C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

evosport M271 Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:55 AM
taylor192

Renntech kit is $1700, would be interesting to see dyno runs, I bet Renntech would supply them.

Evosport won't beat this price by much, so unless they beat it by 5-10 proven HP/TQ, I know where I'm spending my cash.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
CynCarvin:

Vadim I have been a critic of yours in the past but I had come to respect you and seen some good work come out of your shop. Then you have to come out and act like brad and call your prospective customers and forum users names.
Sorry, dude - but I do not see any respect coming from you. Here is my post below. Did I call anyone "names"? No I am quoting other members who are frustrated when you make a post to make youself seem important.

Hmmm, this is my own quote. I guess several people with single digit IQs are not able to understand what word "start" means.

Looking at who they are and their past posts - I am not surprised. Please go on ---------------.

Meanwhile our waiting list has doubled, thank you very much.

We have now over 60 eager customers for our pulley kit.

Every one of their e-mails starts - "Please ignore those idi............................................... "

Now, please do not quit now.....................................

Extra sales are always welcome.
Nowhere in the previous posts did I say that we were done and tuning was completed. It is an ongoing process, we have several design ideas that we want to try out. It takes time to make them, install them and get them on the dyno. You just saw the first one.

I have a more than respectable education graduating with honors so please do not tell me I am uneducated or simply dumb.
Here you go again, who cares if you graduated with "honors", you actions, i.e. making self-imporant posts tells everyone exactly who you are. Educated or not.

I pose these questions to you and your fellow evosport owners. Do you see any other tuner insulting their customers in a public forum that just happens to be owned by the same owners in question? I will say I have yet to see any tuner do this but evo.

I think people at evosport should step back and either learn to respect people or not use the forum as your means to advertise your items. Other tuners have a reputation driving their sales and actions like those seen here do not help build a good name for your business. Evo has grown quickly but I doubt inflammatory comments like those seen here help much.

Go ahead and insult me... I can flame you right back but in the end nothing really gets done so why bother.
Sorry, but I see you insulting me more than anything else. And if you find my posts explaining and defending what we are doing with M271 tuning - insulting..................... than what can I say.................... I guess being an "honor" student never taught you how to respect other peoples' work.

I am glad you have 60 people interested in the parts and hopefully that will lead to a lower final purchase price for all interested parties.
Finally, I have something to agree with you on. I think now you understood why I made this post in the first place. The more customers we have, the cheaper the final price is going to be.

When we do release the kit you will be surprised how much more affordable it will be.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
mctwin2kman:

I just prioritize my life and do not want to spend the money this instant.
Dude, if your life revolves around your car, than what can I say?

If you are offended, because we are still working and tuning is not finished, than what can I say?

You do not like my attitude - OK I guess you want me to lie to you and create numbers out of thin air. OK, how about ............. pulley added 50HP and 50 ft.lbs.of TQ. Is this what you are looking for?

Or do you actually want real numbers, tuned on real 91 gas - that is coming to every state next year.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Evosport won't beat this price by much, so unless they beat it by 5-10 proven HP/TQ, I know where I'm spending my cash.
Taylor: In the end I think you will be surprised about the price.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
mctwin2kman:

If you are offended, because we are still working and tuning is not finished, than what can I say?

You do not like my attitude - OK I guess you want me to lie to you and create numbers out of thin air. OK, how about ............. pulley added 50HP and 50 ft.lbs.of TQ. Is this what you are looking for?

Or do you actually want real numbers, tuned on real 91 gas - that is coming to every state next year.
Actually my car is bone stock! My life revolves around my wife, my dogs and my family! Why not insult a potential buyer more by making stupid comments about a person you do not know?

Now as far as the rest, no I but you stated on the very first page of this thread that results would be posted in due time, then stated a matter of weeks. To best sell an item you either A) do not mention it until it is done and for sale, or B) mention it to gain enthusiasm for said product and then show updates for said product as stated previously. Those are based on how it all started not every product known to man, but can be used anywhere. Even Microsoft tells about there upcoming product and gives progress reports on said product. ***** they even leak info! Maybe not intentionally but it gets leaked anyhow. In your case it was mentioned that further testing was needed and would be forthcoming in a matter of weeks, well that was more than a few weeks ago. Now I am not saying make guesstimates on gains, but you have an initial dyno and I am sure a few more laying around, why not say well so far we gained x HP and y Tourque with this revision. Instead of just not saying anything at all or pissing off potential customers! You guys just respond in the wrong way, hence why you will never grow to your potential. If you keep degrading potential customers as you are then your business will never grow to its potential.

Look I work for a place that has grown in the last 50 years time due to its customer service! Grown from a small family business to a nice multi million dollar a year business threatening the big boys! Customer Service got us where we are today! Think about it before you make your posts next time. Especially to some people who have the money and are just waiting to spend it!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Actually my car is bone stock! My life revolves around my wife, my dogs and my family! Why not insult a potential buyer more by making stupid comments about a person you do not know?
So good for you, why do I care?

Now as far as the rest, no I but you stated on the very first page of this thread that results would be posted in due time, then stated a matter of weeks. To best sell an item you either A) do not mention it until it is done and for sale, or B) mention it to gain enthusiasm for said product and then show updates for said product as stated previously. Those are based on how it all started not every product known to man, but can be used anywhere. Even Microsoft tells about there upcoming product and gives progress reports on said product. ***** they even leak info! Maybe not intentionally but it gets leaked anyhow. In your case it was mentioned that further testing was needed and would be forthcoming in a matter of weeks, well that was more than a few weeks ago. Now I am not saying make guesstimates on gains, but you have an initial dyno and I am sure a few more laying around, why not say well so far we gained x HP and y Tourque with this revision. Instead of just not saying anything at all or pissing off potential customers! You guys just respond in the wrong way, hence why you will never grow to your potential. If you keep degrading potential customers as you are then your business will never grow to its potential.
So where is the problem? Sorry we do not make guesses. If we made guesses than when real numbers come in everyone is upset. Than that would be lying and degrading customer. By saying please stay tuned we are testing several possibilities - we are telling the truth.

SO far only several people, with their own agendas, seem to be upset. People who actually put their names down ask us to take our time and make sure that the product delivers what it promises.

Look I work for a place that has grown in the last 50 years time due to its customer service! Grown from a small family business to a nice multi million dollar a year business threatening the big boys! Customer Service got us where we are today! Think about it before you make your posts next time. Especially to some people who have the money and are just waiting to spend it!
So what does this have anything to do with tuning cars?

Last edited by Vadim @ evosport; 08-30-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
CynCarvin:

Sorry, dude - but I do not see any respect coming from you. Here is my post below. Did I call anyone "names"? No I am quoting other members who are frustrated when you make a post to make youself seem important.

Nowhere in the previous posts did I say that we were done and tuning was completed. It is an ongoing process, we have several design ideas that we want to try out. It takes time to make them, install them and get them on the dyno. You just saw the first one.

Here you go again, who cares if you graduated with "honors", you actions, i.e. making self-imporant posts tells everyone exactly who you are. Educated or not.

Sorry, but I see you insulting me more than anything else. And if you find my posts explaining and defending what we are doing with M271 tuning - insulting..................... than what can I say.................... I guess being an "honor" student never taught you how to respect other peoples' work.

Finally, I have something to agree with you on. I think now you understood why I made this post in the first place. The more customers we have, the cheaper the final price is going to be.

When we do release the kit you will be surprised how much more affordable it will be.
I am not going to bother with the bs any more. you clearly are not logical in your stream of thought here. if you say people have "double digit IQ's" i would be prone to take that as an insult or slam.

I never called you stupid and from the looks of our exchanges in other threads you VADIM are the one jumping in people threads with the sole agenda of causing a fight.

I see no problem stating that I am educated and graduated with respectable standing as a means to show that guess what im not some double ditit iq'd fool about to be proven wrong with flawed logic.

You did lead people on with your posts and if you think otherwise look and the massive amouts of people here who think you did. NASA might have thought they had a safe shuttle before it burned up and 7 people died but guess what they were more than a little wrong.

Believe what you would like for it is a free nation. When you do something its best to own up to it and say hey listen i know we made it look like we had data coming quickly but its going to take longer than we thought becasue we want to get it right. Would that have been so hard?

Enjoy your tunring of your cars and have a great week.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-30-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:18 PM
taylor192

Taylor: In the end I think you will be surprised about the price.
I thought the initial prices posted were about $900 for each mod (pulley, ECU), and less for them combined.

I'm in no hurry and not like the others here pushing you guys to et this done. I'm buying sometime next year, so getting it done right rather than sooner and for the right price is most important.

20HP/TQ for $1K USD would be awesome!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
You know what Vadim the boiled down point hers is this.

I just saw you new posts and you act like a person with something to prove. I got involved here because you were insulting people. Your business ethics were seriously flawed and the more you post the worse you look.

I don’t look down on people doing R&D to get things right but your approach to dealing with customers is terrible. With all due respect to your ability to design and test parts maybe you should leave marketing to the marketers and stay focused on what you do best -- mod the cars.

You insult people for wanting to get parts for their cars and in countless threads you have told car nuts (those who had an issue with you) that they had no life if their car meant so much to them. Guess what Vadim these car nuts are the ones who buy your parts and therefore they pay your monthly nut so maybe you should thank them for giving a hoot.

I can think of so many people who post here that just love to talk about cars with evosport and get all the new parts and would put their car before many other items in life (some advocate attacking and shooting people who scratch their cars). I just cant see how you can get off telling people to get over themselves because its "just a car." I bet just about everyone here would throw their car in a ditch and light it on fire if it could help family members, wives, kids etc. That’s just human. And it’s also human to enjoy a hobby.

Post what you would like I am done.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-30-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So where is the problem? Sorry we do not make guesses. If we made guesses than when real numbers come in everyone is upset. Than that would be lying and degrading customer. By saying please stay tuned we are testing several possibilities - we are telling the truth.

SO far only several people, with their own agendas, seem to be upset. People who actually put their names down ask us to take our time and make sure that the product delivers what it promises.

So what does this have anything to do with tuning cars?
As for your very first line I was responding to your direct quote and statement to me!

mctwin2kman:

Quote:
I just prioritize my life and do not want to spend the money this instant.

It has nothing to do with tuning cars! Maybe you should take a friggin reading comprehension class! It has to do with Business, which last I looked you were a business! Maybe get your head out from under the hood and take a business class or two and realize how you should respond and treat people in the business world. You may not care if you lose one sale, but one loss can always turn to more! Business my friend is about treating the customer right and respecting them not being an a$$hole!

As for your product you can stick it where the sun don't shine buddy! I have had it with your *****ty attitude!

As for your other qripes, well if you have some preliminary numbers maybe you should have posted them by now as stated in the beginning of this thread. I am amazed you have stayed in business with an attitude like that. Maybe the Benz owners near you are idiots and like to take ***** from you. But me if I am going to part with my hard earned money I want people to be at least respectfull to me.

Oh and the business I am in is Automotive! Not to mention my family owned a business for 75 years so I have a little knowledge when it comes to how to treat a potential customer.

Last edited by mctwin2kman; 08-30-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
You know what Vadim the boiled down point hers is this.

I just saw you new posts and you act like a person with something to prove. I got involved here because you were insulting people. Your business ethics were seriously flawed and the more you post the worse you look.

I don’t look down on people doing R&D to get things right but your approach to dealing with customers is terrible. With all due respect to your ability to design and test parts maybe you should leave marketing to the marketers and stay focused on what you do best -- mod the cars.

You insult people for wanting to get parts for their cars and in countless threads you have told car nuts (those who had an issue with you) that they had no life if their car meant so much to them. Guess what Vadim these car nuts are the ones who buy your parts and therefore they pay your monthly nut so maybe you should thank them for giving a hoot.

I can think of so many people who post here that just love to talk about cars with evosport and get all the new parts and would put their car before many other items in life (some advocate attacking and shooting people who scratch their cars). I just cant see how you can get off telling people to get over themselves because its "just a car." I bet just about everyone here would throw their car in a ditch and light it on fire if it could help family members, wives, kids etc. That’s just human. And it’s also human to enjoy a hobby.

Post what you would like I am done.
Good Point!

He is in the business to make money by modding cars and then selling the upgraded parts to make peoples cars more enjoyable to them. Then he busts on people who actually like there cars. Hence his post to me about getting a life outside the car! Why would anyone whose whole business is based on people that care a little too much about there cars tell someone not to care about it? You are right, he should keep his head under the hood making goody's instead of chasing potential customers away! Let the sale pitch come from the sales guys, not the Wrench Head!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
As for your very first line I was responding to your direct quote and statement to me!

It has nothing to do with tuning cars! Maybe you should take a friggin reading comprehension class! It has to do with Business, which last I looked you were a business! Maybe get your head out from under the hood and take a business class or two and realize how you should respond and treat people in the business world. You may not care if you lose one sale, but one loss can always turn to more! Business my friend is about treating the customer right and respecting them not being an a$$hole!

As for your product you can stick it where the sun don't shine buddy! I have had it with your *****ty attitude!

As for your other qripes, well if you have some preliminary numbers maybe you should have posted them by now as stated in the beginning of this thread. I am amazed you have stayed in business with an attitude like that. Maybe the Benz owners near you are idiots and like to take ***** from you. But me if I am going to part with my hard earned money I want people to be at least respectfull to me.

Oh and the business I am in is Automotive! Not to mention my family owned a business for 75 years so I have a little knowledge when it comes to how to treat a potential customer.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:44 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
clearly he was specifying that he prioritizes his life around his family and business, not his car. looks like we found the person with the true IQ. he's simply correcting your lack of interpretation.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbny
clearly he was specifying that he prioritizes his life around his family and business, not his car. looks like we found the person with the true IQ. he's simply correcting your lack of interpretation.

You hit the old nail on the head. Personally I drive my W201 and the wife drives the W203! The C230K Coupe has good power and all and we are very happy. But we plan to keep the car a while since they no longer import them and will eventually stop them all together. We love the car and my wife wants to keep it til it dies. But we both would not mind a little more power for the right price and of course from the right kind of company, and quality built. That is why I keep an eye on these things. I am ready now, or can wait, I have no problem. But the thought of some actual proof of gains peaked my interest in the beginning of this thread. Of course we all know where that turned out. I know that R&D takes time, but sometimes it is nice to track progress of said R&D and of course to see who is interested. But you can still show what you have!

Personally if he had a nice kit for a decent price for my old M102 engined W201 I would jump in a heartbeat if it was what I wanted. I intend in the future to Turbo that one, but alas I have not had time to really go past wanting. I spend my time with the wife and dogs and working on my house and just working in general. That and when needed I work on my W201.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
CynCarvin:

I am not going to bother with the bs any more
Good! Than why are you still posting?

I got involved here because you were insulting people. Your business ethics were seriously flawed and the more you post the worse you look.
"I was insulting people by telling them that we are doing proper R&D and we are going to try a couple more things to see if they are worth some power."

Dude, and you are telling me I have no logic?

Your business ethics were seriously flawed and the more you post the worse you look.
"My business ethics were seriously flawed." According to whom?

You? Who made you a "professor" of ethics?

Every time you and others make a post *****ing about pulleys not being ready, we sell more and more of them. There is a direct relationship between us defending our decision to keep testing, you attacking us and sales.

A vast majority of M271 owners want tested and proven product and are willing to wait for it.

If you are not - than go somewhere else. This is a free country.

But do expect me not to defend our decision when you start attacking us for it. If you are willing to start throwing *****, be ready to receive it.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Where did I twist your hand to buy our product? Did you expect us not to respond to your insulting post?

Then he busts on people who actually like there cars. Hence his post to me about getting a life outside the car! Why would anyone whose whole business is based on people that care a little too much about there cars tell someone not to care about it?

Yes, dude it is just a car. I know we all like them and I know some are willing to kill for it. In several years you are going to sell it and buy something else. It is a material thing and just because you own it, does not make you a better person.

Sorry, but this is a reality. If you can not deal with it than one day it will deal with you.

But the thought of some actual proof of gains peaked my interest in the beginning of this thread. Of course we all know where that turned out. I know that R&D takes time, but sometimes it is nice to track progress of said R&D and of course to see who is interested. But you can still show what you have!
Yes, we will post proof. Sit down and spend ten hours reading all the posts that I have made in the last two years. They will show you who we are and how we make our products, may be than you will undestand what it takes to make it work and work right.

We are not going to post preliminary numbers because they are missleading. They do not represent what we are going to sell, so why would we post them.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Honestly, until a product is actually out for sale and the product proves to be a failure, I don't see any harm in what EvoSport has posted on this forum at all.

I think it's just a matter of "agree to disagree." I can understand both points of view, however, in this situation I don't think it's a business' duty to report any information during the "research and development stage."

Now if EvoSport had come on these boards, reported numbers that were not "truly" tried and tested, began to sell an actual product to consumers and the product was not up to what EvoSport had claimed...that's when the "real" issues come into play.

As of right now, they don't have to report anything to anybody. In fact, it's in somewhat good nature that they actually come on here and answer people when the question arise.

So in essence, it's a moot point. There are obviously some people on here who have a problem with EvoSport's approach to their R&D of performance products and updates on that R&D. You all have every right to feel the way you do and express your feelings of distrust for their business practices. Easy solution, you don't need to give them your business. There are also people on here who view this situation differently and are willing to take every piece of information given with a grain of salt until an actual product is on the market and for sale. Those people will obviously give EvoSport the benefit of the doubt and appreciate the information provided and not necessarily get over excited or anticipate any sort of release until the product is for sale.

Regardless, I think the more it's discussed in this manner, the less "constructive" it is for either side (consumer vs. business). In the meantime,
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
...LOL, sorry, I had a flashback to Rodney King's famous words...

peace,

drex
Old 08-30-2005, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thank you Drex, well said!

Peace!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
and oh yeah....
get your EVOSPORT stickers from Ricky !
Old 08-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Saprissa
and oh yeah....
get your EVOSPORT stickers from Ricky !
Nope, not Evosport. Just mbworld.org stickers as of right now

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
AMAZING! With all the time Evosport-people have wasted here posting tit-for-tat arguments, they could have actually posted actual info about the development of this product!
Again I ask, what exactly was the purpose of this thread in a forum designed for conversation and debate? Should it have just been a locked/sticky?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Yes Jim, AMAZING!

Development continues, new design will be ran on the dyno shortly. Exactly when I do not know, it depends on many schedules coming together.

Hopefully you h a v e u n d e r s t o o d this.

Besides what do you care, you do not even own the car anymore.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Jim needs an MBWorld sticker !
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Jim Banville
AMAZING! With all the time Evosport-people have wasted here posting tit-for-tat arguments, they could have actually posted actual info about the development of this product!
Again I ask, what exactly was the purpose of this thread in a forum designed for conversation and debate? Should it have just been a locked/sticky?
I had this thought but i did not want to keep going on the topic. I think a good rule of thumb is to make all development posts locked sticky threads for the forum. Then people can e-mail or PM evo if they have any questions. That way a nice to the point post can be made with no wiggle room
Old 08-31-2005, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Where did I twist your hand to buy our product? Did you expect us not to respond to your insulting post?

Yes, dude it is just a car. I know we all like them and I know some are willing to kill for it. In several years you are going to sell it and buy something else. It is a material thing and just because you own it, does not make you a better person.

Sorry, but this is a reality. If you can not deal with it than one day it will deal with you.

Yes, we will post proof. Sit down and spend ten hours reading all the posts that I have made in the last two years. They will show you who we are and how we make our products, may be than you will undestand what it takes to make it work and work right.

We are not going to post preliminary numbers because they are missleading. They do not represent what we are going to sell, so why would we post them.
See the problem is a good sales person tries to get one to buy there product. All you are doing is losing a sale here. In Business a loss of a sale means a loss of revenue. No matter if it is a $100 iPod or a $1000+ Pulley and ECU. Money is money and if you lose a sale you lose the potential to make money on that sale. Business 101 buddy.

And my first posts were not insulting. I got insulting after you insulted me and thus lost the ability to ever make money from me. No biggie to lose one customer but your attitude in this thread and these discussions may in turn make you lose more money. And sorry but a loss is a loss is a loss. And this is one loss you will never get back. Over the years I have spent thousands and thousands of dollar's in my work with certain suppliers. Even if the price can be beat somewhere else it is not worth it to me since I get excellant customer service from these suppliers. And when I say thousands of dollars it averages actually in the 10's of thousands a year to the hundred's of thousands. That is just due to good business attitudes from those people I deal with on a daily basis. The Company I work for sells a much needed service and we are geared towards strong customer service. You seem to be lacking in that department. Sorry but that is my take on things just from this one conversation. First Impressions mean the most in business and it is impossible to make that first impression ever again. You have made a bad one and continue to use poor judgement when posting. But I guess since you are still in business that this does not matter much to you. But alas you will never grow the company to its full potential with this current attitude. And you will never win me back either. Sorry but when someone leaves a bad taste in my mouth business wise they will never get my business back. I have black balled bigger companies than yours my friend, where I spent a good deal of the companies money. And people ask my opinion where to buy things or how good those companies are and I tell them my experience with them and let them decide. No one that has ever asked me about a company that I do not do business anymore has ever ordered a product from said company. Now here you have nothing to worry about until the day I do get a Pulley and ECU from another company and by chance someone asks me about it. Then you see that is when you lose more potential sales. Sorry but I will not talk smack about it, just the fact I did not like the business attitude from said company, or service or what not. And I deal with a company that deals with 1000+ car dealers a week........ from 20+ diferent countries......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: evosport M271 Tuning