C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Everyone wants this car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by Humbucker87
Ya, I do love this car. In the town where I live there are really only like probably 7 of these things so it does get more attention than at our beach house which has a much higher per capita income.
A real C32 is so rare here. Either that or the people who drive/own them don't get out much. M3's are everywhere. So the AMG look C230 probably isn't fooling anyone around here...I doubt the locals know what a C32 is or what it looks like.

At anyrate, the car does look good in the C32 Clothes.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SS Brillant Silver
Originally Posted by mbny
there are times when i wish i had more passing power
Well in and of itself still doesn't make sense to me. I've never had any problem passing anyone whether on street or highway in this car. I say this in the terms of regular driving not "racing".
Old 07-11-2005, 05:42 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by jan ken po
Well in and of itself still doesn't make sense to me. I've never had any problem passing anyone whether on street or highway in this car. I say this in the terms of regular driving not "racing".
i can see why you wouldn't understand where I'm coming from, but here in NY you gotta react fast in order to get around sometimes. drivers here are so aggressive that when you put your blinker on to change lanes, people either speed up or keep their same speed so you need to really take off to get over and prevent the driver behind you from getting pissed or having to brake. never a problem w/ the 330, but a huge difference with the C230. but like i've said previously, i'm still getting used to this car and just have to change my driving habits accordingly to what this car is capable of. i don't race or ever have been much of a "racer". i'm just slowly becoming used to the fact that i'm not able to drive this car like it's a bmw. still a great car, just more of a laid back cruiser
Old 07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by Imperial C320
Come to LA no one will care.
no kidding. a dime a dozen. here you need bright color stick out of the crowd. everywhere you look are black and silver mercedes.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
The difference is quite evident when the key is turned to position 3.

Really fellas, let's not be so full of ourselves with this car.

goes right up there with a post i read once that someone thought mercedes should put AMG on the Sport Sedans from the factory.

AMG is more than a body kit people.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
I think I see more C230 SS in LA than any other MB. So common, I see one around every corner.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
E63S4S
In war of the worlds, did anyone notice that the silver c230 ss had a plane land on top of it and a house razed and fall on it and the passenger cabin was still intact?
WTG mercedes. Should market the car as jet proof. LOL

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 08:58 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
when you put your blinker on to change lanes,
Well hell ***** fire son, thats the problem right there, not the speed on the car. lol. You would think NY would be the last place people would actually be courteous enough to use a blinker. Never happens down here in the dirty-dirty. Still, dont see where its a problem sub 90mph.

But back to the original topic. The dealer here where I got mine from is/was a combo Merc/Mazda dealer, dont ask me why. Well today I'm rolling by, and I notice they have like at least 10 230SS line in the lot on the side where usually the Mazdas are. First, I was shocked to see that many because at most they have a total of 3 EVER on that lot. 2nd, I notice the whole Mazda side is full of Mercs. Evidently they gave up the Mazdas which was needed, because the lot was waay tiny for the both of them. BUt now I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot more on the roads round here. Side Note: After finally seeing an Albaster white, I'll have to change my opinion on those as well.

Last edited by jan ken po; 07-11-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Banned

I like the new E90. At first i hated it based on spy pics, now seeingit now I love it
Old 07-11-2005, 09:32 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by jan ken po
Well hell ***** fire son, thats the problem right there, not the speed on the car. lol. You would think NY would be the last place people would actually be courteous enough to use a blinker. Never happens down here in the dirty-dirty. Still, dont see where its a problem sub 90mph.
very true. not many people do use their blinker around here. but i hate when someone just cuts in front of me w/o using their's, so i feel i should use mine. plus i've gotten a couple tickets for not using my blinkers when i was younger so it quickly got me into the habit of doing it i'm surprised you don't feel the car to be sluggish at all especially in the crazy heat down there. we don't have too many 90+ days here, but today was about 92 degrees and along w/ having the A/C on 4, the car felt to be struggling abit. wasn't too bad when i picked her up in March.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
i can see why you wouldn't understand where I'm coming from, but here in NY you gotta react fast in order to get around sometimes. drivers here are so aggressive that when you put your blinker on to change lanes, people either speed up or keep their same speed so you need to really take off to get over and prevent the driver behind you from getting pissed or having to brake. never a problem w/ the 330, but a huge difference with the C230. but like i've said previously, i'm still getting used to this car and just have to change my driving habits accordingly to what this car is capable of. i don't race or ever have been much of a "racer". i'm just slowly becoming used to the fact that i'm not able to drive this car like it's a bmw. still a great car, just more of a laid back cruiser
i can't remember but your car must be an automatic, right? either that or you're not using the gears properly?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:43 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by ctC230K
i can't remember but your car must be an automatic, right? either that or you're not using the gears properly?
i've got a manual and use the gears just fine. i've had 3 cars with stick and about 7 years of driving them daily, plus attended several different driving schools including BMW's in South Carolina. I know how the drive the car, but just b/c i can drive better than normal, doesn't make the car fast. it's still underpowered. however you guys still don't realize that i'm still getting used the change from the 330 which moved effortlessly. you can see why i feel the car is underpowered. still love the car, but it's pretty sluggish. we'll see how the difference is after i bring it to renntech this winter. definitely quicker than the auto's i've test driven, but i think this is the slowest car i've ever owned so it feels abit weird when i'm looking for some decent acceleration. also my first 4-banger
Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
i'm surprised you don't feel the car to be sluggish at all especially in the crazy heat down there. we don't have too many 90+ days here, but today was about 92 degrees and along w/ having the A/C on 4, the car felt to be struggling abit. wasn't too bad when i picked her up in March.
Well I've never really paid that much attention to it to be honest. It still does what I need it do. Plus, I grew up down here...so even at 92, I'm rolling with the windows down. That's not even hot to me, I'm fine as long as have breeze. Extended stays at light sometime cause me to crank the blower on for a bit.

Also, I have SUV, truck, and old Ford contour I used back & forth to work. So hopping in the 230 from those skews me a bit. Unlike others, I'm not going to rag on someone I don't know ability to drive. I just don't feel this car is "slow" for every day driving; however, wouldn't call it "fast" either. Either way nice car, depending area of country it seems that also a good head turner. I think in the end the majority of us are happy with our purchase.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Kompressor sedan
Definately happy. I just seem to get more looks with this car. I had a 99 3000GT before this and got some looks from that, just the different kind of looks. The ones that seemed like they were thinking, "Look at that guy in the 3000 who thinks hes hot ****!" Was never even my goal. I had everybody trying to race me then. With this car I get what I want. More adult respect. I was leaving the parking lot from Home Expo a couple days ago and a middle aged guy was crossing the street. He stopped right in the middle and said, "Nice car, really classy." Now thats the look I want. Not trying to race anyone, not trying to burn someone off the line. I would of purchased something else if that was my goal. Just trying to drive something as classy as my pocket book will let me. And with the C230k, it works perfectly for me.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
...however you guys still don't realize that i'm still getting used the change from the 330 which moved effortlessly. you can see why i feel the car is underpowered. still love the car, but it's pretty sluggish...
i had a 328i which wasn't as fast as your 330i but it was noticeably faster than my C320. But the 328i didn't drive quite as nice as the C320 though because of the longer gear shift and heavier clutch
Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by mick1
i had a 328i which wasn't as fast as your 330i but it was noticeably faster than my C320. But the 328i didn't drive quite as nice as the C320 though because of the longer gear shift and heavier clutch
clutch is definitely smoother than my 330 and gears smoother and shorter as well.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I had a 328Ci. It was an auto, but it was cool the steptronic worked great and the car drove great with the sport pkg. The 328i/Ci sport had the best steering out of all e46.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 325i
Everyone wants this car!

Yes... and that's why I am getting the new 3 series for the next 3 years, until the W204 becomes available. Back in Summer of 02 when I got my C240, you could barely see any C's at all, at least in the Northern VA area. Nowadays, as everyone has pointed out, they are everywhere. It's truly become the new E46. The E90 will eventually become that also, but I'll give it at least 1 or 2 years before that happens.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:20 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by victor20170
Yes... and that's why I am getting the new 3 series for the next 3 years, until the W204 becomes available. Back in Summer of 02 when I got my C240, you could barely see any C's at all, at least in the Northern VA area. Nowadays, as everyone has pointed out, they are everywhere. It's truly become the new E46. The E90 will eventually become that also, but I'll give it at least 1 or 2 years before that happens.
it's definitely like that with all C's and 3-series. i'm already starting see a few E90's on a daily basis. Of course it's expected though. they're both nice entry level cars and draw high demand. one of the reasons i liked the C230k w/ amg kit. still don't see many, but i know in 6 months they'll probably be like ****roaches. what i really like are the E46 ZHP's. i definitely don't see many of those around here and they look sweet. but it's also b/c they came out with the performance package towards the tail end of it's design cycle, similar to the C230k's amg kit. but the new E90 ZHP will be hitting showrooms next year so I'm guessing they won't be as rare as the E46 ZHP's were.