C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Bi-xenons Installation Turns Into Problems Please Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Bi-Xenons Installation Turns Into Problems Please Help !!!!

Recently I installed the Bi-Xenon Headlights. Nice and simple plug and play. I installed them without bumper removal. It was fast and easy unlike some people on here say just remove the bumper.You didnt have to, all you had to do is loosen it a little. But anyways I want to know how do you put the clamps back on so I can put the bumper back on properly. Thats one of the hardest part to do when reinstalling everything back. Also I turn the xenons on and they are flickering like camera flash shots. I turn them off. When the car is park they work fine, but while driving its another story. My settings havent been changed yet so is there a way where you can you drive without the settings being changed as of yet ? Please help me. Also Im afraid the dealer dont want to change any settings to Xenons present bc they said it didnt come with the car, they are not plug and play and you will need new harness and connectors and everything.

Last edited by w203_amg; 08-13-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
I have never removed a front bumper myself, so I can't help you with regards to the clamps.

But I do know that you really HAVE TO GET YOUR CAR REPROGRAMMED THROUGH STAR to xenons = present ASAP! If you don't do this, you will 'kill' your headlights if you turn them on.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

Well I turned the xenons on once I finished the install. I had them on for about 5 minutes. I have turned them off, and havent turned them back on since. So will leaving them on for that long mess up my xenons if settings havent been changed ? Why will having the xenons on mess them up. I heard that once you get them installl the computer is aware to run 35w on xenons. But I dont understand why they flicker. But I really need to drive my car at night time is there a way where I can do it ? Prehaps having fogs and city lights on ? Will that do anything to the xenons ?

Last edited by w203_amg; 08-13-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:37 PM

2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
Leaving them on the way you did is no problem I believe. 'BigSis' is talking about leaving them on when they are flickering. I installed mine and had the dealer change my settings to bi-xenon, it took them 3 times to get it right. Hope you have better luck. Just make sure to tell them to SAVE the settings!

As far as the clamps go......if I remeber corectly there is a pin that sticks up that you have to slide the clamp onto at an angle (if you look at the clamp you can see the slot that the pin slides into). Once they are on the pin, then you can rotate the clip over the two pieces (bumper and fender) and secure it down. hope that makes sense.

When I was having all the problems with my dealer changing the setting I found that if you turn the lights on with the car off and let them stay on for at least 20 - 30 seconds and then start the car, they would work fine the whole time (only had to do it twice, but it worked).
Old 08-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Almost a Member!

like the post above mentioned you can bypass the voltage check for the xenons by turning on the lights for 10 seconds before you start the car, but when the car is running and you need to turn them on you can do this by turning the switch to manual (the one next to auto) when you see your headlight flash quickly turn on your fogs by pulling on the switch, that will also bypass the check.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by w203_amg
But anyways I want to know how do you put the clamps back on so I can put the bumper back on properly. Thats one of the hardest part to do when reinstalling everything back.
...erm...there is a (valid!) reason why people advise to take the front bumper off...

greetingz,
Old 05-09-2008, 03:55 PM

c230 kompressor
quick question, has anyone done the ECU upgrade and changed Xenon=Present and still have flickering?