C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How long from boat to dealer????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
'16 SL550, '18 Porsche Macan GTS
How long from boat to dealer????

I broke down yesterday and placed my order for a new C230 Silver/Ash that's on a boat from Germany. I have looked at countless C32's and a few C320's but in the end, it just made more sense to get the new car due to the mileage that I drive. Dealer is loaning me something to drive while it's in transit so I can turn in my rental (my previous car was totaled) so the wait is not so big of a deal. They say that it will be around 10-12 days, but curious what others have experienced???

Only option that it does not have that I really wanted is Bi Xenons, but I figure I can add those later. Looking forward to the modding addiction!

Lets see.............grill, flat hood badge, Eibachs, Eurotech frtr lip, C55 rear lip, 19" Bremmas, H&R sways, ECU, black birds eye maple, Bi Xenon, Euro impact strips, window tint, etc., etc.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
congrats, Steve. I don't know how long it would take with the car already built. For me, I had to wait 3 months for it to get built and get here.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
A car transport company, PMT, tells me delivery of cars is rather fast. In the Port of LA/LB, cars get off within 6 hours of docking. Another 8 hours delivers the cars to the pig yard by rail. From the pig yard cars are dispatched by train in 4 to 24 hours. In 72 hours or less, cars arrive at their PDC (pre delivery center.) Next day they are dispatched by truck to the dealer.

Dealers local to the port have cars delivered by truck, without the train rides.

My own experience with European delivery is that it took 14 days from dropping the car at the port, to my dealer calling asking me to get the car.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:25 PM

'08 Audi R8, '09 SL63, '10 GLK, '10 ML550
I asked my dealer today how long it will take for my car (SL500) to get from the boat in Long Beach to my dealership. I was told seven to 10 days.

I just returned from Sindelfingen, Germany and my first european delivery experience. So far, the timing for the delivery of my car has been (and is projected to be), as follows:

I ordered a black SL500 in late November and it was ready for me to take delivery in Sindelfingen last week, which was the second week in February. I picked it up at the MB/DC delivery center and took it for a drive on the autobahn. I dropped it off at the shipping agent on the same day as my Sindelfingen delivery (the weather was too bad/snowy to continue on our planned itinerary with my car).

I contacted the shipping agent in Germany today and I was told my car is set to sail from the port of Bremerhaven next week. So, in the end it took two weeks to process the car from the day I dropped it off at the shipping agent until the day it sets sail from Bremerhaven. The shipping agent also told me today that it will take approximately four weeks to ship it from Bremerhaven to the port of Long Beach. And then I learned today from my dealer that it will take another seven to 10 days for the car to clear customs in Long Beach, go through the MB Vehicle Prep Center, and truck it to my dealership.

My trip to Germany was great. It was a lot of fun to drive my new car on the autobahn and participate in the european delivery process, but in the end it will take more than four months from the time I ordered my car to the time of delivery at my dealership. The wait seems especially long since I was able to drive my car in Germany. It was so so much fun to drive and is such a beautiful car. It was hard to turn around and give it up for shipment after spending the afternoon with it. As you can imagine, that part has made for an especially long wait.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 PM

C230 WZ - Six Speed
2 days from boat to dealer with my order.... nice.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
'16 SL550, '18 Porsche Macan GTS
Mine should be in port today, and the dealer says that it may be here by Tues. Since we are in the middle of the country, it cuts a couple of days off the transpertation time on a truck. First round of mod parts might beat it here!