C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Authentic 18" Brabus Mono VI or 19" Mono VI Replicas?
18" Monoblock VI Brabus Authentic
56.90%
19" Monoblock VI Replicas
43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide! Rim Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005 | 08:19 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by SEXSPHERE
Yea that big gap was embarassing :p But autocouture aint knock off. I like it.. And many ppls do.

PS: in the pic, isnt my car
full RS or just the front?
Old 12-28-2005 | 09:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Yea that big gap was embarassing :p But autocouture aint knock off. I like it.. And many ppls do.

I think you mis-understood what I was saying. I was trying to say that you made a choice of good quality to another good quality product. I know that auto courtures are not knockoffs.

The question in this thread is between 18" quality authentic Brabus 2-piece rims vs. 19" knockoff (who knows how good a quality) 1 piece rims. That's a big difference from your situation.

So in essence, I was saying your choice was a good choice. In this case, if it were me, I'd choose the authentic 18" rims over the knockoff 19" rims any day...Although, if it were my decision, I'd hold off on getting any rims until I could get good quality, authentic 19" rims...but that's just me.

It's good that the pic isn't your car. That gap is definitely way too big for my tastes.
Old 12-28-2005 | 09:51 PM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Originally Posted by drexappeal
I think you mis-understood what I was saying. I was trying to say that you made a choice of good quality to another good quality product. I know that auto courtures are not knockoffs.

The question in this thread is between 18" quality authentic Brabus 2-piece rims vs. 19" knockoff (who knows how good a quality) 1 piece rims. That's a big difference from your situation.

So in essence, I was saying your choice was a good choice. In this case, if it were me, I'd choose the authentic 18" rims over the knockoff 19" rims any day...Although, if it were my decision, I'd hold off on getting any rims until I could get good quality, authentic 19" rims...but that's just me.

It's good that the pic isn't your car. That gap is definitely way too big for my tastes.
I really wanted the authentic Brabus Monoblock VIs, but I had a really good deal on a used set of 18" authentics which were the same cost as new 19" knockoffs. Although 19" would look better, the 18"s are the real thing. In my case, vanity won and I went with the 18"s. I really can't afford 19" authentic new. They're going for $5300 for a set.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:00 AM

omg.....I'm so f***ing pissed off.

I originally won the 18" "authentic" Brabus Mono VI on eBay and he posted and stated they're original Brabus. He was local, so I met up with him tonight and I get there and they're totally replicas with Brabus caps. The sad thing was that he didn't know. He's a "poor" little rich kid and knows nothing about cars. For god sakes, he said he had the Brabus rims on his Audi!

all this rim poll was a big waste of time now, cause I might just go with 19" replicas cause that's all I could afford. I can't afford new 19" Brabus. They're nice but I really can't justify putting $5500 rims on my car. He was selling the 18" for $1000. He really really thought they were originall Brabus. I asked him several times...are they real? He said yeah they're really Brabus ......so sad.

Long story short, I'm so disappointed.......
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW
full RS or just the front?
Its full RS
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:38 AM

Sorry for misunderstanding I think the gap is just perfect.. If it was lowered a little bit more, he wouldnt be able to make a full turn or it would rub if he went over bumpy road. Only the big gap is between the CARLSSON RS kit to the ground. It would be different if it was the rieger front lips.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by benzo-boi

I originally won the 18" "authentic" Brabus Mono VI on eBay and he posted and stated they're original Brabus. He was local, so I met up with him tonight and I get there and they're totally replicas with Brabus caps. The sad thing was that he didn't know. He's a "poor" little rich kid and knows nothing about cars. For god sakes, he said he had the Brabus rims on his Audi!

all this rim poll was a big waste of time now, cause I might just go with 19" replicas cause that's all I could afford. I can't afford new 19" Brabus. They're nice but I really can't justify putting $5500 rims on my car. He was selling the 18" for $1000. He really really thought they were originall Brabus. I asked him several times...are they real? He said yeah they're really Brabus ......so sad.

It sucks but its ok, time for the authentic 19's. For a BENZ, i personally wont put replicas
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre

that sucks man, sorry to hear that. what a tard! it's a good thing that you didn't pay him and were gonna do a local pickup!
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:44 AM

Sorry its me sexsphere, this is my friend's account. I thought i was using mine :p

Last edited by kerisabe; 12-29-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-29-2005 | 11:09 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport

That's some bull****. Well, if he didn't know, he didn't know. Nothing you could really do about that. Well, I guess you have no choice but to get 19" replicas also. Here's my take. You've got a 2005. The 17" 5 stars are really nice OEM rims. Now, why spend $1,000 now instead of saving up for the authentics later on? And why are you so keen on getting Brabus rims? They are constructed by a different company (forgot who machines them) and slap on the Brabus logo. There are a lot of other quality multi-piece rim companies out there than Brabus that make very nice rims.

That's just me and that's how I'm getting my rims next month. I've had my car for almost 2 years. Took me that long to save up (while buying things on the side) and I'm finally going to order my rims mid-January, so I figure they'll be on my car by mid-February (usually a 6 week order time). My rims are gonna cost me a good chunk of change, but it will all be worth it in the end. Just my $.02
Old 12-29-2005 | 12:04 PM

That's some bull****. Well, if he didn't know, he didn't know. Nothing you could really do about that. Well, I guess you have no choice but to get 19" replicas also. Here's my take. You've got a 2005. The 17" 5 stars are really nice OEM rims. Now, why spend $1,000 now instead of saving up for the authentics later on? And why are you so keen on getting Brabus rims? They are constructed by a different company (forgot who machines them) and slap on the Brabus logo. There are a lot of other quality multi-piece rim companies out there than Brabus that make very nice rims.

That's just me and that's how I'm getting my rims next month. I've had my car for almost 2 years. Took me that long to save up (while buying things on the side) and I'm finally going to order my rims mid-January, so I figure they'll be on my car by mid-February (usually a 6 week order time). My rims are gonna cost me a good chunk of change, but it will all be worth it in the end. Just my $.02
Okay, maybe I should start a new rims poll: 19" replicas for $1400 or 19" authentics for $5500. It's really not a matter of saving up the money. It's really a matter of justifying spending $5000+ for rims. Oh man, I'm so lost on what I'm gonna get now.

Just wondering drex, what kind of rims are you gonna order? Maybe you can give me some inspiration to buy the real thing.

I had 19" Lowenhart BR5s, which I sold. I'm going for the cleaner look. I really like the Brabus Monoblock VI design. I know that Brabus don't make the wheels, but it's the design that I like, which is why I was considering replicas. But I don't want to be tacky. Same with my GF, she really liked this LV bag, and was going to buy a fake one on ebay, but I told her that if you can't afford the real thing, then don't buy it at all. Maybe I should take my own advice......
Old 12-29-2005 | 12:16 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Just wondering drex, what kind of rims are you gonna order? Maybe you can give me some inspiration to buy the real thing.
I can give you a hint: 3 piece rims. 19X8.5 and 19X9.5 (or 19X10.0 - still haven't decided). Customized exactly how I want them. Pretty unique, but also very expensive. Not HRE's. Tires are gonna be TOYO T1-R 235/35r19 and 265/30r19.

Honestly, if it's not about saving up the money, then there's really no excuse not to go with good quality rims. The justification of buying $5,500 rims (although, I'm sure you could get them for a little less) is all about how much you really want a "Wow" reaction vs. a "Those are okay" reaction. If you don't really care, then go with the replicas. But, also consider that depending on what rims you decide to go with, you also have to think of the build quality and how likely the replicas are to bend vs. better quality rims. I did a lot of research before I decided on my rims...which, a few people know, but keeping it under wraps until they're actually on my car (don't want to jinx it and have to spend the money on something else).
Old 12-29-2005 | 12:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I had 19" Lowenhart BR5s, which I sold. I'm going for the cleaner look. I really like the Brabus Monoblock VI design. I know that Brabus don't make the wheels, but it's the design that I like, which is why I was considering replicas. But I don't want to be tacky. Same with my GF, she really liked this LV bag, and was going to buy a fake one on ebay, but I told her that if you can't afford the real thing, then don't buy it at all. Maybe I should take my own advice......
If you like the design of the BRABUS VI (which I happen to highly agree - they look bad a$$), go with the authentics no question. Just like your lady sportin' a real LV bag vs. a fake one off ebay. I definitely agree that you should take your own advice. Her real LV bag for her is just like the real BRABUS rims on your car.

Now, as for aero/body-kit parts, that's a different story. If you're customizing the exterior, custom work doesn't necessarily have the name, but it is a different entity.
Old 12-29-2005 | 01:27 PM

Be careful with the replicas

My brother has a set of 20" replicas on his E. The finish is very fragile and he already lost 1 or 2 rivets.
Old 12-29-2005 | 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
authentic i think because the replicas are just that, with authentic rims im sure they are built much better.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

benzo-boi, thought I'd put your attention to this in the Classifieds. Not sure if Ken swooped these up already, but he was the only one to respond:

LINK: MBWorld Classifieds Brabus Mono VI
Old 12-29-2005 | 10:54 PM

benzo-boi, thought I'd put your attention to this in the Classifieds. Not sure if Ken swooped these up already, but he was the only one to respond:
Thanks drex, I saw that last nite and pmed c_brabus already.....they're powder-coated black in the center....

Does anyone have any hook up for or know of any shop for real Brabus monoblock VIs w/ tires. The cheapest I got was $5300...........
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:50 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Thanks drex, I saw that last nite and pmed c_brabus already.....they're powder-coated black in the center....

Does anyone have any hook up for or know of any shop for real Brabus monoblock VIs w/ tires. The cheapest I got was $5300...........
What color is your car?
Old 12-30-2005 | 02:14 AM

silver
Old 12-31-2005 | 03:31 AM

Can anyone shed some light as how much 19" 2 piece real Brabus Monoblock VIs go for? I got quoted $5300-$5500. Is that good?
Old 12-31-2005 | 05:04 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by kerisabe
Sorry its me sexsphere, this is my friend's account. I thought i was using mine :p
sweet...my kit's on the way...
Old 12-31-2005 | 05:08 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Can anyone shed some light as how much 19" 2 piece real Brabus Monoblock VIs go for? I got quoted $5300-$5500. Is that good?
with tax? or without? I can give you the same quote before taxing it. if they are from out of states you can avoid the state tax.

btw, one of the customer of mine is looking to sell his powder coated 19" mono VI staggered set without the tires. let me know and I can get him to contact you. He's one of the member as well.

Last edited by FrankW; 12-31-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2005 | 05:11 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

what exhaust are you running? i'm deciding on an exhaust.
Old 12-31-2005 | 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by FrankW
with tax? or without? I can give you the same quote before taxing it. if they are from out of states you can avoid the state tax.

btw, one of the customer of mine is looking to sell his powder coated 19" mono VI staggered set without the tires. let me know and I can get him to contact you. He's one of the member as well.
That was including tax.......Are you able to do a little better?

I think I know which member you're talking about.....Brabus_C. They're powder coated black right? I think the pic below is his car. I already pmed him.
Attached Thumbnails Help me decide! Rim Poll-dsc00154.jpg  
Old 12-31-2005 | 04:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

silver
I would swoop up Brabus_C's rims, if I were you. The black w/ silver lip would look nice on your car IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me decide! Rim Poll