C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

reminding needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005 | 10:38 PM

05' C240
reminding needed

Someone please remind me why we all fell in love with Mercedes. My dream car is turning out to be a lemon. I'm begining to think all of today's mercedes are just a bunch of hype and hot air. So sad...so, so sad.
Old 10-21-2005 | 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I don't feel your car is a lemon. A few niggly electrical problems should be quickly sorted by your dealer on Mercedes tab. The driving habits of today's car is so much nicer than cars of just ten years ago. The engine management systems make the car behave like a mechanic is on board. Are they complicated? Yes, but you get so much utility from computers controlling the vehicle. ESP and ABS can save your bacon from burning. Systems to tell you when service is needed (like lamp out, and airbag deployment) from the need to constantly inspect your car for safety defects. The engine controls have made gas mileage, horsepower, and driveability go up, while polution, routine service, and total cost of ownership has gone down.

I doubt you own any other product with so many parts that performs so well as a Mercedes-Benz. Some people argue that Japanese made cars have fewer problems, but every time I drive by Greg Penske's Lexus store the garage is full of new vehicles.

I have had a couple of unscheduled service visits, for foggy fog lights, and an alarm siren with laryngitis. Both were in stock at the dealer, and I was treated with the utmost care and consideration. None of that makes me think any less of the brand.

You chose wisely in selecting a Mercedes-Benz, now go have fun!