C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
Need Alarm Help

I have been to two places and they refuse to install the alarm in the Benz. Any ideas? Thanx
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by eunosracr
I have been to two places and they refuse to install the alarm in the Benz. Any ideas? Thanx
First, how 'bout putting what MY (Model Year) and type of car you have, so that everybody can understand what version you have.

2nd, why would you want to install an aftermarket alarm? Depending on whether you have a coupe or a sedan, I'd say just purchase the IMS (Internal Motion Sensor), have that installed, have Steve activate it when he's in your area and it will be just as useful as an aftermarket alarm.

Here's a link of Sunman's thread about the IMS.
LINK: Sunman's IMS thread
Old 10-20-2005, 06:46 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
The alarm places told me that they can't do any alarm system on my car when I first purchased my car so I decided not to get anything since I think the benz seems too tuff to steal unless someone is going to take the whole car by towing.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:08 AM

2005 MB C230 Kompressor
Well if its a Key then ya any1 can just jump in! but if its smart key THEN theres a whole diffrent story!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Since we are on the topic, how much security does the MB alarm provide? Is there a kill switch, I thinking since the key is a laser/chip key then it would probably be pretty tough to steal
Old 10-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Almost a Member!

1998 e420 ( 210 / 119 )
how alarming !

check out python, my vehicle is secure with the system, however my car is elder to yours. remote start, etc, 3 mile radius on pagfe alerting if violation occurs on vehicle. good luck. if you need more input , e mehttps://mbworld.org/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1317848#
Old 10-21-2005, 06:23 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
My apologies. I have an 06 c230 sedan. I am not worried about the car being stolen. These cars are not big targets for theft. I am more concerned with breaking into the car, messing with the car etc. I want something with a paging system so i know what is going on w/ the car. Any ideas? Thanx !
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
My apologies. I have an 06 c230 sedan. I am not worried about the car being stolen. These cars are not big targets for theft. I am more concerned with breaking into the car, messing with the car etc. I want something with a paging system so i know what is going on w/ the car. Any ideas? Thanx !
Hmmm...that's interesting. Well, the IMS will take care of anybody trying to break into the car, but as far as a paging system is concerned, I don't think that's available through the stock system.

Maybe an alarm shop could figure out a way to tap into the IMS that will trigger a separate alert remote?...I really don't know, just talking out of my butt cuz I don't really know too much of how the IMS is setup/wired to the alarm.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:23 PM

c230k
When i went to get a keyless engine start and a alarm system they said they couldnt do it cause mercedes use laser cut keys so they would need the code stuff from the laser key that it sends out or something.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Almost a Member!

1998 e420 ( 210 / 119 )
alarm

check it out, hope this helps you ! works great . the installer did have to have an extra ignition key to mount in a box under my dash <<<>>>>

enter your 5 digit zip code to locate a MATRIX retailer nearest you:

MATRIX - RESPONDER
Responder | LED 2-Way | Security | Remote Start | Security with
Remote Start | GPS Tracking Systems | Accessories | Feature Chart

Brochure
Responder Technology from Matrix
The Ultimate 2-Way Security and Remote Start Systems!

Optional 1-way
Companion Remote
for Matrix RSX 3.5
and Matrix RSX 1.5

Time Magazine - Clifford Matrix RS3 Review:
"The Mother of All Remotes"

Responder Systems from Matrix are simply the most advanced 2-Way Security and Remote Start systems in the world! The interactive display on the Responder remote confirms all commands - virtually instantly - with easy to understand icons, plus text! It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course the RSX 3.5 and RSX 1.5 will start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you'll get confirmation back that it started, from up to one-quarter mile away!

Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder Technology
5 channel remote start*/security/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver LCD screen
Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill
Anti-Grind
Dual Zone Shock Sensor
Six-Tone Siren
Super Bright LED System Status Indicator
Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
Defroster Output
Built-in Turbo Timer
3 Auxiliary outputs
Dome Light Supervision
Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver

Clifford Matrix 10.5X 2-Way Security System with Responder Technology
6-channel 2-Way security/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver LCD screen
Code Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
On-board Door Lock Relays
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill – On-board Relay
Remote Adjustable Dual Zone Shock Sensor
Six-Tone Siren
Dome Light Supervision – On-board Relay
Retained Accessory Power
Comfort Closure
5 Auxiliary Outputs
Horn Honk
Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver and One 4-button Transmitter

Clifford Matrix RSX 1.5 2-Way Remote Start System with Responder Technology
4-channel remote start/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system status on the transmitter LCD screen
Code Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill
Anti-Grind
Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
Defroster Output
Built-in Turbo Timer
2 auxiliary outputs

MATRIX REMOTE START SYSTEMS ARE INTENDED FOR FUEL-INJECTED, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION VEHICLES ONLY.

Responder Security Screen:

Users adjust the sensitivity of the Shock Sensor from the remote.

Individual Sensor icons appear on screen (Pictured: Ultrasonic Sensor.)

All Sensor icons now include the word Sensor (Pictured: Shock Sensor.)

Responder alerts you to individual sensor triggers (Pictured: Digital Tilt Sensor.)

Responder Security with Remote Start / Responder Remote Start screen:

The Hammer and Alarm icons alert you when the system has been triggered.
The Exhaust icon will confirm when the vehicle has entered or exited remote start mode.

The Door trigger and Ignition icons will notify when system has been triggered. Idle state always shows the arm or disarm status and battery level.

The Hood and Trunk icons will indicate if the hood or trunk has been opened when the system is armed.

© 2001-2004, All rights reserved, Directed Electronics Inc., Vista, CA.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Originally Posted by razorfish228
The alarm places told me that they can't do any alarm system on my car when I first purchased my car so I decided not to get anything since I think the benz seems too tuff to steal unless someone is going to take the whole car by towing.
Rule #1: Nothing is ever too "hard" to steal. It's all proportionate to demand for your car. I had a friend years ago who had a GSR and even with best alarms his interior was stripped many times over, due to high demand for the parts. Professional thieves are just as tech savy as we like to think we are
Old 10-22-2005, 03:44 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by electromethod
Rule #1: Nothing is ever too "hard" to steal. It's all proportionate to demand for your car. I had a friend years ago who had a GSR and even with best alarms his interior was stripped many times over, due to high demand for the parts. Professional thieves are just as tech savy as we like to think we are
I have never heard of a c230 stolen. I have heard of over 10 gsrs stolen. That is simply because of the mass appeal of the gsr engine and their interiors by all the ricer kids dropping these parts into their interiors. I plan on getting the clifford but the problem I am having is alarm shops refusing to mess with the Benz because it is a Mercedes and because it is too new. They all keep giving me a **** and bull story about the car being too new yada yada yada.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Well, if you read my post closely, I already stated that it is because of HIGH DEMAND for parts. If they want your WHOLE car, they will take the DAMN thing, but 230K isn't exactly a car on the hott list so that's not a concern to me. I have seen and heard of plenty of people getting their cars broken into and parts taken (MB and non MB). Many people on this board have posted about it... VIK for example had his headrests taken out of his ML.... a while back, sorry to bring up bad memories pal.....
I have had my cars broken into many many times over the years, **** luck and a result of displaying at car shows.... I have alarms, not to prevent theft but to prevent vandalism.... that's it. I don't delude myself into feeling secure with an alarm.
Quite frankly, I am doubtful that you are going to a "reputable" install shop. Ask to see the install shops portfolio, etc. It's also proportionate to how much $ you are willing to spend for the install. It would help if you posted your location as well so maybe some members here could steer you in the right direction. If all else fails, contact the manufacturer of the alarm. Best of luck....
Old 10-22-2005, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Question....

What are you going to do if your car pages you that someone is messing with it enough to trigger the alarm and you actually get to it in time to catch them in the act? Exchange bullets over a broken window or missing seat and either die or go to jail? Or challenge some crack head to a fight? Just curious why you want to be paged and what you think you will do.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Some people would risk their lives by getting into a confrontation over their property. Wasn't there a guy on vwvortex or nasioc that caught some thug spray painting his car? If i remember the thug got his a$$ beat badly..... Anyhow, there was a guy I used to ride with about 9 years ago in college that had the paging system for his truck. It was a slammed truck with hydraulics etc.... sweet vehicle .... his alarm system would page him and give him options of locking doors and powering up windows while he contacted authorities...... I always thought those options were more for show than practicality. I had another friend who just had a plain paging one he got because thugs were repeatedly vandalizing his car. Me, I coulnd't care about vandalism...... my life is more valuable. :p :p
Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by mleskovar
What are you going to do if your car pages you that someone is messing with it enough to trigger the alarm and you actually get to it in time to catch them in the act? Exchange bullets over a broken window or missing seat and either die or go to jail? Or challenge some crack head to a fight? Just curious why you want to be paged and what you think you will do.
I am in Miami Fl and yes I have been in this situatin before. I had this happen to my s2000. You guys may or may not know but s2000 seats are in high demand. These fools slash your top and try to steal your seats. I had just gotten home and was watching tv. To make a long story short the pager went off.I went outside with my gun. They were in the process of taking off my car cover which triggered the proximity sensor setting off the pager. I ran outside and held the guy at gunpoint while i called the cops, his friends left him there. Cops showed up 10 minutes later. So yes I will go outside and protect my property. I am not afraid to fight nor am I afraid to take somebody on who is messing with my car. I am not dumb nor will I go outside without my gun.

The first time this kind of thing happened I was woken up in the middle of the night by the pager. Again they were taking off the car cover. They were trying to get my HRE's. This is before I had bought my gun so I went outside barefisted. It was only one guy and we got into it. At that time i was living at home and my parents heard the scuffle and called the cops. My brothers came out and we beat the snot out of the kid. Cops showed up 10 minutes later and took him away. Then the kid tried to sue me for his injuries and use of excessive force. Needless to say that didnt go far. The kid got a year in jail because he had priors.

Last edited by eunosracr; 10-22-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by electromethod
Well, if you read my post closely, I already stated that it is because of HIGH DEMAND for parts. If they want your WHOLE car, they will take the DAMN thing, but 230K isn't exactly a car on the hott list so that's not a concern to me. I have seen and heard of plenty of people getting their cars broken into and parts taken (MB and non MB). Many people on this board have posted about it... VIK for example had his headrests taken out of his ML.... a while back, sorry to bring up bad memories pal.....
I have had my cars broken into many many times over the years, **** luck and a result of displaying at car shows.... I have alarms, not to prevent theft but to prevent vandalism.... that's it. I don't delude myself into feeling secure with an alarm.
Quite frankly, I am doubtful that you are going to a "reputable" install shop. Ask to see the install shops portfolio, etc. It's also proportionate to how much $ you are willing to spend for the install. It would help if you posted your location as well so maybe some members here could steer you in the right direction. If all else fails, contact the manufacturer of the alarm. Best of luck....
I dont have a problem paying for the install. The problem i am encountering is all the shops are saying that none of them have the schematics for the 06 yet.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
im with drex, get IMS and call it a day. im getting mine installed in 2 weeks!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:58 PM

2005 C230SS 6spd Blk/Blk, 2006 C350 SS 6spd Blk/Blk
Teleaid does it all for you. They will call you if your alarm goes off.

I also understand that the standard key with 2005 and 2006's are nearly impossible to duplicate. The code changes everytime. It would be nearly impossible to steal the car.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
doesnt the pre 05 have rolling code? i thought so, i may be wrong.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by neilsam
Teleaid does it all for you. They will call you if your alarm goes off.

I also understand that the standard key with 2005 and 2006's are nearly impossible to duplicate. The code changes everytime. It would be nearly impossible to steal the car.

Can anyone confirm this?
That is true. Even if a thief were to clone your key, it would not work unless it was set as an additional key in the cars computer. A dental student could make a casting of the metal key, but it would only let them in the car and the glove box.

You do not need to drive a car away. Miss a payment, and watch your car dissappear.

If your car was not taken by the finance company, a Lojack transponder can help the police find your car. Let them deal with the crooks, as they have guns and everything.

I have heard, but can't confirm that there is a 'workshop key" that plugs into the jack under the steering wheel. It is said to jump on the CAN bus and start the car. Again, I have not confirmed this.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:44 AM

Where in Miami dude?

:v
Old 10-23-2005, 06:37 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by chkdg8
Where in Miami dude?

:v
Kendall