C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

evosport M271 Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Hey Vadim... Any chance you can PM me with the details you have done, and have to do? And what ever info you can provide. Im very interested in the process and how its going and can't wait for the end result! But by all means take your time and get it right...
Old 08-11-2005, 10:41 PM

04 Crossfire MB 5.0L M113 V8 6spd, 05 Bagged SRT6w/55K AMG V8 ,2016 C300 Sport
Is this going to be available for purchase? what about an estimated price?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 AM

bumping up for our weekly update...
Old 08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Capt: Do a search and you will find a number of posts on m271 tuning.

We are just starting, so at this time there is not a lot of info. Stay tuned
Old 08-21-2005, 09:49 PM

bumping up for a Monday update...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

no new news yet from evosport?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
If you read above in this thread, you will see that we will not be posting any new updates. When the product is released in it's final form we will notify everyone.

Too many people created far too much drama and took all the incentive out of keeping people in the loop and sharing as we go.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
See... This is why we cant have nice things around here! Rotten Kids and your Rock and Roll music.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Originally Posted by otoupalik
If you read above in this thread, you will see that we will not be posting any new updates. When the product is released in it's final form we will notify everyone.

Too many people created far too much drama and took all the incentive out of keeping people in the loop and sharing as we go.

Thanks,
Brad

If people associated with Evosport didn't say things (MORE than a MONTH ago) like "Our C230 is going back on the dyno today or tomorrow for final results", and "The prototype is complete and will be tested within next several days", then people wouldn't EXPECT anything so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
OK, see I have gone over this before.

YES, we did test the prototype, and the final results became temporary results as we needed to change some things in the desgin. This is R&D, and some - YOURSELF INCLUDED - clearly do not understand this.

As you do not even own a MB anymore, I really fail to see why you are so interested, but it seems that your entire motivation is to stir things up and create drama - for that reason, nobody is getting ANY updates!

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3

YES, we did test the prototype, and the final results became temporary results as we needed to change some things in the desgin. This is R&D, and some - YOURSELF INCLUDED - clearly do not understand this.

As you do not even own a MB anymore, I really fail to see why you are so interested, but it seems that your entire motivation is to stir things up and create drama - for that reason, nobody is getting ANY updates!

Thanks,
Brad
See I am interested! And yes it was stated at first in this thread that a dyno of said test would be posted. That was weeks ago. Now this info would be helpfull to some of us interested. Due to the fact that it would show some of what we may expect on gains. Money of course is another thing but until you are done of course you will not know that. But alas I would like to see some results instead of Vaporware BS crapola that is currently be stated. You said you would post some results and some of us would like to see them. And to be honest I would not buy a darn thing from you now after these replies and the broken promises. To me it is a **** poor way to do business by alienating the very customers you hope to gain by pissing and moaning and not posting some results to wet our appetites more.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
See I am interested! And yes it was stated at first in this thread that a dyno of said test would be posted. That was weeks ago. Now this info would be helpfull to some of us interested. Due to the fact that it would show some of what we may expect on gains. Money of course is another thing but until you are done of course you will not know that. But alas I would like to see some results instead of Vaporware BS crapola that is currently be stated. You said you would post some results and some of us would like to see them. And to be honest I would not buy a darn thing from you now after these replies and the broken promises. To me it is a **** poor way to do business by alienating the very customers you hope to gain by pissing and moaning and not posting some results to wet our appetites more.
3 cheers for mctwin2Kman!!!!!!!
Evosport is getting results in their R&D, but NEVER shared a single post-mod dyno sheet! They started this thread and are now taking their ball and going home. So what exactly was the point of this thread supposed to be anyway
Old 08-24-2005, 12:33 AM

Guy on another site said the Digi Tec tuning kit for the m271 includes pulley and software. Anybody hear of them? They are right by my house and I just may buy this one now since Evosport pulley/software is on the back burner...

Is this m271 kit legit or more smoke and mirrors? --- Digitec kit for m271

Last edited by spankdoggie; 08-24-2005 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by spankdoggie
Guy on another site said the Diti Tec tuning kit for the m271 includes pulley and software. Anybody here of them? They are right by my house and I just may buy this one now since Evosport pulley/software is on the back burner...

Is this m271 kit legit or more smoke and mirrors? --- Digitec kit for m271
they seem legit, can you do us a favor and check them out? ask them for their projected gains? thanks!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 AM

Projected gains are 33 hp for 1.8 m271 and torque at 229 ft/lbs (sounds pretty high but I will be happy with 20-25 hp) from emotion garage I think... I will call them to confirm that in the next couple of days and tell you all what they say. --- I hope it's not more smoke and mirrors...

Here are actual claims from the digi-tec website--- Digitec horsepower estimates

Last edited by spankdoggie; 08-24-2005 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Any New Updates Yet? Pulley should be comming out soon....Said 30 days about 2-3 weeks ago?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by spankdoggie
Projected gains are 33 hp for 1.8 m271 and torque at 229 ft/lbs (sounds pretty high but I will be happy with 20-25 hp) from emotion garage I think... I will call them to confirm that in the next couple of days and tell you all what they say. --- I hope it's not more smoke and mirrors...

Here are actual claims from the digi-tec website--- Digitec horsepower estimates
I keep trying to call and all i get is a damn recording its like there is no human life with that company....
Old 08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Jim Banville
3 cheers for mctwin2Kman!!!!!!!
Evosport is getting results in their R&D, but NEVER shared a single post-mod dyno sheet! They started this thread and are now taking their ball and going home. So what exactly was the point of this thread supposed to be anyway
Well if they had any good news they would be here posting it. They clearly had an issue with the part and they need to fix it. Its ok to do R&D but they start with a thread saying info is around the corner but then say hey everyone stop asking about our parts.

If EVO does not want to be questioned until they are ready to do the so call press release stage then don’t post that you have info to share or that you are doing R&D. Be up front from the get go and don’t try to change the tune later on.

I honestly don’t think some people at EVO think before typing. They seem to insult people very quickly and have an attitude with customers. Say Jim wanted to buy a part from you guys when he gets another MB does it pay to tell him he’s causing trouble when he really is not? Jim is a good logical guy and telling people “you don’t own a car anymore so why do you even care is not classy business practices. If I did that I would be broke.

Then their whole lets drum up hype with an introduction sale (i.e. we need to recover our development costs ASAP – which is fine I know we all need to make $$$ that is life) then they don’t like people asking for the cheap price later on. If you sell it at that price to start why no just sell it at the introductory price beginning to end? But to be authoritative with people asking about your products seems a bit funny to me.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:22 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Well if they had any good news they would be here posting it. They clearly had an issue with the part and they need to fix it. Its ok to do R&D but they start with a thread saying info is around the corner but then say hey everyone stop asking about our parts.

If EVO does not want to be questioned until they are ready to do the so call press release stage then don’t post that you have info to share or that you are doing R&D. Be up front from the get go and don’t try to change the tune later on.

I honestly don’t think some people at EVO think before typing. They seem to insult people very quickly and have an attitude with customers. Say Jim wanted to buy a part from you guys when he gets another MB does it pay to tell him he’s causing trouble when he really is not? Jim is a good logical guy and telling people “you don’t own a car anymore so why do you even care is not classy business practices. If I did that I would be broke.

Then their whole lets drum up hype with an introduction sale (i.e. we need to recover our development costs ASAP – which is fine I know we all need to make $$$ that is life) then they don’t like people asking for the cheap price later on. If you sell it at that price to start why no just sell it at the introductory price beginning to end? But to be authoritative with people asking about your products seems a bit funny to me.
that's why i'm going with renntech
Old 08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by mbny
that's why i'm going with renntech
and well i know u are not the only one. Their kit is very reasonable. It likely is in my future unless someone else makes insane power for less money.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

Thanks,
Brad
Really classy brad really classy.....

Old 08-29-2005, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Did you still want that Kleemann Boost Kit Spank? Readily available for ya .

flip
Old 08-30-2005, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
finally able to start M271 tuning

Hmmm, this is my own quote. I guess several people with single digit IQs are not able to understand what word "start" means.

Looking at who they are and their past posts - I am not surprised. Please go on ---------------.

Meanwhile our waiting list has doubled, thank you very much.

We have now over 60 eager customers for our pulley kit.

Every one of their e-mails starts - "Please ignore those idi............................................... "

Now, please do not quit now.....................................

Extra sales are always welcome.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
Hmmm, this is my own quote. I guess several people with single digit IQs are not able to understand what word "start" means.

Looking at who they are and their past posts - I am not surprised. Please go on ---------------.

Meanwhile our waiting list has doubled, thank you very much.

We have now over 60 eager customers for our pulley kit.

Every one of their e-mails starts - "Please ignore those idi............................................... "

Now, please do not quit now.....................................

Extra sales are always welcome.

Vadim I have been a critic of yours in the past but I had come to respect you and seen some good work come out of your shop. Then you have to come out and act like brad and call your prospective customers and forum users names. Past posts in this thread stated that results were soon to follow and there is no getting away from that. Clearly you were starting the development process but your words lead customers to believe that information as to power output levels were not fat away. I have a more than respectable education graduating with honors so please do not tell me I am uneducated or simply dumb.

I pose these questions to you and your fellow evosport owners. Do you see any other tuner insulting their customers in a public forum that just happens to be owned by the same owners in question? I will say I have yet to see any tuner do this but evo.

I think people at evosport should step back and either learn to respect people or not use the forum as your means to advertise your items. Other tuners have a reputation driving their sales and actions like those seen here do not help build a good name for your business. Evo has grown quickly but I doubt inflammatory comments like those seen here help much.

Go ahead and insult me... I can flame you right back but in the end nothing really gets done so why bother. I am glad you have 60 people interested in the parts and hopefully that will lead to a lower final purchase price for all interested parties.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-30-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Good way to do business! **** off the potential customer because you have 60 already! Well I am serious about a kit. I just prioritize my life and do not want to spend the money this instant. But I am keeping my eyes open for the best bang for the buck deal. Since there are only one or two kits out there, I was eagerly awaiting this one to make my final decision. Well I made one part of my decision and that is to avoid EvoSport like the plague! Sorry but your attitude just sucks and I will never ever do business with you. Even if you are the last tuning company on Earth for the M271 or Benz you will not get a cent. Maybe you guys at EvoSport need to go back and take some business classes. Not normally a good idea to **** off the potential customer. Also let us know how many of those 60 buyers actually buy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: evosport M271 Tuning