C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

the day has come....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2002 | 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
Hey Fuzzo i know how u feel, i just traded my Jaguar Xk8 in today for a CLK430

I agree the worst part is cleaning out your old car, its just very sad to me.
I did notice this in your signature...congrats man... i wouldn't have felt half as bad if I wasn't going from a 02 MB to a 79 Z.. they are just way too different

enjoy the ride man..
Old 07-06-2002 | 11:05 AM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Can you get a Lotus Elise in Hong Kong?

What a cool car!
Old 07-06-2002 | 01:11 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
The new 350Z has been getting rave reviews in the magazines. And it is fast, too!
Old 07-06-2002 | 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by speedfrk
The new 350Z has been getting rave reviews in the magazines. And it is fast, too!
yeah i definitely do want to check that car out.. even if i don't buy it, i would like to drive it just to see... it ought to be a rocket...
Old 07-07-2002 | 04:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Fuzzo

i wouldn't have felt half as bad if I wasn't going from a 02 MB to a 79 Z.. they are just way too different

enjoy the ride man..
LOL i am sure they are just a little different.
:p
Well enjoy the Datsun for now.

Oh and thanks alot.

Last edited by BlackC230Coupe; 07-07-2002 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
any ideas for decent sports cars...remember.. we get the non US spec'ed cars...
We'll since you're already a Nissan fan - I'd say the Skyline or perhaps the new 350Z. If you want a sedan, the G35 looks cool.

Cheers, BT
Old 07-08-2002 | 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the skyline would be cool to have... they do look nice....
Old 07-08-2002 | 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Originally posted by MarkL

I've been bothered by the number of lemon law posts here, but not because of the car, but the owners, one in particular. It seems some people on this board are "using" the lemon law for their own purposes, not for the purpose it was adopted. For example, one owner talked at length how she badgered the dealer into getting her a car at her lowball price, took the car with features she didn't really like, and wasn't too happy about the color. A couple weeks later, after a couple of problems occur, she's starting a lemon law claim, already choosing the next color of the replacement C. Can't remember the other person, but they had a bad experience w/ a dealer who didn't fix the problem. Instead of following up w/ the dealersip owner, M-B headquarters, etc., starts thinking about just "lemoning" it. It's really quite amazing I think.
Mark,

Quite frankly, I resent you passing judgment on me without knowing the full story and I have mentioned this in an open forum to you before, yet you continue to comment on things you known nothing about. It makes me wonder.

I would be happy to answer your question about my lemon law case.

OK, here are the facts since it might help you to know them before pointing both barrels at me!

My car causes me physical harm. I get big ugly red welts that last for days when I drive long distances. They hurt and they look horrible.

The dealer has tried to repair this 5 times, yes, that right, 5 times. In addition, the car has been in the shop more than 30 days due to various other problems. I've only had my car for six months.

It is MB job to fix my car. They have not, I have talked to the dealer, and I have talked to MB directly. I have showed them these welts. They say they will try to fix it again. I ask what are you going to do that is different from time 5, 4, 3, 2, an 1 and they say nothing, just the same thing.

They have me over a barrel. My only recourse is to file a lemon law suit! I would not win if I did not have a strong case, but I do.

As for low balling the dealer, please! I paid 2% over invoice on a new car. Between that and the 3% hold back, they still made 5% on the car -- that is a fair deal for the dealer and a fair deal for me. Why should I pay more?

As for the color issue, you know, I don't want a new car, I want my car fixed, but if I have to have the headache of 30 days in the shop and a law suit, then a new color is the least they can do.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think I might get a car that has a better reliability record, I don't know.

In the future it might help to know the facts before you go spreading false information.

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 07-09-2002 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
since when did lowballing the dealership become a BAD thing??? i wish i could have done that!

seriously though, i think it would be a naive mistake, in general, to believe that dealing w/ salespersons will be "fair" and "ethical". (saturn excepted)

Last edited by young; 07-08-2002 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 10:40 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by galaxygrrl
As for low balling the dealer, please! I paid 2% over invoice on a new car. Between that and the 3% hold back, they still made 5% on the car -- that is a fair deal for the dealer and a fair deal for me. Why should I pay more?
Why is it that everyone thinks MB-USA has a "holdback" program for its dealers? My auto broker, who procures any model car for customers, so he's not partial, says that MB-USA does not operate a holdback program. I sure would like to know the real skinny on this.
Old 07-08-2002 | 10:48 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Originally posted by MB-BOB

Why is it that everyone thinks MB-USA has a "holdback" program for its dealers? My auto broker, who procures any model car for customers, so he's not partial, says that MB-USA does not operate a holdback program. I sure would like to know the real skinny on this.
From what I recall when researching a new car (edmunds, kbb, etc), MB is one of the few mfrs that does not have a holdback program. At least from what I remember.
Old 07-08-2002 | 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
according to edmunds, there is a 3% holdback. generally, i trust edmunds for that kind of consumer info.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/merc...tml?id=lin0008

same for sedans

here's the list of general holdbacks for the car makes:
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...tml?id=lin0517

Last edited by young; 07-08-2002 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is a holdback. I talked to the sales manager about it when I bought my car. It's 3%. Young is correct.

Beth
Old 07-09-2002 | 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My sales rep seems to think there is a 3% hold back. His commission includes a good percentage of that holdback. If there was no holdback you sure as hell wouldn't be able to get much of a discount considering that the markup is only 7%. Some people have gotten cars at or near invoice. Since the dealer isn't going to give you the car, that seems to prove there is a holdback or a hidden rebate.
Old 07-09-2002 | 08:36 AM

Originally posted by MarkL

I've been bothered by the number of lemon law posts here, but not because of the car, but the owners, one in particular. It seems some people on this board are "using" the lemon law for their own purposes, not for the purpose it was adopted. For example, one owner talked at length how she badgered the dealer into getting her a car at her lowball price, took the car with features she didn't really like, and wasn't too happy about the color. A couple weeks later, after a couple of problems occur, she's starting a lemon law claim, already choosing the next color of the replacement C. Can't remember the other person, but they had a bad experience w/ a dealer who didn't fix the problem. Instead of following up w/ the dealersip owner, M-B headquarters, etc., starts thinking about just "lemoning" it. It's really quite amazing I think.
Yes it is amazing and very common in the "litigation-happy" world we live in today. The only people smiling about it are the lawyers.
Old 07-09-2002 | 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by viper

Yes it is amazing and very common in the "litigation-happy" world we live in today. The only people smiling about it are the lawyers.

I think i should have gone to lawschool... i guess i would be in the S class forum then eh

and yes there is a 3% holdback.. that's wat my dealer and sales manager told me
Old 07-09-2002 | 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
My car causes me physical harm. I get big ugly red welts that last for days when I drive long distances. They hurt and they look horrible.
Hmm?
Have you tried driving another car like yours for a long distance to see if it to causes "welts"? Does your car cause other people to have "welts"? Sounds more like a problem with you than the car. Where do the "welts" occur on your body? How much time has your car spent at the dealer for non-welt related issues?
Old 07-09-2002 | 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yes, she's actually making this all up in a ploy to change the color of her ccoupe (though I'd change it from black to blue myself).

How about assuming that she's got at least a high double-digit IQ enough to check out these things herself? I have a hard time believing that someone would go through all of the lemon law bs for a trivial issue, it's just too much of a "headache".
Old 07-09-2002 | 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this day will go down in history... tommy is standing up for galaxygrl

either way.. if the car is a lemon.. which i'm sure it is.. then she is doing the right thing.. if it's not and she wants to get a new color and she is sucessful...then more power to her...
Old 07-09-2002 | 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i'm w/ fuzzo (for once ) and tommy. w/out knowing more about the case, and since i am no longer so cynical, i believe her case (and all the other cases i've read about so far) is valid and her car is a lemon.

if the belt wasn't a problem, why do they keep "fixing" it and i assume, billing mercedes for their warranty work?

if you don't believe her, let it go... it's good for your heart.
Old 07-09-2002 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Young, Fuzzo, and Tommy: Thanks!!!! Tommy, are you getting sweet on me after all this time! :p

Jim, for the record my car has spent about 20 days in the shop for the non-seatbelt related issues: broken power window, pulling to the right (four times to fix this one), broken fuel gague (been replaced 3 times and still does not work), cup holder has broken three times, and I really don't rememer it all to be honest but I listed about half of the issues. I have the paper work though.

Yes, Jim, I have driven across the country about 10 times I think that might count as driving long distances, for some reason the MB seatbelt hurts me and others don't. I will be driving in the car with a friend in the passenger side seat; my seatbelt will start locking up and the passenger side will not. There is something wrong with the seatbelt.

These welts are ugly, painful and last for a few days. They are just horrible. I'm not posting pictures because honestly, I should not have to and the welts cut right by my chest (OK, no comments Tommy!). Lawyer has them though.

To be honest, even those of you who question me on this topic, the bottom line is the lemon law is a consumer protection law with pretty rigid standards -- and I have an extremely strong case. If MB can not fix my car, which they can not, why should I not use a consumer protection law for my benefit? In other words, you all think I should just suffer, and let MB stonewall me and walk all over me? Please!

OK, we have no beaten this topic to death guys, can we please let it drop.

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 07-09-2002 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2002 | 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Yes, Jim, I have driven across the country about 10 times I think that might count as driving long distances, for some reason the MB seatbelt hurts me and others don't. I will be driving in the car with a friend in the passenger side seat; my seatbelt will start locking up and the passenger side will not. There is something wrong with the seatbelt.
I'm really curious. Have you driven other MB's just like yours to determine if you are incompatible with the design of the seatbelt in all of them, or have you determined it is only your specific car?
I must have missed the prior discussion of this "defect"
Old 07-09-2002 | 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim,

Honestly, during test drives the seatbelts did not lock up. Proves to me there is no issue with incompatiability. There is something wrong with the seatbelt.

I want to drop this topic. OK?
Old 07-09-2002 | 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by galaxygrrl

I want to drop this topic. OK?
hey.. people..can we focus on the issue here please... ME!! i'm the one that just sold my car....so focus on me please
Old 07-09-2002 | 10:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

hey.. people..can we focus on the issue here please... ME!! i'm the one that just sold my car....so focus on me please
lol.

Yes i agree ALL ATTENTION ON THIS THREAD MUST GO TO FUZZO!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the day has come....