C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

gps & phone antenna wire, which pillar?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gps & phone antenna wire, which pillar?

I have just installed in the rear windscreen glass the gps antenna and the telephone antenna. From which pillar (AR/BR/CR/AL/BL/CL) the two antenna wires come down to the floor? I need to know before I put back the roof liner. My car has the steering wheel on the right hand side since it is a UK car. I assume it is the CR pillar but not sure. Please let me know. Please help!!! Thank you in advance
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by perdikoula888
I have just installed in the rear windscreen glass the gps antenna and the telephone antenna. From which pillar (AR/BR/CR/AL/BL/CL) the two antenna wires come down to the floor? I need to know before I put back the roof liner. My car has the steering wheel on the right hand side since it is a UK car. I assume it is the CR pillar but not sure. Please let me know. Please help!!! Thank you in advance
If you look very carefully at the radio antenna you will see that there are wire guides on the right half and that there are (or should be) phone and GPS cable junctions on the right pillar itself. In addition to which there is insufficient wire length for the gps antenna to junction on the left side.

Apart from that I am assumiing that you are using original parts. You may also want to consider that the phone equipment wiring is also on the right side (UK spec).
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply benzmodz. You are talking about the CR pillar. Is this correct? Will check out in the morning. I wish I had somebody of you guys to help me here in the UK. I am trying to undertake so many mods at the same time that becomes a real nightmare for me... thank you once again.

Last edited by perdikoula888; 02-13-2006 at 06:49 PM.