C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

weathertech mat picture request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
weathertech mat picture request

anyone who has a C230K coupe with the weathertech mats, can you please post some pics of the mats inside the car? i realize this topic has been done to death but the only pics i've seen were the two front mats outside of the car.

i have the MB all-season mats but i'm thinking about ordering the weathertech front & back mats as well as the cargo liner. however, i wanted to see what they look like inside the car (especially the cargo liner and driver's mat) before i drop $165.

does the cargo liner only line the trunk space with the seats up, or does it fold up the seat backs somehow?

thanks!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
well, i don't have a pic of the mat inside the car... but it fits ok. actually, i want the euro all weather mats that DTS posted what happened to the group buy on those?

i don't have a trunk liner mat.

--

found a pic... tommy's brabus pedals and mats. only the black mats have the red border. the gray and beige do not.

Last edited by young; 08-02-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 K
mat boy ahoy!

:p

BT

Last edited by trench; 08-09-2002 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
ok, that's it... next time i'm in SF, i'm leaving another "nose" print on your car!
Old 08-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Session,
I don't have an answer for your question, but I wonder why you want the weathertech mats when you have the MB mats. I really like my MB all season mats. They feel good and look good. I think the weathertech had the colored border line which didn't appeal to me, otherwise they were nice too. Just curious. Maybe your interior color will be better matched with those??
Deb
Old 08-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
The black mats have the red border. The other color mats do not have contrasting borders. Here's a view of my WeatherTech tans (The dead pedal is my creation, not McNeil's):
Old 08-03-2002, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by Deb
Session,
I don't have an answer for your question, but I wonder why you want the weathertech mats when you have the MB mats. I really like my MB all season mats. They feel good and look good. I think the weathertech had the colored border line which didn't appeal to me, otherwise they were nice too. Just curious. Maybe your interior color will be better matched with those??
Deb
i had the weathertech mats for my 2000 honda civic and my dad has had the same ones in his jeeps for years. they're built like tanks and will last forever, and they'll hold a ton of mud/water/snow/dirt to boot.

the benz mats aren't as heavy, they aren't as thick, the rubber feels cheap and they certainly won't hold as much. plus, those little metal clasps annoy the hell out of me because they keep coming out.

as far as the red border, i still don't understand why weathertech doesn't get rid of it... i might get the grey mats instead but i don't know how light the grey is.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Originally posted by session

...they're built like tanks and will last forever, and they'll hold a ton of mud/water/snow/dirt to boot.
Good point. Where I live we just don't have to deal with that much mud/snow/dirt. Just lots of water sometimes.

... those little metal clasps annoy the hell out of me because they keep coming out.

... i might get the grey mats instead but i don't know how light the grey is.
I don't use the metal clips on the driver's side (which I have to remove and clean more frequently) and the mat stays in place just fine. That may not work for someone using the car on a daily basis though.

If I remember correctly from the weathertech website, I think the grey would probably look fine with your ash interior.
Deb
Old 08-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by Deb

Good point. Where I live we just don't have to deal with that much mud/snow/dirt. Just lots of water sometimes.
If I remember correctly from the weathertech website, I think the grey would probably look fine with your ash interior.
Deb
Deb, in Southern FL, my guess is you not only have to deal with the water on the mats, but also sand from the beach. I assume over time, that fine sand will wear on the pile of your all-season mats. All the more reason to get some WeatherTechs... that sand goes EVERYWHERE!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Very little sand in the Keys

Originally posted by MB-BOB

Deb, in Southern FL, my guess is you not only have to deal with the water on the mats, but also sand from the beach. I assume over time, that fine sand will wear on the pile of your all-season mats. All the more reason to get some WeatherTechs... that sand goes EVERYWHERE!
MB-Bob, where I live there is not much sand at all. Lots of coral rock though. Actually, maybe I'm confused. What I'm calling MB all season mats are quite thick rubber and seem pretty tough and durable. Maybe I'm talking about different mats from what you guys are talking about? I'll have to look at them next time I'm downstairs. Nevertheless, your point is well taken. Sand, dirt, mud, snow or whatever is hard on the carpet and needs a durable mat protector.
Deb
Old 08-09-2002, 03:00 PM

I dont know if this is the cargo liner you mean, but here´s a pic
Old 08-09-2002, 03:41 PM

2002 C230K Coupe
might be slightly off topic
Anyone see what the Coupe looks like with the new weathertech wind deflectors (weatherflectors)

I am so interested
think it will match my black coupe
Old 08-09-2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by ting
might be slightly off topic
Anyone see what the Coupe looks like with the new weathertech wind deflectors (weatherflectors)

I am so interested
think it will match my black coupe
Sorry, I was so stupid. I didnt notice that the request was for a weathertech cargo liner. The pic I posted above is not a weathertech.

About the wind deflectors. If you mean those small plastic things that come on the sidewindows, yes I have a pair of them but they are also not made by weathertech. I can post a pic anyway if you want.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:06 PM

2002 C230K Coupe
could you please post a picture of what it looks like?
Also if you could let me know where it was purchased, and possible the price as well

Awesome... awaiting your pics.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
actually that MB cargo liner looks BETTER than the weathertech one. the weathertech one has a lip that goes all the way around so when you have the seats down it could get in the way. nice to see the MB one doesn't. thanks!

do you have a part # for that, and is that a coupe in the picture?
Old 08-09-2002, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
must... resist... buying... another mat...
Old 08-11-2002, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by session
actually that MB cargo liner looks BETTER than the weathertech one. the weathertech one has a lip that goes all the way around so when you have the seats down it could get in the way. nice to see the MB one doesn't. thanks!

do you have a part # for that, and is that a coupe in the picture?
This is what I found on the back of the liner, B66648051 CL203. I am not sure if the CL203 belongs to the partnumber. And yes, it´s a coupe.

And here´s a pic of the winddeflector:
Old 08-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by Freddy
I am not sure if the CL203 belongs to the partnumber. And yes, it´s a coupe.
CL203 is internal designation for the ccoupe. Don't ask me why they use that when there's already a CL model.

That mat does look great, and it's about the same price as the Weathertec one. Too many choices.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:30 PM

2002 C230K Coupe
FREDDY

Any chance you could let me know where you purchased your wind deflectors? Looks great on a black car (which I have)

I originally thought it would make it look cheap.. bu tI guess not
Old 08-13-2002, 02:12 AM

Ting, I am sorry but I think I cannot help you much. I live in Germany and I bought them directly from the manufacturer. My winddeflectors are made by a German company called Aerolift. There are several other brands but I chose these because they are made of dark plastic, and I think it fits perfectly on a black car. Maybe Aerolift ships their products to US/Canada too, I dont know.

Someone may think that the deflectors look cheap because they are made of plastic, but I am happy with them. I like to drive with windows open and these deflectors are great for that.