C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Motor Trend 06 C230 vs 330i vs is350 scan...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by SwedeMercedes
Anyone who has 22K in posts, well... is a loser period.
LOL, that was good.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason lexus started was to add a luxury catagory for toyota.Lexus has always been known to take MB and BMW and A' la cheap Japan designs and engineering and blend them together to come up with a new car(just like hyundai does today). MOst people buy a MB because of history and class and in so saying MB when mentioned out loud ,it triggers impresstions of money, luxuary and comfort for most people just like Coke A Cola when mentioned cold , sweet and refreshing and just like NIKE comfort, light weight and modern designs. All the above mentioned brands MB , Coke A Cloa, Nike have associtive adjectives and people who have never owned or even tried these brands will discribe them very well. Now ask some one off the street tell me what first come to mind when I say the word LEXUS and you will get an AAAAAH whats the word again. Thats my two cents please feel free to added some more change postive or negative.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
The Mercedes logo of course, but just because some rapper has the tri-star around his neck doesn't mean it's a great car. They love flossin' their Escalades too, does that mean the Escalade is the best offering in it's class? Perhaps when the United States closes off all trade except with Mexico and Canada...
Nope, that doesn't mean/prove that Mercedes is a great car. However, it does mean/prove that the Mercedes star is a "true sign of luxury & class" as indicated by SwedeMercedes

Old 01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by mick1
Nope, that doesn't mean/prove that Mercedes is a great car. However, it does mean/prove that the Mercedes star is a "true sign of luxury & class" as indicated by SwedeMercedes
Obviously, there's more to a Mercedes than just the car. The mere mention of the name gets peoples attention. The history, the prestige, etc...that all goes down in the plus category for Mercedes. Only a handful of other makes have that...and none of them are Japanese.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
#1) It is obvious you need to get outside as your length of time posting on this board indicates you are NOT taking your Prozac or taking too much of it! Anyone who has 22K in posts, well... is a loser period.
#2) Secondly when is the last time you purchased a New car and not just NEW to you? When you have you'll know what I mean about MB. I would never buy a used MB and maybe that is why you and your Tuscan friends have such issues with the car. Because you can not afford to buy a NEW one. Sorry, but it is how you come off Icky.
#3) Furthermore, if you do not like them, then why are you here?.

In any matter, take your Prozac, or take less of it, and get some fresh air. Or better yet go buy your 1994 lexus back, Ha Ha, and then go to the Lexus board, they'll love you there.

Geesh.
I'm throwing in the towel. If you can't stand to keep an intelligent debate, then there is no reason for me to either.

BTW: 1) I'm 17, I have lots of time to post like crazy. I read very fast and I can type very fast. A lot of work I do is computer related so I can always browse mbworld.org
2) Dads car was used because it was titled in California first. It was one of those SL500 with a premium (I know.. stupid )
3) When did I say I didn't like Mercedes? I'm just trying to help illustrate that Mercedes isn't the end all solution.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 PM

C32
I bought my nephew a lil hot wheels C230 because it has prestige and class. Now he can show off to his Hyundai, Lexus, and lesser friends.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:53 PM

2006 C350 Sport 6MT, 2000 BMW 323ci
the c350's 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. that is as fast as a slk350 with the 3.27 final drive! much props for mercedes for releasing this beast.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Almost a Member!

I meant to say, the Americans or people I know, have always believed the Mercedes Benz is a true sign of luxury & class. If you wish to buy a jap crotch rocket, by all means, buy one! However I'll stick to a Mercedes Benz any day and most everybody on this board feels the same way. Furthermore I truly feel the Lexus is WAY over priced!

1) If you want speed, buy a japanese crotch rocket

2) If you want pure class, luxury and strong performance, buy the Mercedes Benz.

Bottom line.

Swede
I'd go with the Vette and Caddy, as was said earlier. Americans prefer American cars. It's just natural.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:39 PM

2006 MB C230, Black on Black
Iceburns288......

If your in Vegas, the Caddy has a stronger presence there than anywhere I have been too, they still have a little of that MOB mistique down there. However out here on the West Coast it really does not. Caddy's are for Grand Daddy's on the West Coast, so if your over 70 by all means jump on it. By then you need all the metal you can get around you!

So No Thank You on the Caddy, I'll stick with my Mercedes Benz.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by iceburns288
I'd go with the Vette and Caddy, as was said earlier. Americans prefer American cars. It's just natural.
If that was true, GM would not have been in the financial mess it is in.

Toyota is poised to become the world's biggest car maker this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/20/bu...0b5270&ei=5070

and it's the American consumers that help them move up to that spot.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:23 PM
ON PROBATION

LOL Americans prefer Japanese cars, silly rabbit!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:09 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
guess that explains why some of the american carmakers are having financial troubles
Old 01-08-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
LOL Americans prefer Japanese cars, silly rabbit!
Statistically, that isn't the case. The US makes still own well over half the market.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:51 AM
ON PROBATION

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Wait until the approximately 50% drop-off in sales of SUV's and pick-ups by american manufacturers adds up for another couple of quarters -- and then get back to me on the statistics, would you please?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Wait until the approximately 50% drop-off in sales of SUV's and pick-ups by american manufacturers adds up for another couple of quarters -- and then get back to me on the statistics, would you please?

Its not anywhere near 50%. Ford alone still sold nearly 900,000 F150's last year. So, of about 16million cars sold, 1 Ford model accounted for 1/16th of them all. Sobering, eh? Simple fact is, the statement was incorrect. I'm not predicting the future.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:33 AM
ON PROBATION

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

"Today is always the first day of the Future. The Past? Yesterday was the last day of the Past."

I was not being facetious when I asked you to please get back to us on the statistics -- I am very interested in the financial health of the american car manufacturers as that activity is a large sector of the US economy, and perhaps an even larger sector of the US consumer economy. Their financial and economic health is a bit more than slightly frightening to me today; and I fear that the immediate future does not bode well for them or us in the USA....
Meanwhile, the Asian manufacturers in part or on the whole are doing just swimmingly, aren't they? I wonder how much market-share they will garner from the american manufacturers in just this next year?
I don't think that it looks good for the Home team, today, or tomorrow....
Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing yours. And if you do indeed keep up with statistics on Ford, please post them up again in a few months. I'd appreciate it. (I already know how GM and Chrysler are doing).

Last edited by ClayJ; 01-09-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:21 AM

a toy
Right under the screen name you "misread" you will see that Ricky is a Super Moderator. Do you understand now?

I don't think you are in a position to question other peoples' presence on this board. Before your panties fold over yet another time and get pulled further up your buttcrack, yes I also have an MB W203 which I simply don't care to list in my sig.

I saw the article on Wednesday night when I got the magazine in the mail, browsed the pictures and carried on. Why are all of you even getting all worked up over this? Cars are personal statements, who cares how others judge what you like?

#1) It is obvious you need to get outside as your length of time posting on this board indicates you are NOT taking your Prozac or taking too much of it! Anyone who has 22K in posts, well... is a loser period.
#3) Furthermore, if you do not like them, then why are you here?.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Roupin....

Ricky is 17 yrs. old, probably not even out of high school. I suppose you are all for 17 year old children dictating the forum and moderating its content? If so then you and Ricky can get each others phone number and argue all you want.

"All is fair in love and war".

Swede
Old 01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Ricky is 17 yrs. old, probably not even out of high school. I suppose you are all for 17 year old children dictating the forum and moderating its content? If so then you and Ricky can get each others phone number and argue all you want.

"All is fair in love and war".

Swede
The way you're arguing, it would appear you're the immature one.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:34 PM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
Swede talks a lot of smack for someone with "only" a C230. IMHO of course.

I drive A C230 also but what I'm saying is this: I luv my car but it is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. If BMW had fired Chris Bangle or Lexus made the IS350 in a manual I would not even own this car. Period.

But they didn't and they didn't so I did buy it. And I like it. I like it a lot. So much that I have 9k miles on it already (bought it in early October). And other than a quick trip to NYC and another one to Boston, all the miles have been local (round & round the beltway I go...)

But to say Lexus (or Japanese companies ) do not make quality products is bogus.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 PM

Oggle, nothing personal really.

The facts have been stated not only by me but by many other posters here on this board. We love our C230's! And yes at a later date I will step up to a different model but for now....I Love My Car!
Furthermore, if you want 17 year old children dictating this forum and moderating its content then please be my guest and join him.

PS: Please tell me why someone would have over 7000 posts? I really want to hear your response.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
The facts have been stated not only by me but by many other posters here on this board. We love our C230's! And yes at a later date I will step up to a different model but for now....I Love My Car!
Furthermore, if you want 17 year old children dictating this forum and moderating its content then please be my guest and join him.

PS: Please tell me why someone would have over 7000 posts? I really want to hear your response.
I really don't think you want to get into a grey matter slinging contest with the MBW 17 year olds.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

I dunno...how many posts do I have?

IMHO yes, you sounds like you do love your car, but you also sound like an *** with the way you bring someone who oppose your argument. Intelligent debate doesn't have to be restricted by age, but age doesn't necessary represent you can make an intelligent debate by the way you resort to calling people name.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by can drive 55
I really don't think you want to get into a grey matter slinging contest with the MBW 17 year olds.
Does it matter how much grey matter each opponent or side has in a 'grey matter slinging contest'?
I don't think so. We try to keep this an enjoyable community. We all have to 'live' here on our little site. So gunfights in the streets and 'slinging' in the threads is generally frowned-upon by the peaceful townfolks -- you know what I mean?

Keep it nice or go watch TV! That's what I always say!

(who cares what I say? LOL)
Old 01-10-2006, 07:41 AM

2002 w203 C320 Sport Sedan
we're with ricky on this swede. whether u like it or not. he is the one who is contributing to our knowledge by sharing his and is for sure the one who is debating with an IQ of over 50. and i would rather have this forum moderated by him than you ANY DAY. pass me the ballot i vote agrawal lol

i have to say i am disappointed that C350 came in last. i do really like the new IS350's and the look on the e90's are MEAN with a few aesthetics but right now i'm going through a benz phase in my life and to see a w203 do so poorly on a comparison is just depressing. hopefully the 2007's will do better although i don't think they're updating any more performance mods...

and OH MAN just the thought of a 300+ hp 335i is just jaw-dropping!! i think that thing will be truly a beast and an ultimate driving machine. and only a couple tenths of a second slower than an M3 SMG?!?! jesus. i think im going to have to go test drive one of those when they're released. who knows, i might be joining ricky in the BMW forums next year lol

and my two cents on the economy: america is screwed. i'm moving to canada lol legal weed and hot canadians! awesome! canada is the place to live, china is the place to do business.. that's the way i see the future... MY future anyway. lol :p

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend 06 C230 vs 330i vs is350 scan...