C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

rim question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rim question

ok so this is the deal, finally got my car. looking to buy some rims soon but cant decide on the color. i have a white c class and dunno if i want white rims with chrome lip, black rims with chrome lip or gunmetal rims with the chrome/polish lip. has anyone seen white benzs on these colored rims?

which looks most decent?

also has anyone ever tried getting a CF dash kit to cover up the aluminum trim the 05s come with now stock? has anyone heard of the quality of these 3M tape on dash kits? ive never dealt with them and think they might be crappy quality.

please let me know guys
Old 06-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
You might find what you are looking for in the Picture Thread up top.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by str8clownr
ok so this is the deal, finally got my car. looking to buy some rims soon but cant decide on the color. i have a white c class and dunno if i want white rims with chrome lip, black rims with chrome lip or gunmetal rims with the chrome/polish lip. has anyone seen white benzs on these colored rims?

which looks most decent?

also has anyone ever tried getting a CF dash kit to cover up the aluminum trim the 05s come with now stock? has anyone heard of the quality of these 3M tape on dash kits? ive never dealt with them and think they might be crappy quality.

please let me know guys

White C with Full polished wheels. DPE!!
Attached Thumbnails rim question-img_1259.jpg   rim question-img_1260.jpg   rim question-img_1267.jpg  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:10 AM

2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
I would only get polished, if you want to spend all day polishing them. I had billet wheels on my truck, and they oxidize so quickly. I would defiantly stick with chrome, or at least polished with clear coat.

amdeutsch is correct, you should either find a car with wheels that you like on it, or Photoshop the wheels you are thinking of getting on your car. That’s what I did before I purchased my wheels. It is a lot of $$$ and you want to get it right the first time

My personal opinion is that you should get gunmetal or all chrome. Don't forget to post some pics when you get them.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
There are pictures posted somewhere here w/a white w203 w/white HRE's. It looked real nice but it really depends on the wheel. Also belle is right about the polish/chrome deal. If you are really dedicated to polish your wheels then go ahead and get polish but if you are like me and you dont even dare wash your own car then definitely get chrome.