C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Motor Trend 06 C230 vs 330i vs is350 scan...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by c230 o5
oh please lexus is only for amercan people from amercia benz bmw for european people mostly, luxus is nothing for me
Wow, I don't think I've ever read such an ignorant idea conveyed so poorly. You're worse than me! And on top of that, you've insulted some 200 million or so people.. oh wait AMERICA itself is made up of thousands of diverse cultures from around the world.

Have you passed US History yet?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 MB C230, Black on Black
Thumbs up Speed vs Pure Class & Luxury

This is how most ALL Americans see it:

1) If you want speed, buy a crotch rocket Japanese car.

2) If you want pure class & luxury with strong performance, buy the Mercedes Benz.

Bottom line.

Swede
Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM

BMW 135i
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Wow, I don't think I've ever read such an ignorant idea conveyed so poorly. You're worse than me! And on top of that, you've insulted some 200 million or so people.. oh wait AMERICA itself is made up of thousands of diverse cultures from around the world.

Have you passed US History yet?
lmao lexus sux period
Old 01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think I'm going to have to disagree with you on that considering you said most ALL Americans.

Speed = Vette.
Luxury = Cadillac.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

lmao lexus sux period
Okay clown. Come back when you're ready to argue something substantial.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up Speed vs Pure Luxury & Class

I meant to say, the Americans or people I know, have always believed the Mercedes Benz is a true sign of luxury & class. If you wish to buy a jap crotch rocket, by all means, buy one! However I'll stick to a Mercedes Benz any day and most everybody on this board feels the same way. Furthermore I truly feel the Lexus is WAY over priced!

1) If you want speed, buy a japanese crotch rocket

2) If you want pure class, luxury and strong performance, buy the Mercedes Benz.

Bottom line.

Swede
Old 01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

I and many other on the forum see it very differently especially considering there are hundreds of different budgets.

I don't think it's possible to classify all speed wants, into one category. There is a reason why the Dodge Neon SRT-4 exists, and there is also a reason why a McLarenF1 exist. Both satisfy the want of speed, at very different price levels.

Precisely with the luxury and strong performance. Is there a reason why many people cross shop Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi? Because they each have very similair and competitive offerings to satisfy the want of class/luxury/performance.

I think with some slight modification to your statement, it can be considered true. I believe not just Americans (because we aren't the smartest bunch in the world) but people in general all over the world recognize Mercedes as the global leader in prestige.

Certainly there must be a reason why Lexus is the number one luxury marque in America (or maybe number 2, perhaps BMW is ahead.. I cannot remember), and there must be a reason why the IS350 scored so high in the C&D test. They've gotten something right, and they've hit something where the rest of the companies have missed.

I fear not however with the new management at Mercedes. Every company has their golden age cycles. It's only a matter of time. The only problem is.. all the other companies have the exact same amount of time and in my opinion, they already have a head start; they don't need to start from ground zero at restructuring their company.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
I'm not surprised with the results. The current C Class is getting old and is competing with two new extraordinary arrivals: IS350 and 330i. However, if Mercedes starts to emphasize on sportiness rather than comfort, life for BMW will be much more difficult than ever. Good article bro!!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:18 PM

lmao lexus sux period
You suck

I'm with Rick...

Speed = Vette/Mopar
Luxery = Caddy/GM (Icon of American Government too, even Bush sit in them)
Old 01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by SwedeMercedes
I meant to say, the Americans or people I know, have always believed the Mercedes Benz is a true sign of luxury & class.
Proof:

which of these logos/emblems do you think the punks want to rip off the most ?

Mercedes star
BMW logo
Lexus "L"
Cadillac logo
Corvette logo

Old 01-04-2006, 11:36 PM

Thumbs up I agree, kind of.

However since I am a consumer AND I thrashed the show rooms in Pacific Northwest from lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Cadillac, Acura etc...etc...I found the best buy that had ALL the attibutes of my requests was the Mercedes Benz, by leaps and bounds. My findings are as follows:

1) Lexus- WAY over priced.
2) BMW = The Thomas Kincade of luxury sports sedans, played out. (mass marketed in every size and everybody and thier brother has one)
3) Infiniti - Strong contender, still a ways to go yet.
Cadillac- read #3
4) Acura - Nice car but does NOT have the prestige of the Benz. Also read #3.

So there is no way you can say that for the money the Mercedes Benz is NOT a stong buy. So buy what you wish and I will too, but for now it's Mercedes Benz for me.

PS: You own a jap crotch rocket don't you? Come on now be truthful.....
Old 01-05-2006, 12:25 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Wow, I don't think I've ever read such an ignorant idea conveyed so poorly. You're worse than me! And on top of that, you've insulted some 200 million or so people.. oh wait AMERICA itself is made up of thousands of diverse cultures from around the world. Have you passed US History yet?
I wonder what kind of tricycle he drives? LOL

I, for one, just do not get the whole 'prestige' thing. I buy a car for how it is engineered, how it is built, how it functions, how well it functions, safety, comfort, etc., etc. - a whole bunch of reasons - but none of those reasons are 'prestige', class, bling, or status symbol.
Somebody call immigration for a reward -- I must be from another planet!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Am i missing something? According to those scans THEY DID have a C350, and it still got beaten by the Lexus. MB could only muster 268hp the Lex is over 300!! Forget the C230, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the IS. Its competition is Jettas and Honda Civics.
Gimme a break. The little puke IS250 is not up to handling Honda Civics, much less 280HP Jettas.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:28 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
wonder how next years BMW 335i will go up against the C350 and IS350. supposedly it will produce slightly over 300hp. overall, i'm not a fan of the IS. looks abit strange and cheap to me. likeing the E90 more, but i still think the C looks best in it's class.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:32 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Kenzmbz
I always thought the war was with MB vs BMW vs AUDI. When did audi get booted and when did Lexus take its place? I would have love to see the 4 auto companies fight it out.
it is strange that they left out the A4. how bout the jag X-type? haven't seen that thing in awhile. although ever since my dad had one, i think they're junk. he told me his favorite part of having that car was that it was only a 24 month lease
Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Outland
Gimme a break. The little puke IS250 is not up to handling Honda Civics, much less 280HP Jettas.
No, I mean the 230 is lucky to keep up with Hondas and Jettas.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:03 AM

Tuscan.....

The landscape over in Tuscany is beautiful. However the poster "tuscanrider" himself has illusions between Mercedes Benz and a Honda. Wake up Tuscanrider, wake up!

1) If you the only thing you can afford or want to afford is a jap crotch rocket, then buy one.

2) If you want total class, luxury and strong performance, and can afford to get the entire package, buy the Mercedes Benz.

Bottom Line.

PS: No further comment is necessary.

Swede
Old 01-05-2006, 03:21 PM

2002 E55, Black on Black
Originally Posted by mbny
wonder how next years BMW 335i will go up against the C350 and IS350. supposedly it will produce slightly over 300hp. overall, i'm not a fan of the IS. looks abit strange and cheap to me. likeing the E90 more, but i still think the C looks best in it's class.
If they don't price it out of the market, it will be one hell of a car. BMW's only real driving deficiency is the lack of punch off the line. The C350 and IS350 are just more powerful, and you can really feel the difference putting the pedal to the floor. Kinda hard to call yourself the "Ultimate Driving Machine" if you have the slowest car in the class. The 335 could change all of that.
The looks are subjective (I personally like the look, even though it doesn't have the classic timeless lines of MB), but BMW is upping the stakes even higher with the 335. They seem to be capturing the hearts of the automotive media with the underpowered 330 -- imagine what a 335 will do to this segment.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by r_liebo
If they don't price it out of the market, it will be one hell of a car. BMW's only real driving deficiency is the lack of punch off the line. The C350 and IS350 are just more powerful, and you can really feel the difference putting the pedal to the floor. Kinda hard to call yourself the "Ultimate Driving Machine" if you have the slowest car in the class. The 335 could change all of that.
The looks are subjective (I personally like the look, even though it doesn't have the classic timeless lines of MB), but BMW is upping the stakes even higher with the 335. They seem to be capturing the hearts of the automotive media with the underpowered 330 -- imagine what a 335 will do to this segment.
the E90 has really grown on me. saw a 330i sport in that charcoal color and it looked amazing. some other colors don't really do it for me though and i think the sport package is a must to enhance it's appearance. i've read that the 335 is projected to be a couple tenths of a second behind the M3 SMG off the line which makes it a real contendor
Old 01-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by SwedeMercedes
The landscape over in Tuscany is beautiful. However the poster "tuscanrider" himself has illusions between Mercedes Benz and a Honda. Wake up Tuscanrider, wake up!

1) If you the only thing you can afford or want to afford is a jap crotch rocket, then buy one.

2) If you want total class, luxury and strong performance, and can afford to get the entire package, buy the Mercedes Benz.

Bottom Line.

PS: No further comment is necessary.

Swede
If you want class and luxury you can also buy an Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Cadillac, Bentley etc..... It is delusional to think that MB is better than these makers simply because its a Mercedes. Own one long enough and you'll find out.

Performance-wise, I have C230, and its "street" competition is VW Jettas, and Honda Civics. It is lucky to beat these cars.

You are quickly establishing yourself as a poster with the intelligence of a beanbag. Good work, you get a cookie for your efforts.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
....You are quickly establishing yourself as a poster with the intelligence of a beanbag. Good work, you get a cookie for your efforts.
HAHAHAHAHA!

(but I think that c230 o5 already got the last one....)
Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 PM

C32
Some of you here have somehow developed inflated egos after buying a 230. Reading your posts have been wildly entertaining.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

which of these logos/emblems do you think the punks want to rip off the most ?
The Mercedes logo of course, but just because some rapper has the tri-star around his neck doesn't mean it's a great car. They love flossin' their Escalades too, does that mean the Escalade is the best offering in it's class? Perhaps when the United States closes off all trade except with Mexico and Canada...

1) Lexus- WAY over priced.
2) BMW = The Thomas Kincade of luxury sports sedans, played out. (mass marketed in every size and everybody and thier brother has one)
3) Infiniti - Strong contender, still a ways to go yet.
Cadillac- read #3
4) Acura - Nice car but does NOT have the prestige of the Benz. Also read #3.
I thought you were kidding at first when you said Lexus' were overpriced. Now I think you are actually using that as a serious argument. Go price out a LS430 UL. Then go price out a S500. (I picked the S500 rather than the S430 as the S500 is more of a matchup performance wise)
I'll skip the other manufacturers. You really have to own a BMW to understand why they are sometimes considered the best blend of a race car, and an everyday driver (excluding of course.. the W211AMG and the W208AMG)

PS: You own a jap crotch rocket don't you? Come on now be truthful.....
Me? My first car was a 1994 LS400. I loved it and I wish I could have it back.. sometimes The rest of our family has tons of Lexus' but not just Lexus'. All the brands have their strengths and weakness'.

Somebody call immigration for a reward -- I must be from another planet!
Please don't, then they'll find me too!
You know I have an X5 4.4i don't ya?

BMW's only real driving deficiency is the lack of punch off the line.
I think that might be due to their VANOS technology. I've heard that the cause of a throttle lag is the valves doing their thing.. but I'm not 100% sure on that.

If you want total class, luxury and strong performance, and can afford to get the entire package, buy the Mercedes Benz.
Good idea, blind brand loyalty is a great way to get screwed

Some of you here have somehow developed inflated egos after buying a 230. Reading your posts have been wildly entertaining.
It's not just the 230 guys. I've seen it happen on other forums as well, every car company has blind loyalists. The more windows open there are, the more light comes into the room, and the better you can see.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:05 PM

"Icky" Ricky.agrawal

#1) It is obvious you need to get outside as your length of time posting on this board indicates you are NOT taking your Prozac or taking too much of it! Anyone who has 22K in posts, well... is a loser period.
#2) Secondly when is the last time you purchased a New car and not just NEW to you? When you have you'll know what I mean about MB. I would never buy a used MB and maybe that is why you and your Tuscan friends have such issues with the car. Because you can not afford to buy a NEW one. Sorry, but it is how you come off Icky.
#3) Furthermore, if you do not like them, then why are you here?.

In any matter, take your Prozac, or take less of it, and get some fresh air. Or better yet go buy your 1994 lexus back, Ha Ha, and then go to the Lexus board, they'll love you there.

Geesh.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:23 PM
ON PROBATION

Uh-oh.... Somebody's got their panties all twisted up, "Icky"! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend 06 C230 vs 330i vs is350 scan...