stock speakers and install the new amp for them. If you end up putting an aftermarket system in then check out Audiocontrol.... been around a long time. I don't know what their new line looks like but they had a 4xs that was a great active crossover years ago. Just replacing the HU and installing a good active crossover for the amps would make people happy, but salesmen like to sell "toys" that people don't need or can't use . Just my .02. Either way, send me a pm if you want me to dig up my manual and scan it in for you. Be glad to help

johncl: Ya know.... I was thinking the same thing about the dead buttons but there is hardly any space left behind the dash. I ended up having to push everything underneath the DINS and behind ashtray just for this install. I was thinking about maybe mounting it through the grille that sits on dash. Just having the aux input pop out of it. man oh man would I love to hook up my MP3 player and MD player . Last month, I was tempted to wait and order a carrozzeria (japanese version of pioneer) HU because they come with indash MD. I would just have to figure out what kind of mounting device on dash for MP3 and MD player. And once again, thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2005 | 12:57 PM

another audio subject, sub and amp

Hello there other audio subject,

I have the standard radio with the sub in the back sounds resanable but the back is a bit low, I would like to turn up the amp connected to the sub, does anybody know if the amp can be turned up? othewise i'm probebly going to replace it for a more powerfull amp and keep the standard sub, has anybody done this and if so what's the result?
Further I can't find the amp, I did find several Handy (phone) stuf, can anybody point out where to look for the amp? modelyear 10-2003
Old 06-26-2005 | 05:53 PM

cl203 Sports Coupe
the amp is on the right back side right next to the back passenger seat i have a coupe and thats where it is when i took it apart to install my Kenwood Navi. Pop out the side panel by the right side rear passenger seat and thats where it is. Hopefully its the same for the sedan if not..sorry heh
Old 06-26-2005 | 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
do you have standard or the upgraded BOSE?
Old 06-27-2005 | 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by electromethod
do you have standard or the upgraded BOSE?
I'm not sure what brand audio system I have, I have a C180 sedan Kompressor 10-10-2003 with a standard MB Radio CD player, 1 sub in the shelf.

I read somewhere on this forem that the amp should be somewhere on the rightside wheelwell in trunk...behind the panelling, I'm just not sure if this means the horizontal pannel which I removed, on the enclosed picture where I found only Phono atributes, or if it means behind the vertical panels, i don't think there is a lot of space there.

I'd like to have more bass fill from the sub, do you know if these standard amp's are varible or do I need to replace it?

Thank you for your reaction so far,
regards Guido & Nancy
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my HU install. As promised.-p1010806-trunk.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005 | 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
If you have non bose then I belive that you don't have an amp. THe factory sub sits in the rear deck in a free air setting so it's not like it's going to give you the bass you desire. Doubt it could handle more wattage either. Do what i did when i first bought my car...... disconnect the rear sub, throw an amp/sub(s) in your trunk. It should only take you a couple of hours at most to wrap it up .
Old 06-28-2005 | 03:27 AM

thanks electromethod,

For your quick responce, Nice instalation b.t.w.!!!

I think you are right if I don't have the bose system, I'm sure that if it was a extra I don't have it in my car. But if it is just depending on the B.Y. it could be bose.

I don't have enough space in the trunk as it is so a Sub in a box is no option for me. I may just try to ad a small amp to the existing sub but tan I need to be sure I don't have one already installed it would make no sence if I'd have 2 amps in serie.

So if anybody knows more info like where I can cut into the wires of the sub and wich colour the wires are. or if anybody knows for sure if a c180 kompressor BY 10-10-2003 has a amp installed please let me know on this forrem.

b.t.w. If my car has no amp I can't imagine how they would wire it, the sub would have to have 2 identical coils
Or you don't get any base with the balance to 1 side, I have checked this but if I set my balance completly to the right or left the sub always works. So if there are MB with a sub but without a amp, I'm currius to know how this works....

Regards Guido & Nancy
Old 06-28-2005 | 03:36 AM

Sorry, just realised something else,

If I don't have a standard installed Amp yet, I don't have a switched power to turn the power for the amp on / of allong with the radio.
Or does the standard wirering have such a wire prepaired somewhere and if so where do I find the wire and what collour?

Thanks for your help in advance
regards Guido & Nancy
Old 06-28-2005 | 07:00 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
G & N

Not to flame you but a lot of these questions you are asking have already been answered on the forum: How to ID BOSE, where to locate existing amps, wiring, remote power turn on, etc. Using the search feature above might get you faster answers than repeatedly waiting on a post answer.
Old 06-28-2005 | 07:59 AM

Thanks Amdeutsch,

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
G & N

Not to flame you but a lot of these questions you are asking have already been answered on the forum: How to ID BOSE, where to locate existing amps, wiring, remote power turn on, etc. Using the search feature above might get you faster answers than repeatedly waiting on a post answer.
Thanks Amdeutsch,

I have already searched this forem using the search methode and just reading all, I haven't found the answer to my questens yet thats why I asked them, if you are a better searcher than me, and you have time for it, please find the answers to my questions.

C180 kompressor BY 10-10-2003 (I think I don't have Bose)

- does it have a AMP for the sub in the shelf?
- If not are there standard wires availible in the trunk to activate power in a AMP, if so what collour is it
- what are the coullours of the sub wires
- did anybody use a amp on the standard sub and with what result
Old 07-02-2005 | 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by c230kracer
the amp is on the right back side right next to the back passenger seat i have a coupe and thats where it is when i took it apart to install my Kenwood Navi. Pop out the side panel by the right side rear passenger seat and thats where it is. Hopefully its the same for the sedan if not..sorry heh
Hello C230kracer,

Thanks for your reply, what system do you have, I believe there are 2 systems; Harman Kardon and Bose, If you have bose, I read somewhere on this site the speakers in the back have it written on it. Mine don't so it's probebly HK. I also understand that Bose has a Amp for sure, and for HK it's not sure if there even is a Amp, can you tell me what system you have, then we know for sure that system has a Amp.

For everybody else,

If you have a system that is not from bose and you know for sure if you have a Amp or not, please post a reply on this forum

thankx
Old 07-02-2005 | 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
i think the newer model years have HK systems instead of BOSE. If memory serves me right I remember people saying it was speakers made by alpine....
Quite frankly I don't see how you plan on amplifying the factory woofer... I am quite doubtful that mercedes put a sub that could handle excess wattage.... plus it's a free air application.... not exactly going to be impressive. Check out self amplified enclosures.... and save yourself the headache Route the power line through firewall down passenger side and tap into speaker line inputs on drivers side. Piece of cake in these cars believe it or not... best of luck.
Old 07-02-2005 | 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by electromethod
i think the newer model years have HK systems instead of BOSE. If memory serves me right I remember people saying it was speakers made by alpine....
Quite frankly I don't see how you plan on amplifying the factory woofer... I am quite doubtful that mercedes put a sub that could handle excess wattage.... plus it's a free air application.... not exactly going to be impressive. Check out self amplified enclosures.... and save yourself the headache Route the power line through firewall down passenger side and tap into speaker line inputs on drivers side. Piece of cake in these cars believe it or not... best of luck.

Hello electromethod,

I understand, what you mean when you say" Quite frankly I don't see how you plan on amplifying the factory woofer"
But what I aim to do is get a BIT more base fill. I think the factory woofer is able to give a bit more, when it's powered by a small amp.
So I'm still left with these Questions;

- does it have a AMP for the sub in the shelf?
- If not are there standard wires availible in the trunk to activate power in a AMP, if so what collour is it
- what are the coullours of the sub wires
- did anybody use a amp on the standard sub and with what result.

regards