C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Penske F'd me up and over ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A box on 4 wheels
Penske F'd me up and over ..

2 Months ago I took my C230 to the dealers to get the brake checked out because it was squeeking and vibrating when I was braking. Now I got the car back the next day and was happy that the problem was solved. Hurray? No they F'd me over.. A month later I take my car to Spy Engineering down in San Diego and get my brand new monoblock 6 rims. When they the front 2 wheels off they notice that something was wrong. They used the right size bolts and tested to see if the bolts would acutally go through, It didn't. Immediately he asked if the brakes or anything was worked on that required the wheel to be taken off. He applied some lubrication and used this one tool to clean out the dirt so it made the bolt go in "like butter". So it did and I was happy. Hurray? No not yet, A month later I take my car in for Service A and said my brakes were squeaking again. They gave me a rental and I went home. An hour later I recieved a call and they said the front 2 wheel bolts had to be saw'd off. I was like WTF? They said that the person who installed my rims stripped the front 2 wheels. Now thats complete Bull****, Me, the owner of spy engineering and another friend all saw that the wheels had problems before they put the new rims on. I asked alot of people and they all said when they were fixing my brakes they didnt align there bolts right and air gunned it in stripping my front 2 wheels.

They are charging me $1225.50+Tax to fix the front wheel bearing, hubs, and wheel bolts because "interior components were damaged". Now they dont believe me and im about to pull out the records that my brake was worked on and the wheels had to be taken off. I have 2 eye witness not including me and I'm preparing to press charges. This is complete bull*****. Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my arguement. And yes I am 100% sure the dealer stripped my front 2 wheels not spy engineering. The service manager agrees with me but the Penske Manager disagrees with him. Penske Manager> Service Manager, there still disputing at this moment because the Service Manager is acutally a friend of mine. What to do?
Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I tell the dealer and who ever works on my car never to use a impact gun when putting my rims back on. some guys are just to lazy to use a torque wrench.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:31 PM

hot damn 1225?
Old 11-19-2005, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Yeah dude seriously Im not paying a single penny for that bull*****..
Old 11-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by Cappa26
2 Months ago I took my C230 to the dealers to get the brake checked out because it was squeeking and vibrating when I was braking. Now I got the car back the next day and was happy that the problem was solved. Hurray? No they F'd me over.. A month later I take my car to Spy Engineering down in San Diego and get my brand new monoblock 6 rims. When they the front 2 wheels off they notice that something was wrong. They used the right size bolts and tested to see if the bolts would acutally go through, It didn't. Immediately he asked if the brakes or anything was worked on that required the wheel to be taken off. He applied some lubrication and used this one tool to clean out the dirt so it made the bolt go in "like butter". So it did and I was happy. Hurray? No not yet, A month later I take my car in for Service A and said my brakes were squeaking again. They gave me a rental and I went home. An hour later I recieved a call and they said the front 2 wheel bolts had to be saw'd off. I was like WTF? They said that the person who installed my rims stripped the front 2 wheels. Now thats complete Bull****, Me, the owner of spy engineering and another friend all saw that the wheels had problems before they put the new rims on. I asked alot of people and they all said when they were fixing my brakes they didnt align there bolts right and air gunned it in stripping my front 2 wheels.

They are charging me $1225.50+Tax to fix the front wheel bearing, hubs, and wheel bolts because "interior components were damaged". Now they dont believe me and im about to pull out the records that my brake was worked on and the wheels had to be taken off. I have 2 eye witness not including me and I'm preparing to press charges. This is complete bull*****. Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my arguement. And yes I am 100% sure the dealer stripped my front 2 wheels not spy engineering. The service manager agrees with me but the Penske Manager disagrees with him. Penske Manager> Service Manager, there still disputing at this moment because the Service Manager is acutally a friend of mine. What to do?
I know you're really p'od and probably have every reason to be, but there is no way the dealer is going to accept the fact that they screwed up because Spy was in there at those wheels after the first brake service and before the second. How do they know -- and how would you prove -- that the bolts weren't stripped at Spy? I know you have "witnesses" but Spy would have an interest in denying that they screwed up. As soon as Spy saw something was screwed up when they took the wheels off, you should have been on the phone to the dealer and you should have made a record right then that it was the dealer that made a mistake. Not having called, and with no record (photos for example), you may be screwed. I hope not, given the SM is a friend.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Robert, sorry to hear that they are charging you soo much.

here's my thought,

I tend to agree that dealership services are run by idiots, but in this case it might have been Spy Engineering that did the damage, you never know. For most of the aftermarket wheels the stock front bolts should've worked without using "the same size bolts" Spy told you they used. If the stock bolts works and the bolts Spy Engineering use doesn't work, you know something's up.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
That's such a cute little story.

When you mod, you gotta know what is going on, and what the implications of the mods are. Better start telling your dad you need a bigger allowance.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
haha very funny outland, a bigger allowance. Think everything is going to work out recieved a call from the manager hope everything works out.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
so what was said by the SM?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
so what was said by the SM?
He told him that he would talk to his Dad 'bout the allowance thing....you know...