C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

lower speed vibrations now... .please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005 | 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
lower speed vibrations now... .please help

Driving home tonight after the movie (Transporter 2.... great movie btw). We get on interstate and it's under construction. Doing 65 in a 70 because the asphalt is all stripped and cut up, waiting for the new layer. We come up on a bridge and as we get onto it, the difference in elevation between old asphalt and bridge was too much. Loud impact but nothing seemed to be out of ordinary other than locks popping. We get near home, and as i am decelerating a strong vibration kicks in. On way home, I figure out that it starts out from a stop even and it gets faster as speed increases, until 60-65 where the vibration goes away. Alignment? Bent wheels? Any ideas or what I should look for?
Thanks for advice
Electro
Old 09-06-2005 | 01:57 AM

c240
sounds like a bent rim
Old 09-06-2005 | 02:02 AM
JeT

There are some great threads canvassing similar problems. Doing a search wouldn't go astray.
Old 09-06-2005 | 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Thanks for the nice review of Transporter 2.

The problem could be a bushing that has been thrashed in the suspension.
Old 09-06-2005 | 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Nope. So far, It defineatly is a badly bent front driver side rim and slightly bent rear rim. I am going to have to change back to the c7's to see if any damage occurred to the suspension. I did a search and some people on this forum said they got their rims (that don't have a lip) repaired but others said that they couldn't repair the rim unless it had a lip. Anyone know for a fact what the deal with wheel repairs are, before i make myself out to be an idiot when I call the 2 shops closest to me? BTW, The closest repair shop that I found is a good 80-100 miles away from me.... so I am trying to figure out if it's worth it or if I should just try to contact mille miglia and see if they have any in their warehouse. I think they discontinued the rim which is why I didn't see it on tireracks site last night. Anyhow..... the good news for me is I didn't have a blowout and get into an accident....... bad idea to have left that lane wide open for someone to lose control and get into an accident.

Moviela: Yah.... Transporter 2 was a fun movie. A8 w12 is always cool , plus the g/f liked the movie too so it worked out great for me.
Old 09-07-2005 | 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I hate a bent wheel, so frustrating, but thats what you get when the road work goes to the lowest bidder, and they hire people that had to struggle to finish the 8th grade.

I have used Faith Plating in Hollywood for repairs on my Mahle wheels from Porsche. Their paint, polish, and plating looks better than factory. I know its a bit far, but UPS goes everywhere. Reach them through www.bumper.com