C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Authentic 18" Brabus Mono VI or 19" Mono VI Replicas?
18" Monoblock VI Brabus Authentic
56.90%
19" Monoblock VI Replicas
43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide! Rim Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Originally Posted by drexappeal
I would swoop up Brabus_C's rims, if I were you. The black w/ silver lip would look nice on your car IMO.
I would, but I pmed him a few times and he has yet to respond back.

Hey drex...on a separate note, I couldn't help but notice in the thread searches and seeing your car on tein's website, that your car was the prototype for tein's coilover system. I'm in the market to buy a set. Could you share with me the difference between basic and ss.

Also, I STF and saw some stuff about the coilovers not working if you have 19' rims. I'm planning on getting 19"s......do I need to get spacers if thats the case?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:25 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by benzo-boi
I would, but I pmed him a few times and he has yet to respond back.

Hey drex...on a separate note, I couldn't help but notice in the thread searches and seeing your car on tein's website, that your car was the prototype for tein's coilover system. I'm in the market to buy a set. Could you share with me the difference between basic and ss.

Also, I STF and saw some stuff about the coilovers not working if you have 19' rims. I'm planning on getting 19"s......do I need to get spacers if thats the case?
He doesn't come onto to the forum that often. I'll let him know you are interested.

some coilovers has cone shape springs for the front coil hense it'll larger towards the top of the suspension and the 19" rims sometimes depends on the offset will cause the rim or rubber to rub against the springs during compression and decompression (wheels moving up and down). Most of the cases this can be solved with some simple 3mm spacers for the front wheels.

As part of TEIN's dealer network, I highly recommand TEIN's suspension setup simply because for the money they can't be beat.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW
He doesn't come onto to the forum that often. I'll let him know you are interested.

some coilovers has cone shape springs for the front coil hense it'll larger towards the top of the suspension and the 19" rims sometimes depends on the offset will cause the rim or rubber to rub against the springs during compression and decompression (wheels moving up and down). Most of the cases this can be solved with some simple 3mm spacers for the front wheels.

As part of TEIN's dealer network, I highly recommand TEIN's suspension setup simply because for the money they can't be beat.
Thanks Frank. I'm local in 626 area, and definitely serious so I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:06 AM

anyone have original Brabus Monoblock VI in 19"s? What offsets do they come in? I know they have hub-centric spacers. I'm buying a set of 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 both offset 45, used. I think I need offset 30 in front and 35 in the back...so that means I need 15mm in the front and 10 in the back. what offsets do they come in for '05 c230 sport sedans?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Sorry, benzo-boi. Didn't see your post till today. Been really swamped at work, so not enough time for me to repy on the boards.

Anyways, now that it's the weekend, the answer to your question about the TEIN's is simple.

You are correct, I did R&D for the 230 SS (Basics, Super Street, and S-Tech). They had my car in 3 separate times (2 days each). The third time was when they did the final fitment/tests.

S-Tech - TEIN's version of sport springs (but definitely will be a drop from stock)
Basics - ride height adjustable only
Super Street - ride height and damper (16-way) adjustable

Hope that helps. If you have more questions about it, you can email me...or search for my TEIN thread. It's on here for sure.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Sorry, benzo-boi. Didn't see your post till today. Been really swamped at work, so not enough time for me to repy on the boards.

Anyways, now that it's the weekend, the answer to your question about the TEIN's is simple.

You are correct, I did R&D for the 230 SS (Basics, Super Street, and S-Tech). They had my car in 3 separate times (2 days each). The third time was when they did the final fitment/tests.

S-Tech - TEIN's version of sport springs (but definitely will be a drop from stock)
Basics - ride height adjustable only
Super Street - ride height and damper (16-way) adjustable

Hope that helps. If you have more questions about it, you can email me...or search for my TEIN thread. It's on here for sure.
Thanks drex, i think i'm going with basic coilovers.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:58 PM

just wanted to give everyone an update...I went with 19" Authentic 2 piece Brabus Monoblock VIs. I'm thinking to get basic teins, but worried the brabus spacers will not work with the coilovers....anyone have this setup?
Old 02-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
just wanted to give everyone an update...I went with 19" Authentic 2 piece Brabus Monoblock VIs. I'm thinking to get basic teins, but worried the brabus spacers will not work with the coilovers....anyone have this setup?
Good choice! Can't wait to see them on. As for the TEIN Basic's with those rims, I'm pretty sure you need spacers for those rims anyway (from what I've heard), so as long as the rims have the right offset, you shouldn't have a problem. Wherever you buy them, I would just let them know that you plan on having Basic TEIN coilovers and see if what their recommendations are.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Jkw

2004.5 C 230
just wanted to give everyone an update...I went with 19" Authentic 2 piece Brabus Monoblock VIs.
Looking forward to photos