C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New Key Style for my C Class

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz/BMW
Originally Posted by zoomie
Thanks for giving us a price, but can you get us the contact information for the dealer please? Or else we'd have no way of contacting them. Thanks! At least the name and location would help.
Wow that's pretty good, what location??? I'll get myself one for xmas :-D
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 AM

2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe
Try this....

Go to http://oempartsdirect.com/

Then go to: ( 2 ) Search by factory part number and in drop down box where it says (select make) put Mercedes.

Then cut n paste these part numbers

2117663606 ---- for the KEY STANDARD add to cart

You will obviously need to enter your VIN # in this process so have it handy.

I found this somewhere else, and have not ordered one personally (yet). I did email them to make sure it would fit my car, and they were very prompt and helpful in their reply. The price is $119, and I believe it is the newer style key.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:38 AM

'05 S600,' 04 GTO,Ducati 1098S
Originally Posted by tfoeckler
Try this....

Go to http://oempartsdirect.com/

Then go to: ( 2 ) Search by factory part number and in drop down box where it says (select make) put Mercedes.

Then cut n paste these part numbers

2117663606 ---- for the KEY STANDARD add to cart

You will obviously need to enter your VIN # in this process so have it handy.

I found this somewhere else, and have not ordered one personally (yet). I did email them to make sure it would fit my car, and they were very prompt and helpful in their reply. The price is $119, and I believe it is the newer style key.

Thanks noob for the info. Thats what was said in about 20 of these threads. Welcome to mbworld and SEARCH is your friend.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:41 PM

OEM Parts Direct must have lost some cash on the keys when they were selling them for around $65. Must have been a typo. The cost from Mercedes to the dealers is $87 and change for that key. They sell for $175 here at my local dealer. Basically 100% markup on the key. Now that I know the dealer cost I'll work the service adviser next time I am there to try to get me one at cost.

BTW, I did get one from OEM Parts Direct with no problems but I forgot to also order the metal blade. Ordered that from my local dealer for $5 and had it the next day. But I want one more key...

Last edited by pilotsmith; 12-21-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
Just got my key in the mail today and I love it. Feels a lot heavier than the old one and looks WAY better in person than in the pics.
I ordered euro convex mirrors too but oempartsdirect was unable to get them for me.
However, I was charged for them anyways so at the moment I'm holding onto a $300 key... I hope they will clear that up for me... e-mailed them numerous times but still no response.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 PM

2001 c320 - 2002 ml55 - 2011 c300 - 2014 slk350 - 2015 cla45
Originally Posted by infected
Just got my key in the mail today and I love it. Feels a lot heavier than the old one and looks WAY better in person than in the pics.
I ordered euro convex mirrors too but oempartsdirect was unable to get them for me.
However, I was charged for them anyways so at the moment I'm holding onto a $300 key... I hope they will clear that up for me... e-mailed them numerous times but still no response.

i had the same problem with oemparts 2x... ordering something that they couldnt get me. the first time it took numerous calls in order for them to finally return my money.... it was a hassel... took approx a month or so.

the second time they never returned my calls or emails... so i just called my cc company... sent them all the needed info to prove my case... and my cc refunded my money.....

they have great deals... but if you need a refund there customer service is crap...

-carino
Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 ML500
Charles, do you still have their number handy? I think I'm going to be giving them a call on Monday because Visa charged me full price for everything already and I haven't heard back from OPD after I sent them my info.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 AM

sl600
Add me to the list of people that were charged by OEMPARTS and never recevied anything.

I ordered a key on Dec 21. Was charged on the Dec 21st. I started to email them after the holidays and never got a reply. I called and left a few messages, no call back.

Their website seems to have changed too.

I called Visa and they reversed the charge on January 10th.

Does anyone else have a good inexpensive source for keys?

Charles, do you still have their number handy? I think I'm going to be giving them a call on Monday because Visa charged me full price for everything already and I haven't heard back from OPD after I sent them my info.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 ML500
I ordered the key before Dec 19 and was charged on that day. I expected my order to take a while to get here anyways because of the Christmas rush. Douglas said he was unable to order the mirrors for me and that he has refunded my payment before Christmas. I haven't heard back from him after that and I still don't have anythning showing up on my side. I've left him 5 messages within this time but still no word. Maybe I should call Visa tomorrow morning, I don't know.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I ordered the key before Dec 19 and was charged on that day. I expected my order to take a while to get here anyways because of the Christmas rush. Douglas said he was unable to order the mirrors for me and that he has refunded my payment before Christmas. I haven't heard back from him after that and I still don't have anythning showing up on my side. I've left him 5 messages within this time but still no word. Maybe I should call Visa tomorrow morning, I don't know.
I would just call Visa, you've done your part in following up. And the longer you wait, I think it only makes it harder to dispute a charge.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 ML500
Visa's investigation department is closed for the weekend so I guess I'll call again on Monday. The problem is I don't know if I have a strong enough of an argument since oempartsdirect has taken down their site so all the order information is lost...
Old 01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Boy that sucks for you guys. I hate horrible customer service. I was on the phone on friday with customer service for some other things and another company took forever to get me my money back. 5 phone calls, some yelling and lots of waiting finally got working.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Visa's investigation department is closed for the weekend so I guess I'll call again on Monday. The problem is I don't know if I have a strong enough of an argument since oempartsdirect has taken down their site so all the order information is lost...
If their entire website is gone that should only help your argument. It should prove to VISA that they were a fly by night. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
I got the infamous crack in my FOB just before the holidays, and it's big enough now to make me want a new one. Looking for a good inexpensive source too ...
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 ML500
OPD won't answer to any of my calls or e-mails like ususal. I talked to Visa today and unfortunately because I don't have a price break down of the pats that I should be refunded since OPD has taken down their site so we have nothing on them. I think I'll give it another week and if I still get nothing then I'll just claim for a full refund to make up for all the time I have wasted trying to get a hold of these guys.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 ML500
Visa's resolution center is not willing to offer a refund because OPD has taken down the billing information and they say I'm SOL and will have to contact OPD on my own. Awesome.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Visa's resolution center is not willing to offer a refund because OPD has taken down the billing information and they say I'm SOL and will have to contact OPD on my own. Awesome.
That sucks, Amex wouldn't even ask, they would just remove the charge.

You should seriously press them on this matter, that doesn't sound fair at all.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 PM

So now that oempartsdirect.com doesn't offer these keys anymore, does anybody know where you can buy the key online?

Trademotion of Ft Lauderdale won't ship even though you can order the parts from their website.

I lost one of my keys and am desperately trying to avoid the $175 - 220 my local stealerships are trying to rape me with.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by govertime
So now that oempartsdirect.com doesn't offer these keys anymore, does anybody know where you can buy the key online?

Trademotion of Ft Lauderdale won't ship even though you can order the parts from their website.

I lost one of my keys and am desperately trying to avoid the $175 - 220 my local stealerships are trying to rape me with.
I would hope not. For your security I don't know how oempartsdirect was getting away with this. It is against MBUSA policy.

Originally Posted by zoomie
The only reason is b/c those *******s refuse to reprogram the key. I'm stubborn as hell about it and just can't believe that an electronic key cannot be reprogrammed. I just think they refuse to do it. But thanks for the reply...superquick by the way. quit it with the yelling. this is the second time. mature tone of voice please. this is a mercedes forum.
I know he is banned, but the dealer cannot reprogram the keys from a different vehicle. If we could then it create a higher chance of abuse from dealership employees.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM

I would hope not. For your security I don't know how oempartsdirect was getting away with this. It is against MBUSA policy.
Thats what documentation is for. It is possible to contact MBUSA to verify the information is correct. Also, they could require signature delivery or maybe even delivery to a local dealership for pickup. If the argument is that documentation can be forged, well going to the dealership with forged documentation is nearly as easy (except they won't have confirmation of my address).

It should be against MBUSA policy to gouge customers 3x to 4x wholesale prices. I'd love to hear this perspective should you unfortunately need to have a key replaced.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by govertime
Thats what documentation is for. It is possible to contact MBUSA to verify the information is correct. Also, they could require signature delivery or maybe even delivery to a local dealership for pickup. If the argument is that documentation can be forged, well going to the dealership with forged documentation is nearly as easy (except they won't have confirmation of my address).

It should be against MBUSA policy to gouge customers 3x to 4x wholesale prices. I'd love to hear this perspective should you unfortunately need to have a key replaced.
I believe the $60 price wasn't the wholesale price, it was a data entry error.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
if anyone finds or knows of a cheaper way to add a key, PLEASE let me know also. i am not pumped about spending 220+ just for a key.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by e1000
I believe the $60 price wasn't the wholesale price, it was a data entry error.
Yes, and that is one of the reasons the Duval Motors shut down it's OEMPartsDirect site. They lost their shirts on that one, all due to the rush of MBWorld orders.

Put that price out of your mind. It should have never happened in the first place.

By the way, that domain name was purchased by another outfit, later.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM

MK IV .:R32
i am not pumped about spending 220+ just for a key.
werd
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Yes, and that is one of the reasons the Duval Motors shut down it's OEMPartsDirect site. They lost their shirts on that one, all due to the rush of MBWorld orders.

Put that price out of your mind. It should have never happened in the first place.

By the way, that domain name was purchased by another outfit, later.
They weren't the only ones selling for that price. Many dealerships sold for that price also. The "data error" was the realization that MB owners are at the mercy of a proprietary system and have the ability to ream your Ahole at their pleasure.

OEMPartsDirect was not owned by Duval but a Virginian dealership.

Lets thank the folks who got OEMPartsDirect in trouble by *****ing to MBUSA about security issues. Like somebody is gonna go through those loops to steal a C Class Benz when 60K cars/trucks can be stolen by thugs with a flathead.

Last edited by govertime; 10-07-2008 at 01:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Key Style for my C Class