C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What reactions do you get about your MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
It's funny but if you get a cheap high end car like a C230, Audi A4, Jaguar X, BMW 325 people think you have money. Ironically the same people that think you have money because you drive a low end german car drive high end SUV's that they paid much more for. For example my 2004.5 C230 was 25K new but people on the Jeep forum think I'm a snob yet many have easily paid more than that for their Jeep. A guy at work bought a $48K Ford Expendition but he's more impressed with my car.
so true, my girl paid more for the pathfinder than my C230 yet my car seems to get the "doing pretty well for yourself" remarks. it's sad how people make judgements based on the 3 point star on the hood. it's a friggin entry level benz which i paid probably less than what alot of other people drive. $29k isn't alot for a car nowadays
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
I dont drive an MB, but I agree, people at my school who aren't too "car savvy" think that the few kids with C-classes and 3-series have a much more expensive car than the brand new Tahoes, Yukons, and Silverado's with $10k lift kits, which probably cost at least 10 to 15 grand more.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:10 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Sauceboy01

Doesn't this actually mean that we made a much smarter decision?
depends on how u look at it. for looks and compliments, probably. but i feel i missed out on a better driving experience by choosing this car. noisy, rough 4-banger, sloppy handling, not rated very well in terms of reliability (although i haven't had any problems at this point). i'm thinking others probably made the better choice. the engine in my brothers 4-cylinder altima runs smoother and quieter than mine. you'd think MB could do better. wish i did a better job on my homework before jumping into this car and buying it simply for it's looks. like i tell everyone, it's all show. an associate of mine from work just got the 06' with V6 and i'd be less dissapointed had i gotten that. alittle smoother and quieter. but she does look pretty in the driveway
Old 11-30-2005, 02:13 AM

2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
Around here (N. Mex), I see numerous SUV's and pickup trucks that were more expensive than my MB C230k. Still, the MB seems to get more comments; mostly compliments, but occasionally envy. I bought my car for the driving experience, not to make my neighbors jealous.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180K
No reaction where I live because every other taxi cab is an E-Class

It was different when I had my SLK
Old 11-30-2005, 03:00 AM
EKY

2006 Acura RL - Aspec rims/spoiler, JDM grille
I get a lot of stares and sometimes mean looks..probably jealousy. But as most have posted, a lot of the people staring probably paid more than most of us did. I've gotten stopped in parking lots on several occasions and had conversations with people. They all "assumed" my car costed upwards of $50K+.

Also, in my profession, there's a negative stereotype associated with it. That profession is being in management with McDonald's. When I get out of my car for work, I hear some of the customers saying, "How the heck does he afford that working at this place?" Little to do they know. Another colleague of mine had a C320 and just got the new ML500. She get's the same reaction as well.

I've had a lot of cars thus far, but none of them have gotten the same reaction that I do with my benz. Had a 97 then 99 Acura 3.5RL, '01 530i to name a few.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
There are plenty of threads about this people. sheesh........ it's just as bad as the "how old is everyone threads"
Old 11-30-2005, 12:45 PM

2005 C230
Originally Posted by electromethod
There are plenty of threads about this people. sheesh........ it's just as bad as the "how old is everyone threads"
I enjoy reading this thread

The other day i pulled into work at ******* Palms( resort) and the lady at the booth was like "Oh you must be the managment crew that was coming in today go right ahead". i just kinda grinned, knowing that i was just a sales accociate that wanted to make a u-turn, and got good parkign instead but them you get the haters, who are like "he just likes to show off"...well yea nothing wrong with that..i dont go around saying I HAVE A BENZ...its a nice car and a nice drive.

Last edited by Untouchable08; 11-30-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM

06 C230
dam u guys are getting great deals on c230's. Here in Texas, the C230 is still expensive. You are not getting one for anything near 30k. I bought an 06 with only sunroof, and 6 disk and tint and it was 35k, and that was talking some off the price. I look in the dealership every weekend when I take my car in to get washed and I see the rest of the 06 c230s selling for 35k-39k, and that is before TTL. So I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in. Also I think part of if may be the fact that an suv is a much bigger car than a c230, so who cares how much you paid for it, kinda like paying 400.00 for a 27" normal tv vs. paying 400.00 for an ipod video. The ipod video is going to draw more attention.

As for treatment at the dealership I get treated like a king at my dealership I guess maybe because I paid cash on the spot for my car and I guess they remember that. Dosen't matter what I have on ( i am usually in basketball shorts and a muscle T or something like that. My sales lady always comes to meet me and I never even tell her I am there. (and she is very very cute too! never seen a white girl with booty like that before either! LOL )

Last edited by SuperQ; 11-30-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 PM

2005 C230
Originally Posted by SuperQ
dam u guys are getting great deals on c230's. Here in Texas, the C230 is still expensive. You are not getting one for anything near 30k. I bought an 06 with only sunroof, and 6 disk and tint and it was 35k, and that was talking some off the price. I look in the dealership every weekend when I take my car in to get washed and I see the rest of the 06 c230s selling for 35k-39k, and that is before TTL. So I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in. Also I think part of if may be the fact that an suv is a much bigger car than a c230, so who cares how much you paid for it, kinda like paying 400.00 for a 27" normal tv vs. paying 400.00 for an ipod video. The ipod video is going to draw more attention.

As for treatment at the dealership I get treated like a king at my dealership I guess maybe because I paid cash on the spot for my car and I guess they remember that. Dosen't matter what I have on ( i am usually in basketball shorts and a muscle T or something like that. My sales lady always comes to meet me and I never even tell her I am there. (and she is very very cute too! never seen a white girl with booty like that before either! LOL )
white girl with a @$$
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Nobody notices when I cruise by low and slow
Old 11-30-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
My X-Type had everyone talking at my last job. The CEO was even asking "whose Jag is that out front". Honestly, it even costed me my raise. To them, I was making too much money (scumbags); Yes, I left that job. Funny thing, my cousin was paying more per month for his Camry and we were both leasing.

My pre-owned CL gets even MORE attention. Unbelievable what a car can do.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:56 PM

'01 C320; '06 GSX-R600
A couple of coworkers have made snide remarks concerning my purchase, implying I'm making too much money. But I'm not the one bragging about the $50k Lexus, or the $55k Navigator, or even the $7k Diamond ring birthday present-no need to, because we don't have much, in comparison. All I said was that I prefer the luxury and performance of this "used" car, as opposed to a brand new, similarly-priced, fully loaded Civic (not slandering Civics, but I bought my car from a Honda dealership).

Friends/relatives/neighbors must think we're $,$$$,$$$aire$, but we're humble lower/lower high-income, or upper/upper poverty-level wage-earners (depends on your perspective). Anyways, we're entitled to some niceties every once-in-a-while. And what we do have.....we enjoy every bit to the fullest!!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by bootsy
And what we do have.....we enjoy every bit to the fullest!!
Amen to that!!!!!

I'd rather live it up in a used car than drive a normal new car.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230K Sport Sedan in Brilliant Silver/Black
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
But when i go to my dealer, in 3 years old nike shoes, a normal sweater but got ketchup on it, a jeans full on white paints(by accident but is now fashion!!) i bring my car for a burn lightbulb replace and while waiting i walk in the showroom and check out the SLR, a salesman came to me and ask if i wanna sit in it(that's the first time i ever sat in one) lol that's was funny that time...
My salesman wanted to show me the Maybach in the showroom. He said he was the only one able to show the inside of the vehicle to customers. It was hilarious because I wasn't even interested.

People at work think I am snobby because of my car, though. They assume I have lots of money (haha!).
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM

lol I have a 202...1999 C230K Silver with sport. but anyway I'm a senior in HS and paid 11k for my car in June, at Manheim...but still. Anyway my car gets tons jealous looks and comments from other kids. These comments come from kids driving '05 Toyota Corolla's that there parents went out and bought for them. Now when people ask me what I drive I just say "an old Mercedes", if they ask the year they're like......."wait...?"
I've gotten..."is that new?"....lol its a 202...doesnt look that new.... They are usually stunned by the Smart Key as if its a magic wand or something.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:53 PM

2005 C230
Originally Posted by JOESID
lol I have a 202...1999 C230K Silver with sport. but anyway I'm a senior in HS and paid 11k for my car in June, at Manheim...but still. Anyway my car gets tons jealous looks and comments from other kids. These comments come from kids driving '05 Toyota Corolla's that there parents went out and bought for them. Now when people ask me what I drive I just say "an old Mercedes", if they ask the year they're like......."wait...?"
I've gotten..."is that new?"....lol its a 202...doesnt look that new.... They are usually stunned by the Smart Key as if its a magic wand or something.

maheim owns i just got my auction pass and am planning to make some money on the side....i wish i got my car from there...but plan to pick a m3 sooner or later probably later lol
Old 11-30-2005, 11:12 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Untouchable08
maheim owns i just got my auction pass and am planning to make some money on the side....i wish i got my car from there...but plan to pick a m3 sooner or later probably later lol
M3's
Old 12-01-2005, 01:44 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by SuperQ
dam u guys are getting great deals on c230's. Here in Texas, the C230 is still expensive.

yeah, I wanted to look at an '05 C-coupe about 6 months ago and park place told me that they don't even make c coupes anymore. HOWEVER, they then told me that they could sell me a C230 sedan for the same price as a 230 coupe... which started at like 32k! I decided to pass on that, an '01 C320 Sport (loaded, just missing the nav... well and leather seats but I don't want leather seats) is faster and a much nicer ride than an 05 230. And it sounds better too.

And... who is your sales lady? I might have to go "look at the new 350's" soon

But, my car actually almost NEVER gets comments. I have had a few friends say something like "oh, this is your car?" or "nice car." It doesn't really get looks either... especially not from girls

As for how I'm treated at the dealership... heck, sometimes on weekends I go in unshaven in jeans and a t-shirt. But, my mannerisms show that I have that confidence that I could buy anything and anyone in the whole place (even though I cant hehe) while at the same time treating people like real people and not machines. It works pretty well for me.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:05 PM

2005 C230
It'st just annoying when people are like "Oh your 19 and you got a benz, you must be spoiled". Im like i work more hours then you do! I guess somepeople see young guys with nice cars and assume hes a spoiled brat.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Untouchable08
It'st just annoying when people are like "Oh your 19 and you got a benz, you must be spoiled". Im like i work more hours then you do! I guess somepeople see young guys with nice cars and assume hes a spoiled brat.
yeah i know what you mean... I'm 21. I'm in college now but I actually had a pretty good career and bought it with my own damned money.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K Coupe '04
Talking

It happens every other week I have to beat all the ladies off with a stick. "Wow, rich boy." "I like your car, it's cute." I love the compliments.

But the car belongs to my father and I use it to commute to work! So the feeling I get isn't so satisfying since I haven't actually paid for the whole car .

Personally, I'd rather have a C55 AMG (Black). But as for now I have grown to like the sporty red C230K.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:50 PM

2010 C300
Yeah, I get called a spoiled brat too...I dont let it worry me too much.
I also get compliments ALL the time, I love the attention. People actually roll their windows down at stoplights to give me compliments.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:06 PM

what the heck... how is it that mine doesnt get that kind of attention...!?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM

2002 CL203
Yeah, I get compliments and stares all the time......ony problem is mostly with guys, girls just can't seem to overlook the fact that my car is, what they call "pukey green", but yeah, guys seem to love the colour, but girls just don't.

I don't really care though....I have my rugged good looks to attract girls. I love my car and Love my colour!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What reactions do you get about your MB