C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New here and here's my new benz!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Jim Banville
How can you NOT hate some rich kid recklessly endangering lives on the road and being rewarding by negligent parents?
because we hate the slow *** Toyota Aristo driver who drives 50mph on the freeway when everyone else is going 75mph even more.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Originally Posted by FrankW
because we hate the slow *** Toyota Aristo driver who drives 50mph on the freeway when everyone else is going 75mph even more.
FrankW for President!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:00 PM

C 230K Coupé
I would make sense to blame the accident on racing if he was driving recklessly. But going 80 on the freeway is nothing, i drive that fast all the time. Getting cut off by some guy going 50 and not being able to stop in time is an entirely dif. story. And there's a difference between being spoiled and well off. Face it some families make a lot more income than others. Why would they get their kids cheaper cars when their income allows them to get a better one. Just cause someone's parents get their kids a MB or BMW doesn't make them spoiled.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
I would make sense to blame the accident on racing if he was driving recklessly. But going 80 on the freeway is nothing, i drive that fast all the time. Getting cut off by some guy going 50 and not being able to stop in time is an entirely dif. story. And there's a difference between being spoiled and well off. Face it some families make a lot more income than others. Why would they get their kids cheaper cars when their income allows them to get a better one. Just cause someone's parents get their kids a MB or BMW doesn't make them spoiled.
#1 - 20 mph over the posted speed is often in itself considered "reckless" by statute (and I bet he was going a LOT faster than that if the truth be known).
#2 - a 20 year old going 20 mph over the posted speed limit is "reckless" in my book in any case.
#3 - a 20 year old going 20 over the posted speed limit WHILE RACING should get their license suspended, if not by the state, then by RESPONSIBLE PARENTS who are footing the bills, for at LEAST 6 months, followed by letting the kid buy their own car with whatever money they have saved up since they showed no ability to take care of the first one that was given to them. If the 20 year old doesn't like that, then they can move out, buy their own car AND their own insurance and pay for school.

But all that may be a little harsh. I mean we're only talking LIFE and DEATH here

PS- How about editing the title of this thread to remove the word "my"?

PSS- And you guy's are gonna have to do better than pick on the undisputed #1 luxury car brand if you want to get under my skin

Last edited by Jim Banville; 09-09-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:28 AM

I realize i was driving stupid and will never do it again, i learned a huuuge lesson and no one got hurt. In fact the guy i hit got a **** load of money for it, so he's better off now.

I respect what my parents are able to get me and i respect what my dad does (you have no idea how hard he works) to afford these things, and i consider myself extremely lucky and i cant explain how grateful i am

I also respect people that work for their own cars, and work hard to get their c class or to even pay for their hondas

What i dont respect is bitter/jealous/less fortunate sons of *****es that have no idea who i am and have no clue how grateful i am for these things or what it takes my family to get them. Especially when they continue to make stupid *** comments just cause i drive something as nice/nicer than what they drive and im 20

Im a full time student, and even though i dont need to, i still hold a part time job to help with some extra expenses and to give me some responsibility

Its sooo funny how in every single forum there is a handful of people who automatically attack the "spoiled" kids. Attack me all you want, thats great. I respect whatever is it you do and if you choose to still be offended cause of the benefits that comes with my dad working his *** off. Congrats on being a bitter closed minded ***

I wont say anything else on this topic, just had to get my side out there

And for all of those that welcomed me kindly, thank you and its great being here!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 AM

C 230K Coupé
Sorry Jim, you're not the one making laws here... thank god. 20 over the speed limit is not reckless driving. Reckless driving is either double the speed limit or on the freeways, over 100mph.
The Lexus GS is a very fine car though, you got me there .
Old 09-09-2005, 04:51 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Lexus = #1 Toyota...that's just IMO.I have to say the new GS is a very nice car indeed, but I'd get a GS if they were named Aristo and $20k cheaper like they should be when they are sold in Japan.

jokes aside, Jim, do you honestly believe what you said? You are saying them like you've never raced anyone on impulse when you were young?

Last edited by FrankW; 09-09-2005 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by e. Love
I realize i was driving stupid and will never do it again, i learned a huuuge lesson and no one got hurt. In fact the guy i hit got a **** load of money for it, so he's better off now.

I respect what my parents are able to get me and i respect what my dad does (you have no idea how hard he works) to afford these things, and i consider myself extremely lucky and i cant explain how grateful i am

I also respect people that work for their own cars, and work hard to get their c class or to even pay for their hondas

What i dont respect is bitter/jealous/less fortunate sons of *****es that have no idea who i am and have no clue how grateful i am for these things or what it takes my family to get them. Especially when they continue to make stupid *** comments just cause i drive something as nice/nicer than what they drive and im 20

Im a full time student, and even though i dont need to, i still hold a part time job to help with some extra expenses and to give me some responsibility

Its sooo funny how in every single forum there is a handful of people who automatically attack the "spoiled" kids. Attack me all you want, thats great. I respect whatever is it you do and if you choose to still be offended cause of the benefits that comes with my dad working his *** off. Congrats on being a bitter closed minded ***

I wont say anything else on this topic, just had to get my side out there

And for all of those that welcomed me kindly, thank you and its great being here!
I'm backing you up 100% Some ppl just don't know where we come from.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e. Love
i drive something as nice/nicer than what they drive and im 20
EXACTLY! I'm glad you're showing your true colors

I stuck "reckless driving" into google and the first state that popped up was Va...
Reckless driving - speeding in excess of 80 mph (11 years)
Reckless driving - speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)
Reckless driving - racing (11 years)

He was doing all this (and probably a few improper lane changes too). Throw in the fact that he caused and wreck in the process and guess how many years he could've received had he been in Va.?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Another spoiled kid without any responsibility (wrecks an expensive car into an innocent motorist while racing and gets a brand new Mercedes as his punishment from mommy and daddy) Just what this forum needs
Haven't you been banned yet?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tyro
Haven't you been banned yet?
To bad you didn't get ahold of the poor guy this kid hit so you could stop chasing all those ambulances
Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Now children... Let's pick up our squeeky toys, put them in the storage box with the clown on the side and get ready for our nappy, shall we?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:31 PM

c240
i go to usd, its a good school, very nice bro. u got the same rims as i do.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by baodovvn
i go to usd, its a good school, very nice bro. u got the same rims as i do.
USD...Good school as well! I believe it's a brother-school to LMU (from what I vaguely remember).
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
EXACTLY! I'm glad you're showing your true colors

I stuck "reckless driving" into google and the first state that popped up was Va...
Reckless driving - speeding in excess of 80 mph (11 years)
Reckless driving - speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)
Reckless driving - racing (11 years)

He was doing all this (and probably a few improper lane changes too). Throw in the fact that he caused and wreck in the process and guess how many years he could've received had he been in Va.?

ok wtf?? years? for speeding?, the worst offense while driving is a DWI and thats only a 7 month suspension? Even driving without a liscense is a slap on the wrist and thats putting more people in danger than anything else. You only see jail time if your a repeat offenser and the jail time is minimal. where the hell are you getting 11 years for wreckless drivng. Hell I got a ticket going 75 in a 35 (country road not residential) and all I got was 2 points and 150$ fine. I guess thats jersey for ya.

On a lighter note SWEET RIDE!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
ok wtf?? years? for speeding?, the worst offense while driving is a DWI and thats only a 7 month suspension? Even driving without a liscense is a slap on the wrist and thats putting more people in danger than anything else. You only see jail time if your a repeat offenser and the jail time is minimal. where the hell are you getting 11 years for wreckless drivng. Hell I got a ticket going 75 in a 35 (country road not residential) and all I got was 2 points and 150$ fine. I guess thats jersey for ya.

On a lighter note SWEET RIDE!

It was directly cut/paste from VA's legal webpage. I believe the years are what you COULD receive.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:43 PM

C 230K Coupé
From my experience, here in cali reckless driving is only double the speed limit and going over 100mph. That's when the cops can actually arrest you for reckless driving. Everything else has been speeding tickets. I've never heard in my life that someone got reckless driving for going 20mph over the posted speed limit.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
e.Love, how did you wreck your Audi? It looks like you rear ended an 18 wheeler's trailer.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
From my experience, here in cali reckless driving is only double the speed limit and going over 100mph. That's when the cops can actually arrest you for reckless driving. Everything else has been speeding tickets. I've never heard in my life that someone got reckless driving for going 20mph over the posted speed limit.
Then be careful if you drive out of LALALand. Here in Texas, you can be cited for reckless at the discretion of the officer. If he/she judges your lane changes as too aggressive, you can get cited for recklessness, for instance.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:39 PM

C 230K Coupé
Ouuuch, thx for the info MB-Bob, scary how dif. states can be so much stricter on somethings.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 PM

I got a reckless driving when I race my 500 hp 300ZX twin turbo with Viper on the 10 freeway near 605.(For those live in L.A.) we were only went up to 80 mph because the traffic, we both got pull over and both got the same reckless driving, the fine is about $670. Thats about 8 years ago !! :p
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

C 230K Coupé
Heh well racing is a whole dif story... i was mainly talking about just speeding. The 10 freeway isn't really a good place to race at. Just wondering, how did BOTH of you get pulled over? Was there more than 1 cop?
Old 09-10-2005, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrankW
I have to say the new GS is a very nice car indeed, but I'd get a GS if they were named Aristo and $20k cheaper like they should be when they are sold in Japan.
IN REALITY, the Lexus GS 350/430 went on sale in Japan on August 30th with the Lexus branding and with those model numbers, starting at $47K