C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What reactions do you get about your MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 GL450
Originally Posted by SuperQ
parkplace on lemmon in dallas. My sales person is Jessica White. I love the dealership, the give free oil changes (mobil 1 synthetic) and free car wash anytime. I figure I have already saved up about $400.00-$500.00 in car washes. (i get it washed every time there is a spec of dirt on the rims!

by they way, they didn't have a full loaded stick shift when I bought my car, so I am having to add things the hard way, or rather Sunman is adding them for me!!! Getting TV tuner Next weekend!! WHOOP! (Yes I am a Texas AGGIE)
I had bad experience with Park Place so I ended up buying from Ewing. But man, I'll take free car washes any time! Oh and I'm a Texas longhorn!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
noooooooooooooooooo!!!! Every BMW and Benz mechanic I know says that 12k miles is much too long, definitely need it done every 6k. If you plan on keeping the car (or, for the sake of someone who buys it used on down the line) you really really should do every 6.
And every synthetic oil expert and many long term evaluations has said that it's not too long. This includes Mercedes Benz own testing. The problem is that people, including the sevice techs, get into the habit of changing oil over the shorter term and they also apply old technology thinking to the new technology engines and oils.

No offense, but if MB (the company, not the service techs) thought that 12K was too long, then they would advise you to change it sooner. Certainly they do not want you to damage your car when it could be prevented by simply changing your oil more frequently. Especially when they have been suffering so much with quality issues and trying to figure out ways to improve them.

Now don't get me wrong, if it were free, I would change it every 1000 miles. But I'm not going to pay a dime to change my oil before MB recommends it. But that's just me!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by alphaforcex
I had bad experience with Park Place so I ended up buying from Ewing. But man, I'll take free car washes any time! Oh and I'm a Texas longhorn!
I'm pretty sure Ewing offers free car washes if you bought your car there. If you did, give them a call and check it out. I remember when I purchased mine they mentioned this. However, I'm not a big fan of automatic car washes.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by timsam
Yep...I deal with Park Place as well, and they give you the oil changes in-between the major intervals for free. I had my 6K done, and I have about 500 till my Service A...not looking forward to that...
But I need to take advantage of that free carwash...SuperQ, how long does it take?
Good to hear that Park Place does offer it for free. I wonder how their service costs compare to say Ewing? Just wondering cause they have to re-coupe this cost somehow if they offer it to everyone.

Now why are you not looking forward to the Service A? Do you think they will find a problem?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Today on my way home from work I stop by the mall. When I came out an old lady was looking at my car and she said very nice car " is it fast, it looks fast". I laughted and told her she could handle it if she drove it. Made me feel good and proud of owning it.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by livestrongONe
Today on my way home from work I stop by the mall. When I came out an old lady was looking at my car and she said very nice car " is it fast, it looks fast". I laughted and told her she could handle it if she drove it. Made me feel good and proud of owning it.
Your story kinda reminds me of when I first got my car. It was already debadged and the 2005's were not out yet. An older lady (maybe mid 50's) said, "I know this is a Mercedes, but what kind is it? I've never seen this before". Mind you, I already had the Lorinser-style roof wing at that point (nothing else though). She proceeded to ask how much it costs and if it's fast...LOL...I was kinda shocked that she would ask how fast it was, but told her it was decent, but well worth the purchase!

Great story though
Old 12-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

I never understand what people say when they compliment my vehicle.I guess its hard to talk with your jaw dropped.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
wow, bringing back last year!

but, I actually have an addition to this thread...

it was raining in LA on Saturday so I didn't want to take a soft-top vert out or valet a car with SMG... So, I took the C230 to a pretty upscale restaurant/bar in Marina Del Rey. Normally, I'd park on the street and just walk but since it was raining I went to the valet.

I got there pretty late and there was an SL55 and M3 Coupe parked out in front (the main valet lot is waaay far from the bar and only 5 cars max can park out in front). As I got out of my car, one of the valets walked around my car and was like "is this a special edition? I've never seen a Mercedes like this! do you want us keep it in the VIP section?" so I was like "sure" and they parked it next to the SL55 and M3.

as I was walking in, some other people who were entering the bar as well were looking at it and saying "nice car!" I really didn't expect much attention from this car b/c it was at a pretty upscale bar with lots of other nice cars (like a black ///M3 ) but also b/c it was dirty as hell b/c it had been raining hard and it hadn't been washed since it rained a week prior. I mean it does get parked in front when I valet it a good chunk of the time, but this time was actually kinda different and cool...

Last edited by nlpamg; 12-19-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
It's funny but if you get a cheap high end car like a C230, Audi A4, Jaguar X, BMW 325 people think you have money. Ironically the same people that think you have money because you drive a low end german car drive high end SUV's that they paid much more for. For example my 2004.5 C230 was 25K new but people on the Jeep forum think I'm a snob yet many have easily paid more than that for their Jeep. A guy at work bought a $48K Ford Expendition but he's more impressed with my car.
it's always like that
people tend to think mercedes, bimmers == rich, but a lot of times, this is not the case
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by electromethod
Need to take a few english classes too. Forumulate complete sentences. No one expects you to dress up to go the dealership but taking pride in your appearance is a factor in every aspect of life. How you behave/interact also is a key point regarding how you will be judged. I have gone into dealerships dressed in shorts, collared shirt, and flip flops and been treated with respect. Try to look at it from their perspective and realize that maybe part of the blame lies with you.
Anyhow... enjoy your car and best of luck to you
i do that somtimes, dressed in shorts, flip flops, and I still got treated nicely, even let me test drive the cars
Old 12-19-2006, 07:21 AM
nRo

2005 C230K SS
it really is different in LA. hell even in Glendale. people drive around in 997 Turbos and Z06s we dont notice anything...i never get any reaction for my car..unless it's the cops of course lol...in the end mainly cuz it's a Benz people start trippin out and think that "omg daddy's boy." --..no. our cars are about 30-35K...i think taht the reason it catches so much attention is because it's a Baby S-class. my car is debadged...i got pulled over, the cop asked me if it was S55 AMG...i don't know fellas..in the end, it's an amazing car for the price. but it comes with the attention...some places less, some places more. cheers.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
(like a black ///M3 )
so i guess this is wat u have an M3 for...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 PM

Mine 2005 C230 Kompressor, Dad's 2005 ML350
Sucks for me, Im in the National Guard and a few officers senior to me have made dumb comments about the car. Most of which come from one whos too cheap to get a decent car and still drives an old bare bones Hyudai. Sometimes Im hesitant to say that the white Benz in the lot is mine if someone asks, the ones who are New Yorkers or city people understand, others dont. There have been times where my will to work was questioned with some people thinking Im a rich spoiled brat, its very annoying having a nice car in the wrong environment, even more so when they see me driving my dads ML when the weather sucks. Makes me wanna or or even
Old 12-20-2006, 11:14 AM

2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Actually, I've gotta say that it depends on what part of L.A., dawg. Granted, in L.A., our cars (w203) are a dime a dozen (i.e. 10/12 for those that never understood the phrase), but I still think they garner some attention...it just depends on what crowd in garners attention from.

My case and point, my cousin's co-worker who is a Loan Processor (who makes decent money) said to him, "I bet your cousin gets girls left and right with that car. He's got the looks and the $."...Once I heard that, I started laughing and this is why. My cousin owns a Mitsubishi EVO VIII MR, which is technically more expensive than my 2004.5 C230k SS, but for some reason, just because I drive a Benz, she automatically had a different reaction to my car than his.

See, no matter what, people who don't really know cars may not necessarily understand how affordable a C Class is compared to a lot of cars out there. Granted, if I could've afforded it, I would've had a C32 for sure - but there were no pre-owned ones that I would've considered (w/ exception to the short time Wiedermann put his car up for sale) and a brand new one was way out of my price range. Regardless, my main point is that I think it depends on the crowd that you are looking for a reaction from. If you're in West L.A., Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Encino and all the other "well-off" areas of Los Angeles, most people won't even sneeze at your car (well, unless it's really hooked up). If you're in other areas of L.A., it's a completely different story.
Agreed. Here in Redondo Beach were i live, my car is like the bottom feeder. LOL all i see in my street is like E-classes, S-classes, XK Jags, 5 series, 7 series etc. THose people give the look of 'all you could afford is a C-class?' there is one other W203 on the block and it belongs to this little old lady. It gets even worse when i head to Manhattan , or Hermosa beach. Pretty much nobody really notices Most cars there are worth easily 2x mine. This is fine by me, the less attention, the less people with mess with my ride. But like Drex said, go to 'other' parts in L.A and people will look, specially the LAPD :-P
And yes i get the 'wow a benz from friends and famly when i first got it. im like 'its just a c-class' haha i got it by the way it looks, i think the AMG body kit looks just right, not too 'ricey' and not too boring. ANd its fun as hell to drive. Just my 2cents
Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 PM

Most people don't know the difference between a C class and S class. So when they see mercedes they think $$$$
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
[QUOTE=>...It gets even worse when i head to Manhattan , or Hermosa beach.../QUOTE]

Purchased yet another MB for the Mrs. because they are sporty, safe, and reliable. Well, nevermind about the reliable part. Don't really care what the neighbors think. Just happen to like how they feel going down the road!
I drive a GMC truck for work. Other drivers are, more often than not, friendly and accommodating. However, when piloting the MB, it's all too seldom when simple courtesy is offered or received. Same driver, different ride. Ironic how that works...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
It's funny but if you get a cheap high end car like a C230, Audi A4, Jaguar X, BMW 325 people think you have money. Ironically the same people that think you have money because you drive a low end german car drive high end SUV's that they paid much more for. For example my 2004.5 C230 was 25K new but people on the Jeep forum think I'm a snob yet many have easily paid more than that for their Jeep. A guy at work bought a $48K Ford Expendition but he's more impressed with my car.
you hit the nail on the head! sooo annoying how people with $50k Chevy Tahoe SUV's think my car cost $60k!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Teenage girls love me.

Too bad they're jail-bait.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:43 AM

2003 C32 AMG BLACK
boy, I have NO IDEA wth I'm doing in a mercedes. I hated the C-Class with a passion... until I learned about the C32 and that I could afford one. Now, I hate when people find out what I drive... not just because of the stupid money comments, but because they never know wtf a "C32" is... they're always trying to correct me "You mean C320"... or question "WTH is AMG?"

But anyways, brands of cars never did anything for me... this whole "owning a benz means money" thing is a new concept to me and quite frankly, I don't really care much about. My car has is the hottest thing since the gas stove and wouldn't trade it for the world.