C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MB technicians anything-but-competent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550 Roadster
Thumbs down MB technicians anything-but-competent

I took my C230K in, two days ago, to get the speed-sensitive volume-control (AudioPilot?) disabled, because it's terribly annoying. It increases and decreases the volume far too drastically for my listening habits.

I noticed, last night, that it was still increasing and decreasing the volume. I went into the audio-control menu (AUD), and I noticed that the FADER is no longer present nor is the Environmental Audio control. So, the AUD menu is:
BASS -> TREBLE -> BALANCE

That's it...

Needless to say, I'm quite annoyed. Not only did they fail to do what I requested, they managed to screw-up two other functions.

And get this... when I went to pick up my car, two days ago, they actually tried to charge me $29.99, for disabling this "feature" that doesn't even seem to work properly, in the first place, in my opinion. They waived the charge, but it seems even more amusing to me, now, that they tried to charge me for something that they didn't even do (correctly).

Now, I have to take it in, again. The service representative (not the technician who did the work) was very apologetic and promised that it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to rectify. That's nice to hear, but it would have been nicer, if it were done properly, in the first place.

~Pete
Old 12-07-2001, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
I bet it was the first time that tech ever attempted it....no excuse though. How many techs pay attention to comfort related fixes on cars?