C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Source for ITG Airfilter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 kompressor
ITG...that sounds like a rash!

Bullwinkle,
although you are getting an ITG filter... which one of the filter "types" is the one for the c230k:

pro filter
megaflow
maxogen
racing

or does this fall into the catagory or prototype?
Old 07-10-2002, 12:14 AM

C230 kompressor C2 C7
The negative on the K&N from posts I've read is that the oil from the element gets blown into the intake and has damaged the MB MAF sensor on a few cars. This problem is unique to MBs from what I've heard.

this happened to a friend of mine on his new toyota tacoma. i think he may have over oiled the filter. the directions said to apply the filter oil liberally. so he drenched it.
his check engine light came on a couple of days later. he had it checked out (with the stock filter in place) and was told it was the maf sensor. he went to another dealer to have the work done (once he wiped up all traces of the oil he could) i think he was lucky. warranty covered it. but they wouldn't have had they known there was a k&n filter. i on the other hand have never had a problem with k&n, and they are on every vehicle i own.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe

Buellwinkle - Did u get the filter yet?
No, they said 2 weeks and I haven't reached that point yet. No biggie if it takes them a little longer. It did make my car run even leaner so I may not put it on until I get chipped.

CharlieBrown - Don't know what you mean by type but ITG uses multiple layers of foam of varying densities. It is not oil soaked gauze like K&N and it's not oil soaked thin foam filters like those used on dirt bikes. Go to their website for more info http://www.itgairfilters.com/

Clint, from what I've heard on the K&N it was from people that were incorrectly oiling the filter on both sides.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I just took out my stock filter and i wanted to clean it because it was a little dirty up at the top and there was some dirt and dead flys in there. i was going to just hose it down but i was not sure if thats the right way? is it? how do i clean it?
all i need to do with the stock filter is clean it and not oil it? is that correct?
Old 07-10-2002, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
I just took out my stock filter and i wanted to clean it because it was a little dirty up at the top and there was some dirt and dead flys in there. i was going to just hose it down but i was not sure if thats the right way? is it? how do i clean it?
all i need to do with the stock filter is clean it and not oil it? is that correct?
Do not oil the stock filter.
I cleaned mine by taping it onto the ground and using a vac. You could also use a blow off hose. I also cleaned the air box using the vac.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:42 PM

C240/6 Megma Red
Anyone have pictures how to take off all the plastic cover to change air filter? I don't know where to start on my C240.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never seen a C240 with the hood up but if it's similar to the C230, there are 6 torx #20 screws that must be losened all the way until release from the box. Then using a flat screwdriver, losen the hose clamp on the end and lift it up and out.