C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

ATTENTION: Artur023!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by Rick
Frank,
Give him written notice (e-mail will suffice) that he has 48 hours to resolve this matter with a cashiers check or money order delivered to you via FEDEX or Express Mail. Period.

If he fails to comply, call the Hasbrouck Heights NJ Police at 201-288-1000. Ask to talk to Detective Mike Colaneri, explain how this kid ordered and received the merchandise, ripped you off, tried to make excuses and has now tried to put you off again. The criminal charges range from theft by deception to mail fraud. Hang him out to dry, embarrass him in front of his family and ruin his life. Paybacks are a mutha_____r!

While it's sad to think that he'll spend a minimum of 3-5 in the county lockup for a mere $649.00 - never feel sorry for him. He tried to screw you - screw him back - harder and deeper than he could ever imagine.

If you need a licensed "collections agent" - PM me - he's only about 40 minutes from me.
http://www.hhpd.com/detective.htm
lets just hope the best

Last edited by kickR; 04-11-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
thanks Rick.

I'll check with AMEX tomorrow to see if they have reinbursted us yet. If not, other actions will be taken.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:12 AM

F10
although kickr's recommendation was good. i would strongly suggest a certified mail through USPS. That way you have a record that he received the letter. This always works, he doesn't necessarily have to sign the receipt, someone on his behalf can sign it for him, and that's considered received. When you have the receipt then you can proceed with the police process. Good luck Frank, i hope you get your money.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:37 AM

M37S
Frank,
Give him written notice (e-mail will suffice) that he has 48 hours to resolve this matter with a cashiers check or money order delivered to you via FEDEX or Express Mail. Period.

If he fails to comply, call the Hasbrouck Heights NJ Police at 201-288-1000. Ask to talk to Detective Mike Colaneri, explain how this kid ordered and received the merchandise, ripped you off, tried to make excuses and has now tried to put you off again. The criminal charges range from theft by deception to mail fraud. Hang him out to dry, embarrass him in front of his family and ruin his life. Paybacks are a mutha_____r!

While it's sad to think that he'll spend a minimum of 3-5 in the county lockup for a mere $649.00 - never feel sorry for him. He tried to screw you - screw him back - harder and deeper than he could ever imagine.

If you need a licensed "collections agent" - PM me - he's only about 40 minutes from me.

this is my kind of solution!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Frank is a real good guy. I would not have been so patient with this buyer. Frank did the leg work to offer this kid and others on the forum a great price, one they would not find in their area, and this guy "forgets" to pay. When he said he closed on a house, I think he meant he was there, while his parents closed on a house for him.

Frank, just be glad you were not on the wrong end of the two Enzo's and the SLR deal like that UK bank!
Old 04-12-2006, 05:48 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
AMEX's processing the case. need to call back in 10 days.

btw, the mother just called us and my partner picked up the phone. I'm told that she was very rude and said she wanted to open a RMA case with us and we will not get a cent from her. She also told us that her son didn't use her card without notice, yet when we called AMEX they told us the card holder says the card was used by her son unauthorized. Our return policy is 14days after the product was received. It's been 3 months. There is no way we will accept the merchandise after this long not knowing what kind of condition it is in.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:42 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by FrankW
AMEX's processing the case. need to call back in 10 days.

btw, the mother just called us and my partner picked up the phone. I'm told that she was very rude and said she wanted to open a RMA case with us and we will not get a cent from her. She also told us that her son didn't use her card without notice, yet when we called AMEX they told us the card holder says the card was used by her son unauthorized. Our return policy is 14days after the product was received. It's been 3 months. There is no way we will accept the merchandise after this long not knowing what kind of condition it is in.
whats a RMA? seems like the whole family is kinda messed up.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Ya know Frank.... have no remorse in doing what Rick said. It has been my experience that people who try to rip off merchants are the same ones who try to rip off their own customers. People like that don't have a conscience.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally Posted by kickR
whats a RMA? seems like the whole family is kinda messed up.
RMA = return material authorization

OR

Return Merchandise Authorization

Erik
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Frank...hate to say it, but the punk probably sold the rims to pay his "insurance". Now he's involved his mom in the scam...and his crime. Bust 'em both.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:06 AM

'04 C230K SS
No Mercy Frank.....Go after them. They are playing you. Don't let them win....Hit them first!!!!

Good Luck!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:48 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
We're waiting for AMEX's dispute dept to process the case and see what they say. They told us to call them back in 10-14days, so I will call them around Tuesday or Wednesday. If AMEX can't solve this. Written notice will be sent via USPS and follow the suggestion by Rick and everyone else.

thanks for the support guys.

p.s. just received a voice msg from him saying "I don't know how old is he, but he needs to stop posting on the forum or lawsuit will be taken against him and tell him to deal this like a man and call me at #"

Arthur, i know you are reading this. Feel free to call me again at the office 626 574 8900, but I will give you the same answer that I'm going to give you right now.

I will leave this to AMEX's dispute department and then the legal system. I will not deal this issue with you personally as you have already given many chances and fail to comply. If AMEX's dispute department fails, you will be given a official written notice via USPS. If you still fail to comply then NJ police will be called. All the emails and voice msg will be submitted to the police if and when this is necessary.

Regarding to your mom wanting to open the RMA case requires you to actually pay for the product first, until you pay up this is a case of fraud and theft. Also our return policy is clearly written on our website which the returning period has already expired for you.

and I'm 23 yr old btw.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Frank,

Frank, here's Detective Colaneri's e-mail address so you can start the process of filing a report as soon as you are notified of the decision by American Express: mcolaneri_jr@hhpd.com
(by the way - theft by deception is a violation of state laws, mail fraud is a federal offense, and applicable because the transaction initiated with written communication and was carried out over state lines)

Last edited by Rick; 04-14-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any luck, Frank?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
have not contacted AMEX yet. Will do that Wednesday since they say takes 10-14 days to re-process.

Will let you know Rick.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S6 LP640 E500
Just joined this thread late, so what's the update Frank. I just tuned in and wanted to know.
Or anyone one else can fill me in, thanks
Old 07-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Almost a Member!

All
Same here, curious how this ended up.