C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just bought new, but now want lease a C230 Sport!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 Blk/Blk
Just bought new, but now want lease a C230 Sport!

Hey all, I'm a noob!

I have recently bought a new '05 Scion tC. Paying $300 a month w/ 5500 down. Now I would like to lease a C230 Sport Sedan, after I got a mail today from MB dealer saying $329/mth leasing a C230 Sport Sedan.

I have also put extra $4,000 on the my tC. If I'm going to sell my tC, going take the Navigation and Wheels and sell them, should get back around $3,000 for the initial down for the C230.

Should I trade mine in or any other suggestions?
Any leasing info would help!

*I'm located at Houston, TX*

Thanks so much!

Eiso
Old 06-21-2005, 02:28 PM

bike
From a Scion to a Mercedes...Hell Yea, what are you waiting for!
Hope you have a good credit background so you'll be able to lease the C230. Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:36 PM

2009 C63 Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by skahung
From a Scion to a Mercedes...Hell Yea, what are you waiting for!
Hope you have a good credit background so you'll be able to lease the C230. Good Luck!
Hack yea right?! I know! I'm just sick and tired of my tC now! Admire the C230 Sport a lot!

I'm 19, starting building my credit years, but I guess I may not have sufficient credit history. But I got 5% from Toyota when I bought my tC. So whats my estimate on leasing one? Not too good?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:40 PM

bike
Do you know your credit score? If you have a credit score of 700+, then you're all set or you can always ask your folks to co-sign.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:45 PM

2009 C63 Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by skahung
Do you know your credit score? If you have a credit score of 700+, then you're all set or you can always ask your folks to co-sign.
I remember a month ago its 680-710 somewhere around there. My parents cannot co-sign since they are not living here in the States, neither am I a citizen. The reason I ask here because I hate to go into MB dealer and salesperson would treat me like I aint balling.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 PM

bike
Originally Posted by Eiso
salesperson would treat me like I aint balling.
ROFL! You do yo thang balla
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 230 Sport Sedan, Brilliant Silver, 6 Spd, Heated Seats, Sunroof, CDC, Flat Emblem, Clear Sides,
C230 SS Lease

Eiso - Last week, I took delivery on a 2005 C230 SS. Like yourself, I also leased. My monthly payment is $420, and I put $3500 down. I was only able to negotiate 4.5% off the sticker price, due to the car having to be transported about 800 miles to my local dealership. I still think this was a fair discount though. My car: 2005 C230 SS, Brilliant Silver, heated seats, sunroof package, flat emblem.

When the manuafacturer puts together a special promotion on a car such as what you have seen on the C230, there are several charges that are not factored into the lease payment, so here are a couple of clarifying statements on the c230 lease (or most advertised lease deals for that matter).

1.) sales tax, registration fees, deposition fee etc. are generally not included in the promotional price. I live in Massachusetts, where sales tax is 5%, but that increases the monthly payment pretty quickly.

2.) the car they have advertised, generally has limited or no options. I believe the $329/ mo deal that MBUSA is running right now is based on a manual tranny, no sunroof, no heated seats, no bi-xenon, no upgraded stereo, leather inserts etc. In other words it is base (though this car even without options is hot). You will also need to keep in mind that they advertised price is either assuming 10k or 12k miles per year. I did 15k, so that adds a few bucks each month. Over mileage is $.25 per mile, so you are better off adding the additional miles up front and rolling it into your monthly payment. Length of the lease contract is also critical in driving the price up or down. Economically, I would advise either a 36 or 39 month lease. This also ensures that you should be covered under the bumper-to-bumper the entire time of the lease. On the average you can generally factor that for every $1000 in options, you add between $20 & $25 per month.

3.) check both the money factor rate (equal to annual percentage rate) and the residual value (% the higher the better on a lease) at the time you are ready to lock into the lease as these rates change month to month. Generally speaking, the older the car gets in the model year the lower the residual, but also the lower the money factor. You should have some decent rates right now due to the 2005's coming to a close. I believe that I was able to get a money factor that equated to 5.0%

4.) "A" credit score - the higher your credit score, the better deal you will get from a lender. You are much better off leasing directly through MB credit than through another bank, plus having MB on your permanent credit report will look strong to other lenders so long as you make all your payments and in timely fashon.

Just a few tip, hope they are helpful... Good luck!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
why lease? You won't own jack when you are done and it doesn't sound like you have the $$ to burn. Nothing wrong with your TC........ at least it will be YOURS when you are done paying it off.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:29 AM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by mthjoyce
Eiso - Last week, I took delivery on a 2005 C230 SS. Like yourself, I also leased. My monthly payment is $420, and I put $3500 down. I was only able to negotiate 4.5% off the sticker price, due to the car having to be transported about 800 miles to my local dealership. I still think this was a fair discount though. My car: 2005 C230 SS, Brilliant Silver, heated seats, sunroof package, flat emblem.

When the manuafacturer puts together a special promotion on a car such as what you have seen on the C230, there are several charges that are not factored into the lease payment, so here are a couple of clarifying statements on the c230 lease (or most advertised lease deals for that matter).

1.) sales tax, registration fees, deposition fee etc. are generally not included in the promotional price. I live in Massachusetts, where sales tax is 5%, but that increases the monthly payment pretty quickly.

2.) the car they have advertised, generally has limited or no options. I believe the $329/ mo deal that MBUSA is running right now is based on a manual tranny, no sunroof, no heated seats, no bi-xenon, no upgraded stereo, leather inserts etc. In other words it is base (though this car even without options is hot). You will also need to keep in mind that they advertised price is either assuming 10k or 12k miles per year. I did 15k, so that adds a few bucks each month. Over mileage is $.25 per mile, so you are better off adding the additional miles up front and rolling it into your monthly payment. Length of the lease contract is also critical in driving the price up or down. Economically, I would advise either a 36 or 39 month lease. This also ensures that you should be covered under the bumper-to-bumper the entire time of the lease. On the average you can generally factor that for every $1000 in options, you add between $20 & $25 per month.

3.) check both the money factor rate (equal to annual percentage rate) and the residual value (% the higher the better on a lease) at the time you are ready to lock into the lease as these rates change month to month. Generally speaking, the older the car gets in the model year the lower the residual, but also the lower the money factor. You should have some decent rates right now due to the 2005's coming to a close. I believe that I was able to get a money factor that equated to 5.0%

4.) "A" credit score - the higher your credit score, the better deal you will get from a lender. You are much better off leasing directly through MB credit than through another bank, plus having MB on your permanent credit report will look strong to other lenders so long as you make all your payments and in timely fashon.

WOW DUDE YOU PAY ALOT FOR A SIMILAR CAR I GOT MINE 6 months ago with your options and I pay 350/m with 3,500 down and I got 12000 miles instead of 10/yr. I also have heated seats,cdc,sunrf, and auto no xenons though.
Why so much? monthly? Just because Massachusetts tax? It took me alot of haggling I'll admit......I even signed one lease took 3 days and went to another dealer and said can you beat that and they did 500 dolllars less down. Great car non-the less just curious.

Last edited by caliboy; 06-22-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by electromethod
why lease? You won't own jack when you are done and it doesn't sound like you have the $$ to burn. Nothing wrong with your TC........ at least it will be YOURS when you are done paying it off.
it depends how long he's looking to hold onto it. I like leasing for several reasons.

1. when i bought, i'd sell a year and a half to 2 years later taking the big hit on the loss. at least with the lease, i feel locked in for the 3 years and saves me alittle money in a sense.

2. 90% tax write-off on my monthly lease payments, insurance payments, gas, and any maintenance and car care.

3. lower payment giving me alittle extra money for my investments and real estate.

4. lower interest rate and on a lease you only pay taxes on the leased amount, not the whole car. In NY at least, not sure about other states.

you can either buy the car and take (as an example) a $18k hit when you sell it 3 years later, or lease it and spend $18k on lease payments. leasing and buying usually works out the SAME in the end (depending on how long you keep the car) within about a grand or so (however leasing over buying for me is a no brainer when the tax deductions are figured in).

Last edited by mbny; 06-22-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Eiso
Hey all, I'm a noob!

I have recently bought a new '05 Scion tC. Paying $300 a month w/ 5500 down. Now I would like to lease a C230 Sport Sedan, after I got a mail today from MB dealer saying $329/mth leasing a C230 Sport Sedan.

I have also put extra $4,000 on the my tC. If I'm going to sell my tC, going take the Navigation and Wheels and sell them, should get back around $3,000 for the initial down for the C230.

Should I trade mine in or any other suggestions?
Any leasing info would help!

*I'm located at Houston, TX*

Thanks so much!

Eiso
There are a few different factors which could impact the numbers in the end. I leased my 05' C230 3 months ago (exactly 3 months from today I picked it up).

05' C230k
silver/black leather inserts
6spd manual
xenons
heated seats
sunroof package
entertainment package
15k miles per year, 39 months

$3,200 total out of pocket, $390 per month. shop around and do your homework. good luck and let us know what you decide
Old 06-22-2005, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend

exactly, good luck actually getting $329/month out the door, i think even that $349 deal is bogus, caliboy didn't buy his car he stole it from the dealership and that's how they agreed to let him pay $349 to let him keep it. i'm paying $424 but i have a lot of options and i got a 2 year service agreement on the car
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone I know got the $329 advertised deal but had to pay $10 extra per month because it was an automatic. Of course that doesn't include our 8% sales tax which brings it to $366.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM

2009 C63 Blk/Blk

Thanks so much all! Great tips from mthjoyce!

Originally Posted by electromethod
tC was my parents idea, they dont want me to show off their money. They also made me work to get some more extra money for myself which I dont need to. But its good! :p

Since I'm going/must to sell my tC in 3 yrs once I graduate and go back to my country, so why not lease then? 39 mths is perfect! PLUS, I have $1100 every month extra. But of coz I dont wanna spend all to a car, I need to do some savings too!
Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ctC230K
exactly, good luck actually getting $329/month out the door, i think even that $349 deal is bogus, caliboy didn't buy his car he stole it from the dealership and that's how they agreed to let him pay $349 to let him keep it. i'm paying $424 but i have a lot of options and i got a 2 year service agreement on the car
Old 06-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 230 Sport Sedan, Brilliant Silver, 6 Spd, Heated Seats, Sunroof, CDC, Flat Emblem, Clear Sides,
Caliboy, Thanks for sharing the details of your lease structure. Just to clarify, my car has metallic paint, 6spd mt, heated seats, cdc, and sunroof pkg for options. My payment of $420 includes all sales taxes (Mass 5%), destination/ acuisition charges etc. I also have 15k miles per year, and wheel/ tire insurance built into the payment. As previously mentioned, they also had to locate this car and transport it 800 miles. I do not think I got the best deal on earth, but I do not think it was a bad deal either.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
for deal/price comparison, here's an e-mail I just got from MB of San Diego.....

SPECIAL PREVIEW FOR YOU!
June 24, 25, and 26
MERCEDES-BENZ of SAN DIEGO
SALE

PLEASE CALL 888-205-8095, ASK FOR ROBERT NADEL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Carlos :

As a previous client who has emailed the dealership in the past, I thought you would be interested in a special preview of the sale we are having this weekend. Perhaps you, or someone you know is looking for a great deal on a new Mercedes-Benz. Combined with the annual summer sales event, increased inventory, and increased operating hours, this sale will be unlike any before. These are the LOWEST PRICES that I have ever seen. LOWER than most LA Area Dealerships!

EXAMPLES:
2005 C230 Sports Sedan, Automatic, CD Changer, Sunroof Package(VIN#F710700): MSRP of $33,570, SALES PRICE OF $30,570.00 (THAT is $1301.00 BELOW INVOICE) Lease for 349.00 plus tax with $3,220 out of pocket, 39 months, 10,000 annual miles.

2005 CLK320 Coupe, CD Changer, Sunroof Package (VIN#158185): MSRP of $48,580, SALES PRICE OF $41,580 (THAT is $3980 BELOW INVOICE) Lease for 475.00 plus tax with $2,780 out of pocket, 39 months, 10,000 annual miles.

AND MORE.....

$7000 discount on 2005 SL500
$2,000 Discount on 2006 CLS500
AMAZING $4000 discount on 2006 E350 Sedan!!!
Unbelievable $2500 discount on 2006 ML350, and even more off the ML500

EXTENDED HOURS.... 9 am to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday, and from 9 am to 7 pm Sunday.

PLEASE ASK FOR ROBERT NADEL, INTERNET SALES MANAGER. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU.

PLEASE CALL ME AT 888-205-8095 FOR AN APPOINTMENT, QUESTIONS, OR STOP ON BY AND BE READY TO SAVE!

------------------------------------

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 06-22-2005, 05:47 PM

Caliboy, Thanks for sharing the details of your lease structure. Just to clarify, my car has metallic paint, 6spd mt, heated seats, cdc, and sunroof pkg for options. My payment of $420 includes all sales taxes (Mass 5%), destination/ acuisition charges etc. I also have 15k miles per year, and wheel/ tire insurance built into the payment. As previously mentioned, they also had to locate this car and transport it 800 miles. I do not think I got the best deal on earth, but I do not think it was a bad deal either.
Actually that's not a ad deal at all......15k with wheel/tire insurance goes a long way plus transport. There is the difference in the monthly.....I knew it had to be something else added into your deal....makes more sense.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Saprissa
SPECIAL PREVIEW FOR YOU!
June 24, 25, and 26
MERCEDES-BENZ of SAN DIEGO
SALE

PLEASE CALL 888-205-8095, ASK FOR ROBERT NADEL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Carlos :

As a previous client who has emailed the dealership in the past, I thought you would be interested in a special preview of the sale we are having this weekend. Perhaps you, or someone you know is looking for a great deal on a new Mercedes-Benz. Combined with the annual summer sales event, increased inventory, and increased operating hours, this sale will be unlike any before. These are the LOWEST PRICES that I have ever seen. LOWER than most LA Area Dealerships!

EXAMPLES:
2005 C230 Sports Sedan, Automatic, CD Changer, Sunroof Package(VIN#F710700): MSRP of $33,570, SALES PRICE OF $30,570.00 (THAT is $1301.00 BELOW INVOICE) Lease for 349.00 plus tax with $3,220 out of pocket, 39 months, 10,000 annual miles.

2005 CLK320 Coupe, CD Changer, Sunroof Package (VIN#158185): MSRP of $48,580, SALES PRICE OF $41,580 (THAT is $3980 BELOW INVOICE) Lease for 475.00 plus tax with $2,780 out of pocket, 39 months, 10,000 annual miles.

AND MORE.....

$7000 discount on 2005 SL500
$2,000 Discount on 2006 CLS500
AMAZING $4000 discount on 2006 E350 Sedan!!!
Unbelievable $2500 discount on 2006 ML350, and even more off the ML500

EXTENDED HOURS.... 9 am to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday, and from 9 am to 7 pm Sunday.

PLEASE ASK FOR ROBERT NADEL, INTERNET SALES MANAGER. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU.

PLEASE CALL ME AT 888-205-8095 FOR AN APPOINTMENT, QUESTIONS, OR STOP ON BY AND BE READY TO SAVE!

------------------------------------

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Wow nice deals there interesting Thanks Carlos!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by caliboy
Wow nice deals there interesting Thanks Carlos!
I really like the deal on the 2005 CLK320 for $41k. I could probably get it down another 1k or so with my 4 previous MBSD buys.
Too bad it's a 320 though. If it were a 350, I'd jump all over it !
In the family, we already have:

1979 230 G
2003 240 S
2003 320 SC
2004 320 W
2004.5 320 SS

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 06-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Guest0001

Do you know if there are any deals on the C55. I know they are not selling well.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you can call Robert Nadell @ MBSD directly. He's pretty straightforward.

I know that the C55 has been selling pretty well here in San Diego.
They are ALL over the place ! I actually am one of the few that prefers the C32, and those are now hard to find.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com