C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Evosport or Kleemann pullies for c230k ss?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2005 | 04:04 AM

Evosport or Kleemann pullies for c230k ss?

Yes this has been covered 10,000 times but I think we all want to know what would be the best buy financially with keeping the standard of quality, craftmanship and performance. Here's the deal. Evosport sells a set of underdrive pullies and that's it. No K-Box and no air filter (K&N) which I already have and so do many others who plan on buying a pulley set. The Evosport kit is also 3-4 times cheaper than Kleemann's kit with the option to bypass on Kleemann's K-box and go with your own ECU upgrade such as Powerchip. With Evosport you can mix and match (headers, exhaust ect..) Kleemann strictly does not recommend this process so your forced to buy all Kleemann product.

Look, Kleemann is a superb product from people on this forum and others I know personally but I see more drivers on here with non-Kleemann pullies along with other peformance mods and in the proccess they're saving a lot of money.

Is the Kleemann Engine Performance Kit mechanically superior to Evosport pullies? Do either one of them produce a higher hp gain? I'm planning to buy something nice for myself on my birthday so I'll be more than happy to be the guinea pig and post dyno results for everyone.

Thanks

:v
Old 11-16-2005 | 08:38 AM

2010 C300
Evosport doesn't have a pully set for the M271 (your car). They've posted here that they are (were?) working on it, but so far, no other information. No idea if they're still going to pursue it.

Not sure who else has one. I know of another company working on it, but nothing yet.
Old 11-16-2005 | 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
YES!!! Kleemann is far more superior in their boost kit than evosport.
Old 11-16-2005 | 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know with all the talk about pulleys from the good old days of the 2002 C230 some people get confused. This is my understanding of what the status is; Evosport and ASP and both testing their pulleys, neither have a product today but many keep hoping. Kleemann had a product that was part of a group buy on another forum and when those initial dozen or so sets where sold they decided not to make any more. Renntech and Carlsson are the only ones with pulley kits for the 2003 and newer C230's and since they are priced rather high and the gains so low, there are very few in existance and anyone that has installed it should speak up but I would guess that there are maybe 2 Renntech or Carlsson pulleys installed on all the forums I participated in combined.
Old 11-17-2005 | 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
I know with all the talk about pulleys from the good old days of the 2002 C230 some people get confused. This is my understanding of what the status is; Evosport and ASP and both testing their pulleys, neither have a product today but many keep hoping. Kleemann had a product that was part of a group buy on another forum and when those initial dozen or so sets where sold they decided not to make any more. Renntech and Carlsson are the only ones with pulley kits for the 2003 and newer C230's and since they are priced rather high and the gains so low, there are very few in existance and anyone that has installed it should speak up but I would guess that there are maybe 2 Renntech or Carlsson pulleys installed on all the forums I participated in combined.
Buellwinkle, you're right about those users who have a kit installed needing to speak up. I think that this is the second most important performance mod after a K&N filter and more information needs to be circulated about the benefits or drawbacks from our drivers. According to your post, I wasn't aware that Kleemann does not make their kit anymore. My mod guy at http://www.c2dusa.com/ is still able to get his hands on a kit.

Old 11-21-2005 | 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
You forget Digitec--- 3 pulleys and a flash for the w271 for $2000 total, including the installation in that price... They claim 40 horsepower, but I will be happy with 30-35.

I am heading there tomorrow for it.
Old 11-22-2005 | 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Never heard of them but that's great. Make sure you do a dyno before and after, I never heard of those kind of gains on the M271 motor. Remember, 40HP at the crank shows up as about 35HP on the chassis dyno and they usually advertise crank HP and not rear wheel HP. Take pics of the pulleys if you can.
Old 11-22-2005 | 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by spankdoggie
You forget Digitec--- 3 pulleys and a flash for the w271 for $2000 total, including the installation in that price... They claim 40 horsepower, but I will be happy with 30-35.

I am heading there tomorrow for it.
I've googled Digitec pullies and they seem to be a wild goose chase. Is there an official site for Digitec? Every time I come across a link, it's either dead or it links to mini cooper forums which leads to other dead links. Too much linking and not enough product. Also, it seems like this product is only avaliable in GB. Help us out spankdoggie.
Thanks

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:28 AM

2010 C300
Originally Posted by chkdg8
I've googled Digitec pullies and they seem to be a wild goose chase. Is there an official site for Digitec? Every time I come across a link, it's either dead or it links to mini cooper forums which leads to other dead links. Too much linking and not enough product. Also, it seems like this product is only avaliable in GB. Help us out spankdoggie.
Thanks

10 seconds after a google search...

Digi-Tec
7552 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
1-877-534-4483
714-375-1170
714-375-1172 (fax)
info@digi-tec.us

http://www.digi-tec.us/home.html

Doesn't have any info on the specifics, but if you click on "modify your car" and it claims 25-40hp for the C230 (doesn't list by what mods to get this though) I emailed them for more info... will post it if they reply.

Last edited by HoustonC230; 11-22-2005 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-22-2005 | 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

About 3 miles from Evosport, hmm, must be the central hub of pulley activity.
Old 11-22-2005 | 12:11 PM

'14 CLA 45
spank ... you're getting it installed or just checking it out?

30-40 hp for 2k (installed) would def. be nice!!!
Old 11-23-2005 | 01:37 AM

I was going to go in for the install, but had to work.

I am going to emotiongarage near San Jose in California.

Here is a link--- http://www.emotiongarage.com/Merchan...de=MBZ-DIGITEC

Last edited by spankdoggie; 11-23-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
I was going to go in for the install, but had to work.

I am going to emotiongarage near San Jose in California.

Here is a link--- http://www.emotiongarage.com/Merchan...de=MBZ-DIGITEC

is this a pulley kit and chip? or just chip?
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by white_w203
is this a pulley kit and chip? or just chip?
Here is a copy of an email that I received from them last month or so...There are 3 pulleys that are replaced: the crankshaft pulley, water pump pulley, and the idler pulley.

Copy of email from Digitec--------------------------------------

"Thanks for your email.

Digi-tec doesn’t just offer a pulley kit and a separate piggy back box like Kleemann. If you go Digi-Tec, you get a complete tuned package individually tuned for your specific car. The software is not a piggy back, it’s a seamless program direct into your ecu. No worries about dealers seeing an extra box in the engine bay or worrying about the box failing. The software is undetectable by standard Mercedes diagnostics.

The cost of the complete tuning including installation is $1999.99 + tax.

Gains are approx (+30-33hp , 37 ft/lbs torque)

Digi-tec has a 3-year warranty on the software and components.

TUV Certified.

www.digi-tec.de (click on the Deutsch/German site for more info – you might use google’s language translation)

Driving the Digi-tec C230K you will notice that it behaves smoothly just like a mercedes should, only difference is now you have the pull of the extra horses. No jerky response when you get on the gas or any side effects some have mentioned about the Kleemann kit.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if you would like to discuss your car specifically.

Regards,
[name withheld]

Emotion Garage"
-------------------------------------------

So I guess they say 30-33 hp increase, but I like the torque...
Old 11-23-2005 | 03:10 PM

Here is a copy of an email that I received from them last month or so...There are 3 pulleys that are replaced: the crankshaft pulley, water pump pulley, and the idler pulley. So I guess they say 30-33 hp increase, but I like the torque...
Spankdoggie, sorry about the confusion earlier with me finding the site.

Driving the Digi-tec C230K you will notice that it behaves smoothly just like a mercedes should, only difference is now you have the pull of the extra horses. No jerky response when you get on the gas or any side effects some have mentioned about the Kleemann kit.

Do you think this is true what they mention about the Kleemann kit? I'm glad I didn't do this mod yet. I also think there are other concerns with a pulley kit on this engine that needs to be addressed like noise, excess vibration, over heating and reduced power and life of the alternator. It would suck for any of us to drop that kind of money and then suffer slight consequences. Let us know how your install goes.
Thanks

Last edited by Zillarpillow23; 11-23-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 03:39 PM

2010 C300
Originally Posted by chkdg8

Do you think this is true what they mention about the Kleemann kit?
A guy ('angelwings') on another MB forum klaimsse to have had the kleemann kit, removed it, and installed the digi-tec. He said the digi-tec is much more smooth, and overall feels better. ? No clue how legit his claims are, never had a dyno or anything...

Man... I sure have a hard time spelling some times, and that bold button keeps screwing up...
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by HoustonC230
A guy ('angelwings') on another MB forum klaimsse to have had the kleemann kit, removed it, and installed the digi-tec. He said the digi-tec is much more smooth, and overall feels better. ? No clue how legit his claims are, never had a dyno or anything...

Man... I sure have a hard time spelling some times, and that bold button keeps screwing up...
Yeah, thanks for helping me out, Houston... Refer to Houston's post above for my reply... Except that my dear friend, Angelwings, says that it is noticeably faster.

Chkdg8, I wish you well in your endeavors with your car.

Last edited by spankdoggie; 11-23-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Yeah, thanks for helping me out, Houston... Refer to Houston's post above for my reply... Except that my dear friend, Angelwings, says that it is noticeably faster.

Chkdg8, I wish you well in your endeavors with your car.
i say you gentlemen start walking the walk . When's your install date? 2K installed seems about right- hell that's near what I paid (~1800).

flip

Last edited by mig888; 11-23-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-24-2005 | 12:09 AM

It's on now!

I have had the "monetary funds" (that phrase is for the college kids to be impressed at) moved in excel for almost a year...

I am going down there to get it done as soon as possible and we can do a little friendly race and meet with each other...

But once I am installed, we will race like basturds on the lam.

My money is on the Digitec.

Last edited by spankdoggie; 11-24-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2005 | 03:15 AM

It's on now!

I have had the "monetary funds" (that phrase is for the college kids to be impressed at) moved in excel for almost a year...

I am going down there to get it done as soon as possible and we can do a little friendly race and meet with each other...

But once I am installed, we will race like basturds on the lam.

My money is on the Digitec.
Spankdoggie, do you have to have it installed at the Hunington Beach plant or can you use your own mod shop? I emailed them with a couple questions and with concerns on the avaliability of shipment to other cities. I'm down in Miami, Florida. I have the money to do this now but I'll call my shop in Tampa to see if they can order the kit. I'm anxious to see your improvements in performance. I wish you luck and congratulations!

Old 12-02-2005 | 02:30 PM

Spankdoggie, did the install yet?