C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

sunroof switch hiccup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy sunroof switch hiccup

Last night, when I went to shut the sunroof on my coupe, the switch would not respond for a couple of seconds-- even playing with it. Then it worked again fine. This morning it was fine, too.

What do you think? Should I try to bring it in? Frankly, I am sick of getting the little problems looked at and my gut tells me to wait. But my experience with prototype cars and as an engineer tell me that if something is wrong, it will not likely go away.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K Coupe
Don't think you'd need to come in to hear, "well, if it happens again give us a call but it is ok now". Just FYI, the switch was out of sync on my car and didn't work at all and it started with a hesitation as you describe. The owners manual has a procedure written on how to re-sync if it does quit all together. It hasn't failed me since.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:33 PM

That's what I needed to hear. I'll give it a try if it happens again.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2002, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
No offense intended, but - OH MY GOD! A switch acts up once and you're considering taking the car to the shop?! People... NOTHING IS PERFECT.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 PM

Damn you, Jim!!

I'm kidding!

I hear you. And that is usually my reaction, too. But I just had the dealer go through my entire driver's side window b/c of a chronic problem with the window going up halfway then back down. I am being overly sensitive about the one incident, but it is reminiscent of the previous problem.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that these little niggles do not compare to the substantial performance problems that others have had. But I have owned 6 other 'lesser', cheaper and OLDER cars that have not been nearly as tempermental as this one.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:53 PM
rrf

rrf

kompress is right,

Just a simple switch or not, if it doesn't work, one would be better off without the sunroof, till it is fixed. Hope that it can be resynced.

Also, try your Key-activated sunroof "open", that should help you diagnose if it is the sunroof switch itself or the system that is confused.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:06 AM

2001 C240
i had the problem with the switch as well.... but mine would just close about 2 inches at each touch of the switch... but it would open perfectly.... took it to the dealer and got it fixed... i don't let little problems pass me by b/c then they group and then your car falls apart... i'm always on top of the problems... i've had window problems on this car too... and the second it happens i'm on the way to the dealer... and that's b/c when i had an ml320 my driver window was fixed about 5 times... the first two times it got stuck down and i had to take it to the dealer open... by the third time i would just take the door panel off, connect to wires from the battery and right into the window motor... and up it went... have a good one guys