C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

question on rims and tires...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C240
question on rims and tires...

im a little confused about the tires im planning to get!
originally i was planning to get some ADR sterling chrome rims for my car...
was planning to go for 19" but considering the fact that the tires are a lot more expensive and the way i drive, id have to replace the tires a lot.
then i looked into 18" rims...and i was at MFRT shop in Vancouver, they suggested me to go for Stern 18" ST1 wheels. they looked pretty good in chrome too. then i went into trouble with my parents and my brother saying chrome rims get rock chips easily and chrome cant be repaired if i rub a curb. so i was thinking of gloss black with deep dish mirror lip. then same thing..the gloss black comes off easily from rock chips and it will turn to little silver bits....THEN....i looked at silver ones...i played around with some photoshop and then i realised that Mandrus Millienium Hyper SIlver mirror lip rims were not bad....! then i went to a wheel/tire shop and they told me to go all around 18X8.5. this set up was cheap but it wasnt wat i was looking for. i wanted front 2.5 deep lip and rear 3 deep lip. the only option i had was to go for staggered setup. European cars look way better with this set up ( i personally think). but the guy at the tire place said if i do a 18X8.5front and 18X9.5 rear....i will rub...i was like , "huh, i see lots of people on forums and online doing the same setup" then he told me it was the tires too. so he quoted me a price and suggested me to get some 225/40zr18 ecsta asx
and 255/35zr18 ecsta asx tires...Kumho...im not going for perofmrance i only wana go for show. but the tires cant be too crappy because it rains a lot here...i went home thinking its gona be great...then i talked to a friend about it. he said this setup will screw up my allignment. is that true? he said running 35 on the rear will cause the rear to spin faster than the front. because the front end of c240 sedan is heavy, its gona oversteer and it wont be safe he said. but im wondering if it was this dangerous, why would the guy at the shop suggest me to do it? give me some opinions please. if it will rub my fenders...i think il roll my fenders a bit.
thanks if u guys read the whole thing. please reply soon because it takes them 2 weeks to order the rims...i wanna do it soon!

i attached the pictures of the rims, my car is brilliant silver...which rim do u guys think looks the best?
Attached Thumbnails question on rims and tires...-mandrus_mill_slvr_lg_enlarge.jpg   question on rims and tires...-adr_sterling_lg_enlarge.jpg   question on rims and tires...-stern_st1_faceiii_gls_blk_lg_enlarge.jpg  

Last edited by topekoms; 02-07-2006 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum.

There have been numerous threads regarding wheels, tire, rubbing, etc. Please make use of the search function.

CLOSED