C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

E vs C comparisons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 E430 SE, '02 Avalanche Z66, '06 R-350
E vs C comparisons

I took a look at the '06 E55 and could not help being impressed. Man!

One thing did stick to the back of my head; it FELT a lot bigger than my 430.

I WANT an AMG car, I just want it! So I'll go back and take a look at the C55, but I wanted to know what some of you think are the things I may regret/be glad about if I do make the change.

I posted this on the 210 forum, and I wanted your opinions here at the 203.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
The C class AMG is just plain FAST. It also has wonderful brakes. Where it falls down a bit is the rear seat passengers better be small, and be friends, because it is a little tight. The comfort of the C class seats is slightly less than the E class in the opinion of my posterior, but it is more than compensated for the fact that the car is FAST.

The carbon fiber and steel interior is not my cup of tea, but I think there are some "Designo" finishes available.

Some items on the C cost more than the E, like the COMAND navigation, and there is a bill to be paid for some items that come standard on the E, like Bi Xenon lamps. (needed if you fly at night.)

For me the C has better visibility, and it has a great turning circle. It is easier to park.

One of the best things is that the 50K C55 blows the doors off a 50K E class.

Inventory is thin on the C55's but if you have 90 days to wait, go for European Delivery. You get 7% off the MSRP, and the destination charge is waived. You get the exact equipment you want, and can use MB Credit. I would be amazed if your local dealer is interested in matching that! A factory visit is pleasant, and you get to go as fast as it is safe on many German Autobahns.

One incedental benefit of a C class is that most of the public thinks you paid 90K for it.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
i had a chance to choose between c, e, and s. i chose c based on not only more money in my pocket, but also because of the c-class size. as a college student, parking in ann arbor, mi is horrible and size matters on where you can park and (espcially parallel park). also, none of my friends are fat so we all fit perfectly in the c-class. occassionally, i do see a fat person in a c and i cannot believe my eyes. not cool.